Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

list of things that you think should be made illegal without any exceptions Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    • Denying fathers access to kids except in cases of documented abuse
    • Less environmentally sustainable products/practises
    • Face masks like the niqab
    • Pay day loans companies
    • Street fundraisers
    • Betting shops
    • Cold calling
    • Prostitution
    • Adultery

..yeah, in the 70's :laugh:

What about meat eating? :beard:

You're going to love me!.. :evilbanana:

Spoiler:
    Show

i guess meat eating is a bit different, because its part of the food chain, we eat animals to survive, just as other animals eat other animals, but i don't agree with killing animals for their skin/fur because its not like the time before where we would wear animals to keep warm, now we have so many more materials to substitute for animal fur. There is even faux fur and faux leather so why is there still a desire to kill these innocent beings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_aziz)
    i guess meat eating is a bit different, because its part of the food chain, we eat animals to survive, just as other animals eat other animals, but i don't agree with killing animals for their skin/fur because its not like the time before where we would wear animals to keep warm, now we have so many more materials to substitute for animal fur. There is even faux fur and faux leather so why is there still a desire to kill these innocent beings?
    wouldn't you agree?

ReputationRep:
    Public smoking, I hate being stood around people and having their disgusting smoke blown in my face :mad: I'm always complaining at my Parents but they just say "Good, it means you'll never smoke like us"

Oh, also animal testing for cosmetics and real fur (or skin) of animals being used in items such as clothing or shoes. I will never support that industry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_aziz)
    its part of the food chain, we eat animals to survive
    Most of the animals we eat are not in our natural 'food chain', and they can pretty much all be substituted with non-meat e.g. protein based nutritional sources :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Mass breeding and slaughtering of animals for food.

ReputationRep:
    Food for thought
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    People should also not be allowed to have more then one pet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livvyxo)
    Food for thought

Might take a century or two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Mason)
    People should also not be allowed to have more then one pet.
    Some animals are companionable and require company.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Such animals should not be kept in a domestic environment

ReputationRep:
    The school run!

Incompetent drivers driving sodding great Chelsea tractors 800 yards twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    Says who, and for what reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    Says who, and for what reason?
    I'd rather see large, energtic dog breeds in a rural environment and not in an urban one.
    Just saying that in the right environment, such animals can survive without human interference.
    Reptiles,birds and most rodents should not be kept as pets.

ReputationRep:
    I only read the first page, so someone else might have said it, but...

SPOILERS!

I got damn hate it when people give spoilers without warning. Such as if I re-watched a scene of Game of Thrones on YouTube, and went to check the comments, I want comments about the scene, not future events.

People should have the decency to put "***SPOILER ALERT***" so people have a chance to avoid it. (You can probably guess what happened to me.)

Spoiler:
    Show
    People who do it deliberately should be brutally jabbed in the throat, and have their finger amputated without remorse.

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather see large, energtic dog breeds in a rural environment and not in an urban one.
    Just saying that in the right environment, such animals can survive without human interference.
    Reptiles,birds and most rodents should not be kept as pets.
    You haven't really given any reasons as to why those animals should not be kept as pets.

Are you suggesting releasing them into the wild? It sounds a bit like it, but I can't really tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    You haven't really given any reasons as to why those animals should not be kept as pets.

Are you suggesting releasing them into the wild? It sounds a bit like it, but I can't really tell.

Birds,reptiles,insects,large dogs,exotic cats,pigs and rodents are not to be kept in an enclosed urban unnatural environment.
    What do get from keeping such animals in a controlled enviroment?
    No we cannot release them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahtmir)
    Gays adopting children :-)
    I hope you're not being serious.

ReputationRep:
    Rabbits are very social creatures and thrive in the correct domestic environment!

I do agree there should be tighter regulations on having pets though. People do get animals and then want to sell them after a few months.
    My dog is a german shepherd, he was originally bought for £400 as a puppy. We got him for £50 at the age of 9 months because his owners couldn't get rid of him fast enough, and he wouldn't sell because he wasn't 'cute' anymore.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.