Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Liverpool v Chelsea Capital One Cup Semi-Final 1st leg watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The most impressive thing was Sterling's resurgence. He's set to sign a new deal imminently, according to various reports. Just need him to maintain that intensity on a more consistent basis, but he's still only 20 of course.

He's already played 36 games this season, would you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He's already played 36 games this season, would you believe.
    jesus christ, didn't believe that until i checked myself!

we do have a real gem at our club - getting him to sign a new contract is absolutely essential.
    i'm not sure how many more years we can keep him before a big club come knocking, but the longer we have him the better.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    jesus christ, didn't believe that until i checked myself!

we do have a real gem at our club - getting him to sign a new contract is absolutely essential.
    i'm not sure how many more years we can keep him before a big club come knocking, but the longer we have him the better.
    Rodgers says the talks are ongoing, so hopefully it should be wrapped up soon. As I've previously stated, I expect him to jump ship at some stage. He has no ties to Liverpool, and he's not a Liverpool kid. I just hope we keep the British giants at bay. Wouldn't begrudge him a move to Spain if he proves he's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    The most worrying thing for you must be your defensive vulnerabilities. Going forward isn't an issue in the slightest, but Ivanovic/Cahill and Terry look a pale imitation of last season's players.
    It's mainly Cahill tbf

I'm not super bothered about the game because the final gets in the way of league football. If City were going to be in the final, I would be more pumped up as they are our title rivals, so we won't have that whole game in hand shenanigans as much.

We're more forthcoming at home and I don't see us playing on the break, because Liverpool know that they don't need to score in regulated time. Our performance in the first leg can't get worse because that is definitely our worst performance since Mourinho has come back.

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers says the talks are ongoing, so hopefully it should be wrapped up soon. As I've previously stated, I expect him to jump ship at some stage. He has no ties to Liverpool, and he's not a Liverpool kid. I just hope we keep the British giants at bay. Wouldn't begrudge him a move to Spain if he proves he's worth it.
    i think we'll get a few more years with him, provided we stay in some form of europe.
    by that time, hopefully he'd fetch a tidy transfer fee, hopefully north of 30m.

i'm not sure we'd sell gto an english club though - if chelsea/city went in for him, a spanish giant would probably make us an offer so they don't lose out.
    he'll already be on their radar anyway.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    England's back four is atrocious right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    I'm not super bothered about the game because the final gets in the way of league football. If City were going to be in the final, I would be more pumped up as they are our title rivals, so we won't have that whole game in hand shenanigans as much.

We're more forthcoming at home and I don't see us playing on the break, because Liverpool know that they don't need to score in regulated time. Our performance in the first leg can't get worse because that is definitely our worst performance since Mourinho has come back.
    think about just how easy it would be for you to win a trophy this season though.
    i know the league cup isn't major, but it's still silverware nonetheless.

all you have to do is win at home and brush aside spurs or sheffield in the final.
    people may argue spurs beat you, but the players know mourinho wouldn't tolerate another loss to them this season.

as for the second leg, we will be going from the kick off because we have to score.
    probably the worst thing you can do is sit back because it could just turn in to a repeat of the first leg.
    with your player superiority, if you matched us and went attacking too, you'd easily win.
    depends if jose has the balls or not.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    England's back four is atrocious right now.
    Just going back to this...

Our back four was terrible at the World Cup - and now it's even worse, arguably, because the players are so woefully out of form.

Baines looks poor, Cahill/Jagielka are enduring nightmare seasons, and the less said about Glen Johnson the better.

I'd be tempted to go with a back four of Clyne, Chambers, Reid, Shaw for England's next qualifiers. We're pretty much certain to get to the Euros anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.