Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys I don't get research into attachment has done for daycare questions, care to enlighten me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?
    The paper isnt accessiable to students until after this years exams have gone Only teachers. Try and speak to last years students about the questions..

ReputationRep:
    I've got the May 2014 paper for PSYA1 and PSYA2 but they're both hard copies

Does anyone have last years Unit 1 Paper, or the questions that came up?
    I have a paper copy

ReputationRep:
    so.. er hows everyone...
    attachment and stress seems to be the chapters that are getting to me.
    Attachment -a strong reciprocal bond between a infant and its primary caregiver.
    still learning the attachments stuff..

exam dates : 11th may - PSYA1
    18TH MAY - PSYA2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KylieemilyJ)
    The paper isnt accessiable to students until after this years exams have gone Only teachers. Try and speak to last years students about the questions..

Thank you but after digging through the internet I managed to find it! Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    psychology, by a long shot the hardest a level I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you but after digging through the internet I managed to find it! Thanks anyway
    Can you please share the link 😊

ReputationRep:
    Help a sista out please!

ReputationRep:
    Tip: don't use the CGP revision guide thing. I did last year and got a highish B but it just lacks too much detail. Good luck guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNoobishKnight)
    Tip: don't use the CGP revision guide thing. I did last year and got a highish B but it just lacks too much detail. Good luck guys.
    Is revising from the mini companion a reliable source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly2947)
    Is revising from the mini companion a reliable source?
    I don't know, I never used it. As long as you have quite a few studies and detail, you should be fine. I used for too few studies and had low detail.

ReputationRep:
    These are the June 2014 links for anyone that wants them:

Paper: http://psychology.beauchamp.org.uk/w...1-QP-Jun14.pdf
    Mark Scheme: http://psychology.beauchamp.org.uk/w...W-MS-Jun14.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Guys how would you format a 12 mark essay on how research into attachment has influenced childcare practices? What would you put as AO2 points? Just the studies that support the changes? I.e. That substitute emotional care whilst in institutional care must be provided, this was due to Roberson and Robertsons finding..... I'm finding it hard to structure an essay for this question

ReputationRep:
    And how can counterbalancing be used to deal with order effects????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly2947)
    And how can counterbalancing be used to deal with order effects????
    You can split participants into two groups (Group 1 and 2) to alternate the order participants perform in different conditions of the experiment.

Group 1 will do conditions A and then B.
    Group 2 will do conditions B and then A.
    (ABBA).

This balances order effects because they equally occur in the groups

ReputationRep:
    with one week of hardcore revision can I revise PSYA1 almost from scratch://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenSI)
    with one week of hardcore revision can I revise PSYA1 almost from scratch://
    A week should be fine as long as you grasped everything when you learnt it in the first place. I revised from scratch after a few months of not opening my unit one folder and did it all in a day. I had a mock the day after (ended up panicking) but I didnt sleep and managed to get an A!
    Just plan hourly what you're going to cover, dont forget about other subjects as well!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluorescentM)
    A week should be fine as long as you grasped everything when you learnt it in the first place. I revised from scratch after a few months of not opening my unit one folder and did it all in a day. I had a mock the day after (ended up panicking) but I didnt sleep and managed to get an A!
    Just plan hourly what you're going to cover, dont forget about other subjects as well!
    Good luck!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of a list of possible exam questions for this exam?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.