Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm Muslim but I've realised I'm definitely bisexual... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lifeislong)
    Bro don't listen to some of the idiots on here, that guilty feeling you had was good, shows you have iman still inside, you may say your not practicing andthe idiots may say religion was inherited but that guilty feeling is proof your heart was rejecting what you done, and when you say you have these feeling for men or it turns you on for what you done, bro believe me that is the shaitan telling you to disobey... Please don't think of me as a religious nutcase, but bro I'm trying to help and give advice and one other thing, I'm not saying pray everyday or go mosque, but do a good deed that makes you feel happy, donate regularly to a charity or you can pray once in a while every Friday, and lastly brother have the belief within you that you will enter heaven, there are others who had done much worse and commited such sins that will scare a man, yet they were entered heaven, the doors of heaven are always open so do not think you have turned your back on religion. Islam will always be here for you, just like all the brother, peace.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspiracious)
    You are disgusting and vile for supporting his condemnation of good atheists to hell and extolation of believers who "commited such sins that will scare a man" to heaven.
    Say whattt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Yep, listen to this guy if you want to live a miserable life in a marriage to a woman who will probably be miserable as well, and to lose out on some fantastic experiences to then die with no afterlife and having spent your life not doing what you want because you listened to people who get their advice from a book from around 600 AD.

He said he's attracted to women more than he's attracted to men. Therefore, unless you're suggesting being monogamous is miserable, I fail to see how he or his wife will live miserable lives.

As for your point regarding no afterlife, we can discuss it elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alcibiade)
    If you are concerned with the religious aspect, I would recommend finding a liberal Muslim group. As I understand it, homosexuality was long accepted in Islam and is not referenced in the Koran. This means the question falls in the province of Sharia law, which is an interpretation by a scholar, not in any way the word of God. This might allow you to avoid a spiritual crisis.
    Homosexuality was never accepted in Islam so please do not give wrong information and further misguide him. If it was then why would the people of Lut who commited homosexuality be described as cursed (look it up)

As for the person who posted this my advice to you (as a muslim sister) would be to repent and avoid going anywhere that might put you in a situation where you might do this again or might lead to temptation

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, he's more than capable of falling in love with, and marrying, a woman. He's bisexual, not gay.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    if i am honest the praying helps for a short time -- say a week -- and then the feelings come back stronger than ever and i want to do it badly and relapse again...

to those who asked for roughly every 3 girls i have sex with i have sex with one guy ...well i have never had sex with a guy/s only oral sex....and kinky stuff...

damn it makes me miserable! feel free to PM me if you have kindly advice but don't just PM to tell me 'bro it is haram!' i know that!

You're anon so we can't PM you, but feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    I find it quite sad how Islam tries to scare people into following a certain agenda. Don't do this or you go to hell. Don't do that or you go to hell. Disobey Allah and you go to hell. It's all such BS. God's made it very easy for us to go hell. In fact, by the sounds of things, he wants everyone to go to hell!

Any God who'll send you to hell because for being gay or bi is a ****ing stupid one...

Sexual orientation is not something you choose so there is no point feeling guilty about somwhing you have no control over. I am also bisexual and have known since primary school. I was also religious and kept praying that god would cleanse me and make me straight but it never happened. I'm coming to accept myself and I know I can't change it. If god is real and he/she made you that way then why would they punish you for*making you a certain way and giving you no control over it. You are who you are, it can't be changed, explore and celebrate your sexuality.
    If it really does bother you then try sticking to the opposite sex but do what you are comfortable doing and don't let guilt drive your decisions or it will lead to depression as I had experienced. Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTechN1304)
    I find it quite sad how Islam tries to scare people into following a certain agenda. Don't do this or you go to hell. Don't do that or you go to hell. Disobey Allah and you go to hell. It's all such BS. God's made it very easy for us to go hell. In fact, by the sounds of things, he wants everyone to go to hell!

Any God who'll send you to hell because for being gay or bi is a ****ing stupid one...
    Even for thought crimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspiracious)
    Even for thought crimes.
    Proof?

ReputationRep:
    I am addressing your last two sentences - which sum up your feelings.

1. You are feeling guilty - this is understandable as we all have shown by our family and society what is a model life looks like. Anybody does not fit within the societal model are called divergent. In another time and another society, perhaps bi would have been the mainstream sex. Human being living here approx. 150,000 years. As you can imagine society has changed over the years and changing. If you think about this, you should not feel guilty because you are made to feel guilty by the society and family where you are located in particular point in time of human history.

2. If you really wish to change society or the society works for you, you should be talking about it freely. If we hear more of this - society itself would be able to mould and perhaps family would able to educate themselves. Nevertheless, you only talk when you are ready.

