The Student Room Group

Your 6 most disliked UK politicians active today

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aero Zeppelin
Not in my eyes. I'm pro-EU :smile:

what a joke

let me ask you, WHY?
(edited 9 years ago)

the biggest problem with the eu is the open door immigration. mark my words, the whole thing will collapse until/unless the eu do something about it
Reply 182
I add Malcolm Birks to my list. Our constituency is Conservative and is a Tory stronghold, somehow he thinks posting two flyers a day through our doors he will persuade us and be the 'first Labour MP in Skipton and Ripon' as he put it.. I burn his flyers, just saying😏

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CrapDunGoofed
why reckless?

I'd also list Reckless and it's because he's a traitor. Carswell at least took a risk based on his principles, Reckless simply jumped on the bandwagon. That to me means that while Carswell is a turncoat, Reckless is a opportunistic coward and a traitor.
Reply 184

the biggest problem with the eu is the open door immigration. mark my words, the whole thing will collapse until/unless the eu do something about it

Nope, that argument has been used since its creation. It is still here, the will behind it is too strong. The problem is evident: The euro, most of the main 'eurosceptic' parties (who still make up a tiny percentage overall ) want to stay in the EU, just revert back to their original currencies.

The only reason why Immigration is such an issue is because Blair wanted an influx of migrants to pay for his spending programs, not the EU.

We don't need political union, we need closer fiscal union!
Original post by Davij038
Nope, that argument has been used since its creation. It is still here, the will behind it is too strong. The problem is evident: The euro, most of the main 'eurosceptic' parties (who still make up a tiny percentage overall ) want to stay in the EU, just revert back to their original currencies.

The only reason why Immigration is such an issue is because Blair wanted an influx of migrants to pay for his spending programs, not the EU.

We don't need political union, we need closer fiscal union!
I hope you're trolling right now.
Reply 186
I hope you're trolling right now.

Not everything that doesn't fit within your narrow view on things is trolling mate.

Thats why people like ken Clarke (Y'know that left wing idiot whose policies wiped out the deficit) support closer fiscal union as a massive benfit for this country.
Not everything that doesn't fit within your narrow view on things is trolling mate.

Thats why people like ken Clarke (Y'know that left wing idiot whose policies wiped out the deficit) support closer fiscal union as a massive benfit for this country.

benfit
1- Iain Duncan Smith- horrible man- laughing in the bedroom tax opposition day debate for example. Utterly shocking- he cares nothing for the country.
2- David Cameron. A liar, using the death of his own child to win the sympathy of the country. I'm still waiting to see "the greenest government yet."
3- John Glen. My local MP, a completely backwards man- against women bishops, gay marriage, wants to repeal the hunting ban etc. Another liar.
4- George Osborne. A slimy stuck-up man who again cares nothing for the lives of normal people. He always seems so pleased with himself. He has no reason to be.
5- Jacob Rees Mogg. His filibustering is completely counter-active for a working democracy, and the things he has both filibustered over and voted for- are quite frankly ridiculous.
6- Nigel Farage. I dread to think what this man may do in the future for our country- I just hope the public can begin to see love, and not the hatred UKIP spouts out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's great to see just how biased and short sighted so many people are through this exercise :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rakas21
That to me means that while Carswell is a turncoat, Reckless is a opportunistic coward and a traitor.

I find this sort of argument about "traitors" pretty stupid. If an MP disagrees with their own party enough to defect to a different one then there is nothing wrong with that. What else would you suggest an MP doing if they start to disagree with their own party to the extent that they consider defecting?
ed balls - although i wrote about him in the "most liked politicians" . i also despise him.

mentally incapable of answering a question,
incapable of communicating in English,
dismisses everything they say,
treats voters with contempt.
physically and mentally incapable of listening to people.
I've never seen anything like it, the arrogance and ignorance is unbelievable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by democracyforum
ed balls - although i wrote about him in the "most liked politicians" . i also despise him. mentally incapable of answering a question,
incapable of communicating in English,
fobs everyone one off and dismisses everything they say,
treats voters with contempt.
physically and mentally incapable of listening to people.
I've never seen anything like it, the arrogance and ignorance is unbelievable.

And seems to like waving his arms around, pulling faces, and trying to talk across the house, at least during PMQs
HRH Prince Andrew, The Duke of York

HRH Princess Margaret, The Princess Royal

HRH Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales

HRH Princess Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall

Kate Hopkins

The Rt Hon Theresa May, MP
Original post by clh_hilary

Kate Hopkins

Despite five of them aren't politicians :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clh_hilary

Kate Hopkins

Ummm, Anne is Princess Royal, not Margaret

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just thought we'd have a nice thread talking about which politicians UK we dislike the most. They must either be an MP or in the House of Lords, or an MEP.

1: Home Secretary Theresa May: utterly incompetent and slightly nasty. From the sound of it , she's matched in this by Philip Hammond

2: Harriet Harman: seems to the root of the divisive, petty point scoring that is so predominant leader. She seems to have passed this on to many MPs noticeably Douglas Alexander, somebody with barely a splinter of spine IMO

3: my local mp Rehman Chishti: a labour mp who defected to the Tories in 2010. Out of "deep moral convictions". More interested in photoshoots and sucking up to Cameron than getting anything done.

4: mp mark reckless: a thoroughly dishonest and unpleasant man, even before ukip. Even many ukip voters in the area can't stand him.

5: David Cameron: for being a spineless muppet and taking the Conservatoves out of the EPP.

6: that lib dem MP that's acting like Galloway and doing the je suis Palestine crap. The only lib dem that really deserves to lose their seat IMO.

Disclaimer; Nigel farage, George Galloway... I find them too entertaining to actually dislike personally, although I hope both remain as question time personalities and have no influence outside of that.

George Galloway
Ed Balls
Tony Blair
Dennis Skinner
Dianne Abbott
And, the one and only... Harriet Harperson

I could go on listing the majority of Labour MPs, although I have a lot of respect for David Miliband and Tessa Jowell.
1. Grant Shapps
2. Grant Shapps
3. Grant Shapps
4. Grant Shapps
5. Grant Shapps
6. Grant Shapps
Alex Salmond- Still thinks he's the SNP leader and running around acting like he owns the country

Alex Cunningham- My local mp, sent a disgusting letter to the local UKIP candidate accusing her of anit-semitism even though she's Jewish herself.

Michael Gove- Do I even need to explain?

Harriet Harman- Sends out a pink bus thinking that it will persuade women to vote labour.

Diane Abbot- Claims that West Indian mothers love their children more, claiming white people love playing divide and rule, saying blonde haired blue eyed Finnish girls shouldn't be nurses as they've never seen a black person before etc. If that had been a white person saying that they woudn't be in politics anymore.

George Galloway- Refusing to debate with an Israeli student, declaring Bradford as an Israel-free zone.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Ummm, Anne is Princess Royal, not Margaret

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending