Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    What do you need explained?
    Can you book it without having to stay over in the college, and still be able to look round the college etc.

also if you can do this do you book the monday date in order to go to the talks on the tuesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sapphire321)
    What do you need explained?
    I'll be flying from Ireland but my dad is looking to come to have a look around too, would it be possible for him to come with me (I'm flying over and back on the Tuesday so I won't be staying at the college)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noumenon)
    I have an offer to study PPE, was allocated to Trevelyan college (applied to st.chads). Don't think I'll firm or insurance durham tbh.
    Do you mind if I ask why? I've been allocated to St. Aidan's for PPE. I'm still making up my mind about putting Durham as one of my choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meiramia)
    Do you mind if I ask why? I've been allocated to St. Aidan's for PPE. I'm still making up my mind about putting Durham as one of my choices.
    I actually live v v close to Durham and know it extremely well, so it's not exactly pushing my boundaries. Also as Durham is a*aa it would have to be a firm, but I have offers for aaa from unis I like more.
    However I would completely recommend Durham. It beautiful and chilled, and only a £4 train ride from Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noumenon)
    I actually live v v close to Durham and know it extremely well, so it's not exactly pushing my boundaries. Also as Durham is a*aa it would have to be a firm, but I have offers for aaa from unis I like more.
    However I would completely recommend Durham. It beautiful and chilled, and only a £4 train ride from Newcastle.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meiramia)
    Thank you!
    You're welcome 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12ayresy)
    Just looked and I've been allocated my preference, Hatfield Posted from TSR Mobile
    All about the Hatfield! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnLFC)
    Politics, I think there are quite a few flatscreens in Hatfield as well, would be great to have Champions league next season! Hope we find many Liverpool supporters!
    I'm from N.Ireland, but as we sing...

'Scousers here,
    Scousers there,
    Scousers.......'

ReputationRep:
    Van Mildert for Law.

Will firm Durham if I don't get an offer from King's.

ReputationRep:
    Only gone and got allocated to Castle, really chuffed with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaBanana<3)
    Allocated to St Cuthbert's XD....anyone else?
    Me too!!

ReputationRep:
    St Johns (first choice!)

ReputationRep:
    Got reallocated from Collingwood to Grey. I'm devastated because I really wanted Collingwood and Grey doesn't look great. Does anyone know how colleges decide who they want and who to reallocate? Or is it random?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UT97)
    Got reallocated from Collingwood to Grey. I'm devastated because I really wanted Collingwood and Grey doesn't look great. Does anyone know how colleges decide who they want and who to reallocate? Or is it random?
    They have a set number of places for students they they can take doing a certain course. If they are oversubscribed they choose randomly, but I don't know how they then choose which college to put you in, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winter97)
    Me too!!
    Cuth's here,too What are you gonna study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trubadur)
    Cuth's here,too What are you gonna study?
    Geology, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winter97)
    Geology, you?
    Wow,niceMChemistry(Industrial)

ReputationRep:
    Wow,niceMChemistry(Industrial)
    Are you going to the open day? I'm so excited, now we have been allocated our colleges!! Was St Cuthbert's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I will not go to the open day.I am from Bucharest Romania and the effort would be too big.
    Yes, it was my choice, and I'm very happy I was allocated at Cuth's:five:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I will not go to the open day.I am from Bucharest Romania and the effort would be too big.
    Yes, it was my choice, and I'm very happy I was allocated at Cuth's:five:
    Yes maybe the distance is just a little too far to travel

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.