3. Question of hell: two things have to be proved: There is a hell - this is perhaps only comes from few religion. There are thousands of religion which does not talk about hell at all - such as budhism and shintoism etc. Second, let's assume there is a hell - what are the criteria of judgement. It is not what is written in religious books but it is how people have interpreted them. Do not take anybody's interpretations of measurement/judgement. You can only do whatever you feel best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sexual orientation is not something you choose so there is no point feeling guilty about somwhing you have no control over. I am also bisexual and have known since primary school. I was also religious and kept praying that god would cleanse me and make me straight but it never happened. I'm coming to accept myself and I know I can't change it. If god is real and he/she made you that way then why would they punish you for*making you a certain way and giving you no control over it. You are who you are, it can't be changed, explore and celebrate your sexuality.
    If it really does bother you then try sticking to the opposite sex but do what you are comfortable doing and don't let guilt drive your decisions or it will lead to depression as I had experienced. Hope that helps.
    Hi umm just wanted to say...

People can't really say that god made us in this way and that's we are who we are

Think about it like this...

If someone, god forbid, murdered somebody very close to you say your mum (truly not directed towards anyone pls don't be offended) and you were made the judge to decide the punishment for the murderer and you asked them why did you do it? And they replied "because god made me this way and so I had no control over it" would that response suffice?? Would you say oh yh that's perfectly understandable. Like really??

ReputationRep:
    Embrace the freedom of the Western world I say.

ReputationRep:
    I just looked out of the window, the world hasn't ended so i guess you safe to continue getting off with other guys..... On a more serious note your a human being first and foremost. Your a bisexual guy who happens to be Muslim, if you religion doesn't allow you to be who you are I'd say drop it. It doesn't sound as though you're that serious about the religious stuff anyway, it sounds more like an aspect of your life that you've simply picked up from your parents, not something you elected to be part of.

ReputationRep:
    I assume conservative Muslims will become more liberal towards such things as generations go by, we can hope. I may be talking out of my arse though, but let's hope..

As a Muslim, I think you should just accept the fact and move on. There's nothing you can do about it. You should definitely look into Islam more since you're clearly following the religion because you were born into it.
    I don't really know much about homosexuality in Islam but I'm certain homosexual sex is forbidden.
    You should just look into the topic yourself instead of listening to what other people tell you because everybody has different opinions on the matter. There's a lot in the Quran but people interpret it differently. Hope this helps a little.

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about going to hell and about the religious aspects of it, maybe do some research on hell and question your religion. If you've been a Muslim your whole life, you have probably been taught that it is bad to question your faith, but if you do, you could either become a stronger Muslim and that will override your bisexual feelings because you are so dedicated, or you might stop believing in hell, in which case you won't worry about it any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled.)
    He said he's attracted to women more than he's attracted to men. Therefore, unless you're suggesting being monogamous is miserable, I fail to see how he or his wife will live miserable lives.
    You're telling him to marry immediately to stave off his desires for guys. Do you think a hastily arranged marriage where you are unable to explore your natural desires and always have a "what if" will lead to a happy marriage?

As for your point regarding no afterlife, we can discuss it elsewhere.
    It is relevant because if an afterlife does not exist then, by listening to you, he would have lost out on some enjoyable experiences/relationships with guys all because a book from 600 AD says that doing so will lead to you being burnt in a magical underworld after death.

It's like me abstaining from sex and relationships my whole life because a hypothetical religion told me to. If I got to my death bed and science suddenly discovered that there was no afterlife, I would think: "****, i've wasted my life and lost out on so many experiences and relationships".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.c.a1)
    Homosexuality was never accepted in Islam so please do not give wrong information and further misguide him. If it was then why would the people of Lut who commited homosexuality be described as cursed (look it up)

As for the person who posted this my advice to you (as a muslim sister) would be to repent and avoid going anywhere that might put you in a situation where you might do this again or might lead to temptation
    Do you listen to Western music out of interest?

This is from your brother in Islam.

In our religion sexuality should be irrelevant in our lives until marriage. We are not allowed intimate relationships with anybody male or female till marriage.

You said you fear hell. My advice to you is practice your religion properly. Why would Allah punish you for feelings you have that do not manifest themselves into action? You do not have to consider yourself any sexuality.

If you are attracted to the opposite sex, marriage shouldn't be a problem for you in the future when you feel ready.

In order to start practicing the religion properly you should repent for your sins by stopping doing them, regretting them and intending not to do them in the future then say your shahada again.

Once you've done this you should begin praying your 5 daily prayers on time and seek religious knowledge as best you can. I'm sure parents can teach you how to pray. If you want Jannah then you must pray. Missing prayers is a major sin unlike the feelings you were worried about.

Try and develop your relationship with Allah ask him for help and guidance. Ask for Jannah. Trust in Him.

PS: Nouman Ali Khan's videos got me in to the religion properly when I became really interested in Islam. He understands the issues affecting Young Muslims in the west so you may find his Youtube videos interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymousADHD)
    Hi umm just wanted to say...

People can't really say that god made us in this way and that's we are who we are

Think about it like this...

If someone, god forbid, murdered somebody very close to you say your mum (truly not directed towards anyone pls don't be offended) and you were made the judge to decide the punishment for the murderer and you asked them why did you do it? And they replied "because god made me this way and so I had no control over it" would that response suffice?? Would you say oh yh that's perfectly understandable. Like really??
    No. Because killing someone is directly affecting them. Being gay or bi doesn't hurt anyone. Killing someone is a choice. You don't have a choice in deciding who you are or your sexuality. If being gay were a sin then 'God' wouldn't have made people the way they are.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.