Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarte Tatin)
    I feel the same way, but I'm a girl

edit; also, I have no idea when someone is interested or not, because I've felt like someone might be a few times, but that they may also be scared to make a move. I'm just so hopeless at this kind of thing. I seem to be invisible in the world of dating.
    That's when you need to be daring and make your move. Fortune favours the bold!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    To make myself feel better I like to think this is the reason I have been turned down as I tend to erm... target.... people who are somewhat shy. Maybe they just don't want a boyfriend and nothing is wrong with me

This positivity (or delusion) doesn't last very long though :erm:

I'm not sure I can last that long

Im sure there is nothing wrong with you :hugs:
    I know people can be harsh, but you'll find someone
    I just seriously don't want one, I'm perfectly happy at the moment and have a lot of crap to deal with, it would be unfair to pin that on someone

ReputationRep:
    It's very nosy. But it's not strange.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My penis is too big lol

ReputationRep:
    All the women worth dating are in relationships. Even some in relationships are not worthy LOL.

This is how I feel about the rest of them.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...d=354979&stc=1
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (12.5 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Cause Being a good girl doesn't seem to cut it now a days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    You're cheeky.
    You love it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thirdcultureteen)
    I think most people ask this as a sort of compliment (at least in my experience), or because it can be an interesting conversation starter if your answer is yes?

Depending on who's asking, I have different reactions (ranging from comfortable answers to awkward uh....s), but I usually just say the truth: that I don't see a point in dating just yet when I've got a lot of other stuff going on that I'd prefer to spend time on
    That's why I kind of feel bad for getting defensive about it when maybe it was meant as a compliment.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been asked that question unless its a joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I'm single because I'm not really interested in anyone atm. The last person I was interested in, doesn't want a relationship and the last person who was interested in me, well, I wouldn't date if he was the last person earth. It was obvious just how desparate he was for a relationship.
    Your last sentence made me laugh I can almost relate 😆

ReputationRep:
    **** too big, could kill someone

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 big brothers who have scared away my ex's other than that still free and single 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    I'm sure that's not true
    it really is true unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Sorry to hear that. You don't need plastic surgery, you need confidence
    i really do need surgery on most places bar my nose which is the only good thing about me its perfect (in my opinion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pencil_case)
    Rubbish! One day, someone will consider themselves the luckiest person in the world to have you. You don't need plastic surgery either, by all means do it if you want to, but don't let anyone pressure you into believing that you're not beautiful just as you are.
    they wont im sure bc im just not good enough, skinny enough or pretty enough for anyone to deal with. i mostly need lipo tbh and braces for my teeth. i get told all the time that im worthless by my friends boyfriend and she backs him up the only time i am accepted is at the stables and when i am watching criminal minds (the actors seem really accepting both in the series and in real life)

ReputationRep:
    havent found a woman who deserves me

ReputationRep:
    i am single because don't own a phone
    how so
    girl i'm interested in- here's my number can i have yours
    me- i don't have one
    girl-oh well then goodbye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Papi El Jalanito)
    havent found a woman who deserves me
    I second this.

ReputationRep:
    This question is mostly a reflection of the asker's insecurity than it is of anything to do with you.

A lot of people will enter into sub par relationships just to not be alone, convincing themselves that they like someone who they have nothing in common with.

I cannot do that, I have to feel a strong resonance with someone to want to be in anything more than a casual relationship with them.

The freedom of being single is also very much underrated. Relationships require a lot of time, effort and compromise, and I feel I'm far too young to be compromising with another person on that level.

ReputationRep:
    Holding out 4 da 1 :moon:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 30, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.