The Student Room Group

females, Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HucktheForde
Dont you like the warmth of a man? A man that will please and pleasure you the way you desire?

Posted from TSR Mobile

he doesnt like me back?
Original post by OU Student
Eh? Not willing just to settle for anyone. I then discovered (and suspected all along) that he had a girlfriend.

Same.

The good ones get snapped up quickly.
Original post by COD_is_a_fish
Same.

The good ones get snapped up quickly.

This is actually not true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chlobofro
Because every man I've been with in the past 12 months has been either a cheater, a committment phobe, or emotionally unavailable. Or a combination of the above. That is why I am single.

This sounds exactly like what I've experienced in the past year hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
They may say that but then in 99 cases out of 100 if someone half way decent comes along, at the right time, they will give him a chance, even if they've yet to be convinced he's 'the one' (same goes for guys). Life's too short :h:

I'm talking about the ones who mean it, though.
Original post by HucktheForde
This is actually not true

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's your view?
MGTOW...
Original post by Foo.mp3
They may say that but then in 99 cases out of 100 if someone half way decent comes along, at the right time, they will give him a chance, even if they've yet to be convinced he's 'the one' (same goes for guys). Life's too short :h:

I agree with this. Most women (and some men) settle and give the relationship time to develop. I am not that attracted to people that ask me out but I doubt most people are but we tend to give it time to see if our feelings change.

Maybe that's just me...
Original post by Chonglok
My mum was very similar but limited it to age 18 (I turned 18 a week ago). Relationships sometimes doesn't always revolve around sex, my friends was in a 2.5 year relationship and it never got to that stage, I think it'll be the same for me (though I have never been in a relationship) due to me being an INFP on the myers briggs personality I seriously would want a girlfriend just so that I can love her and to make her happy, and wouldn't consider anything until after marriage

My parents say that once i move out, then i can do anything i want, but it all seems so far away.. I turned 15 a bit over a month ago..alot of my friends are going out already, and i have never been in a relationship..i mean it would be nice to have a person who i like to go out with every now and then... :/
I'm single because the guy I'm in love with and in some weird sort of messed up relationship with won't commit. So I'm not anyone's 'girlfriend' but nor am I 'single' enough to pursue romance with anyone else.
Original post by Anonymous
My parents say that once i move out, then i can do anything i want, but it all seems so far away.. I turned 15 a bit over a month ago..alot of my friends are going out already, and i have never been in a relationship..i mean it would be nice to have a person who i like to go out with every now and then... :/

Yeah, a really good relationship sounds really nice, and I assume you'll move out when you go to university (unless you go to a local university I'm sort of glad I missed the teen relationships that last for like 1 month, I would much prefer a serious relationship rather than something short. nevertheless, 3 years actually passes by quite quickly (it did for me, from 15 to 18, especially the last year, passed by ridiculously quickly).
Original post by Anonymous
Because I love someone who will never love me. He's too old for me, and going to marry another woman. I'm delighted for him, and hope she makes him the happiest man in the world. However, I think it will be a long time/ never before I can even consider someone who isn't him in that way, never mind feel for them with the potency I feel for him.

Wow. That's really sad :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't met anyone that i really like that also really likes me back. Its usually one or other, i like them and they dont like me or they like me and i dont like them
Original post by Foo.mp3

I'm not willing to settle for just anyone; but won't be waiting for the one to come along.

The last person I gave a chance, happened to be controlling and clingy. Frm the start, I could not see a future with him. (age gap, no similar interests, etc) It was alos clear how desparate he was.
Original post by georgia.17
This sounds exactly like what I've experienced in the past year hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hear that, sister. Learning to love myself is far more satisfying than trying to please men who are an absolute waste of time and energy. It was mentally and physically exhausting.
1. Cbf looking for someone.
2. Haven't met anyone I liked to the point that I wanted to date him.
3. People who like me and people I like are usually 2 different groups of people. Sometimes people I like like me back though, but then they turn out to be creepy/clingy/taken etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Men for marriage are something of the past and should be sought in vintage shops. Men nowadays are too wise to commit themselves as they all know the end of this beautiful romantic love is a sad strife and big disappointment.
'females' made sure this would be written by a nice-guy neckbeard...
Why bring up a thread from three years ago?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending