Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clara16)
    This probably a really easy qu for most people but, can anyone explain why the purple graph here is correct and not the black graph for the sketch of the parametric curve: x = t^3 y = t^2 ?

Thanks Attachment 379927

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm guessing you got y=x^(2/3) for the Cartesian? Consider what happens to the gradient as x gets larger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I'm guessing you got y=x^(2/3) for the Cartesian? Consider what happens to the gradient as x gets larger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh I see of course. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just started my revision...and was wonderjng which years the c4 paper was harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    I've just started my revision...and was wonderjng which years the c4 paper was harder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year's seemed hard

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...thats the only one I found too ..I was wondering if there were any other years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Last year's seemed hard
    i thought it was easy compared to the older papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paras Agarwal)
    i thought it was easy compared to the older papers.
    Haha I remember being traumatised by the year 13s that left that exam in tears at my school :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Haha I remember being traumatised by the year 13s that left that exam in tears at my school :lol:
    Lol weirdly my school is pretty bad, but the further maths class that took it last year around 7 of them got 100 in C3 and C4 2014. They were the best class my school ever had!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol weirdly my school is pretty bad, but the further maths class that took it last year around 7 of them got 100 in C3 and C4 2014. They were the best class my school ever had!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my god :O thats amazing haha did they all go off to do maths??

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god :O thats amazing haha did they all go off to do maths??
    Maths at imperial and cambridge and warwick,engineering at cambridge and a couple other engineers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the c4 2014 cone question (7b) what's the key to working this out? I'm trying to do it now and I don't know where to start haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lam12)
    For the c4 2014 cone question (7b) what's the key to working this out? I'm trying to do it now and I don't know where to start haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Divide it into a volume of revolution minus a cone, and then use parametric integration. It's a fairly faffy question, let me know if you need help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The cone question was brutal. I stopped working for about 2 minutes and was pondering life.

ReputationRep:
    Divide it into a volume of revolution minus a cone, and then use parametric integration. It's a fairly faffy question, let me know if you need help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ypu sitting c3/4 this year aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ypu sitting c3/4 this year aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, all the cores, S1, M1/2. Are you sitting FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all the cores, S1, M1/2. Are you sitting FM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Half yes. My school does AS FM AS maths in yr 12. So im doing C3-4 Fp2-3 M3-4 S2. 7 modules doing one extra just to secure the A* but it is good cause i only need 85 in two A2 further maths modules for an A* since i got 100 in M2.
    I would aim to smash M2 if I was you then you can chill in A2 with Maths and Further maths(what I am doing lol still gotta learn M4!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Half yes. My school does AS FM AS maths in yr 12. So im doing C3-4 Fp2-3 M3-4 S2. 7 modules doing one extra just to secure the A* but it is good cause i only need 85 in two A2 further maths modules for an A* since i got 100 in M2.
    I would aim to smash M2 if I was you then you can chill in A2 with Maths and Further maths(what I am doing lol still gotta learn M4!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we're talking about edexcel here, you do realise is doesn't matter what you got in your other units..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozo123)
    If we're talking about edexcel here, you do realise is doesn't matter what you got in your other units, you still need an average of 90 for an A* in C3 and C4 (+480 overall ums)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we're talking about edexcel here, you do realise is doesn't matter what you got in your other units..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why doesnt it? M2 is an A2 module and will go into A2 further maths. So it will count towards my A* since I got 100 in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am talking about the Further Maths A*. Not normal maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.