Report 4 years ago
Well at least it's something different.
RotatingPhasor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cringed listening to our entry. I may have once thought that political voting was a significant reason why we've been doing badly, but looking at our entries you can see that it's probably our choice of acts. Also acts that work on humour generally do very badly such as france last year.

Really though, it would be jokes if we had a bit of grime like giggs at eurovision , but that would never happen.
jon5579
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why does no one like it? Finally something that isn't some overemotional rubbish!

Personally last year I don't know why Austria and the Netherlands did so well. I liked Iceland's entry, I thought they should have won - something a bit different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qAvGsiCmc
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by hussnainz)
Well at least it's something different.
That's true! I was worried that we would pick a ballad and it would get lost.

I do actually think it's a fun yet serious entry and it's starting to grow on me. It's been going around my head all morning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TeeEff
  • Volunteer Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm starting to get into Electro Swing but this song is still a bit of a let down. Really can't blame political voting this year.
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Romania is sending Voltaj with "De la capăt" to Vienna

Voltaj had to fight off Luminita (who for aware people, came 3rd in 2005 for Romania). But in the end Voltaj won both the televote and jury vote, they also sang 1st, which we all know is rare for a winner to do!

It's another slowish song, but a male this time! it's also nice to have another non-english song (as apparently Serbia&Macedonia are converting to English)
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Romania has chosen to send Voltaj with the song De la capăt

Tomorrow (Monday 9th) Poland will reveal their entry for Vienna as we enter the final week of the National Final season!

Praise the lord...

EDIT: Genesis beat me to it
chloevictoria
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How does 'cautious' rhyme with 'gorgeous'? That is the question.
Brandon_97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chloevictoria)
How does 'cautious' rhyme with 'gorgeous'? That is the question.

It shouldn't but he almost pulls it off haha
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Poland have announced today, they are sending Monika Kuszyńska with "In The Name Of Love"

Another solo-female. Another decent song. I am concerned that semi-final 2 is going to be very boring for most people. However I suppose this song has a better message, and is less provocative than last year.

Something interesting about her is that she was paralysed waist down in 2006 apparently. I don't recall a single really obviously paralysed person competing in eurovision in recent memory. The Georgian 2008 entrant was blind I think, but as I said it's not really something you could see. While this will be very apparent. This is one of the stronger ballads I feel, and one of the most emotive ones

Expect some news from Russia very soon....
mikec47
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Genesis2703)
Poland have announced today, they are sending Monika Kuszyńska with "In The Name Of Love"

Another solo-female. Another decent song. I am concerned that semi-final 2 is going to be very boring for most people. However I suppose this song has a better message, and is less provocative than last year.

Expect some news from Russia very soon....
Still amused at the fact that UK televote put Poland first and the jury put them last in 2014!
lemxn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My fav entry so far is Italy

I don't like the UK song but so far it's the only one which has stuck in my head which could be good in the final
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
The Czech Republic presented their song today! For a while we have known that Marta Jandová and Václav Noid Bárta would represent the country in Vienna with the song Hope Never Dies and today we finally get to hear it! You can listen to the song by clicking here. The video will be released tomorrow.

Belgium's entry will also be presented later today.

Can't keep up with all the songs that have been selected? Watch this handy video of all the songs chosen up to the end of last week.

(Original post by lemxn)
My fav entry so far is Italy

I don't like the UK song but so far it's the only one which has stuck in my head which could be good in the final
Same here, it's been going around in my head for days! Hopefully that may make it stand out in the final...
Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally Belgium has revelaed what Loic Nottet's song is, it is "Rhythm Inside".

It's very Lorde, and he's apparently known for his female sounding vocals but yeah it's different for sure. Still low-tempo though

Edited with official video, he's soaking wet at some points of the video.... interesting...
Boston-London
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So since I'm living in Boston (the one in America, not in England), I couldn't watch live stream on BBC Eurovision (sad eh?). Thus I found it out on twitter feed, and it just shocked me beyond my wildest imagination. I thought BBC Eurovision lads finally got some sense into their brain last year (honestly, Molly was my favourite! go Molly!) but this year, it's just pure nonsense.
But the song is indeed damn catchy though... wonder how UK's gonna do this year.
BTW I seriously hope that there would be some sort of Eurovision party here in Boston. There's pretty much loads of Europeans here in Boston but no Eurovision party?
Emsybean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
All the slow songs this year are making it very difficult for me to choose a favourite, so I'm not looking forward to the contest as much. But if I had to narrow it down...

Like (in no particular order): Iceland, Estonia, Slovenia, Malta, Finland, and Italy

All the others have been a bit meh. Though Electro Velvet do stick in my head, but only because it's the Birdseye Potato Waffles jingle remixed
26december
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emsybean)
All the slow songs this year are making it very difficult for me to choose a favourite, so I'm not looking forward to the contest as much. But if I had to narrow it down...

Like (in no particular order): Iceland, Estonia, Slovenia, Malta, Finland, and Italy

All the others have been a bit meh. Though Electro Velvet do stick in my head, but only because it's the Birdseye Potato Waffles jingle remixed
I agree with that. I definitely don't enjoy Finland's and I also LOVE France, Belarus.

Melodifestivalen final this Saturday as well and I have 5 favourites so I'm sure I'll add Sweden to my like list!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Armenia have FINALLY released their song after individually announcing a member of their act for what seems like the last 6 years. Genealogy will sing Don't Deny in Vienna

Israel have also presented their song. Nadav Guedj will perform Golden Boy

Genesis2703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The hosts for this year Austria have hosted their national final Wer singt für Österreich? and are going to send The Makemakes with "I Am Yours"

considering they are the hosts so should be bringing out the big guns, I am kinda disappointed. Don't see this doing amazingly well at the moment.

San Marino were meant to announce today, but unless I'm blind they seem to have not
ManicPumpkin
Rep:
?
Tonight marks the conclusion of the 2015 National Final season! (Thank goodness )

SWEDEN: MELODIFESTIVALEN - FINAL (WATCH HERE | 7:00pm)
NORWAY: NORGE MELODI GRAND PRIX - FINAL (WATCH HERE | 7:25pm)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads