Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got a boyfriend and I'm having a sleepover (with my guy friend) watch

ReputationRep:
    Some people trying to give off the I don't care attitude what they do just make me laugh. It's not about jealousy it's about respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mommie Dearest)
    I can only surmise that the outrage at the OP is coming from people who have neither had a gf let alone had sexual intercourse and clingy/desperate people and religious nuts.
    Many who have posted have used their own experience of relationships, which sound perfectly healthy despite your self-gratifying assumptions which have discredited your post. If someone disagrees with you, it's not a cue to insult them - keep that for the playground. As many others have said, there are certain levels of intimacy you don't share with a friend of the opposite sex and a planned sleepover is one of them if you have any respect at all for your partner - and it's most likely indicative of deeper problems. There's just no need as adults, regardless of drunken mistakes or actual affairs. No mature adults in normal relationships arrange sleepovers with friends of the opposite sex, it's very odd behaviour. And it looks like everyone was correct, the OP is clearly naive but she's only 19 so I'm not necessarily blaming her:

(Original post by icup12)
    More information -

i've known him for a year ever since he added me on facebook

this woukd be first time meeting him and he suggested to stay round since i live 2 hours away.

i only see him as a friend i wouldnt consider him a bf type and i told him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    Many who have posted have used their own experience of relationships, which sound perfectly healthy despite your self-gratifying assumptions which have discredited your post. If someone disagrees with you, it's not a cue to insult them - keep that for the playground. As many others have said, there are certain levels of intimacy you don't share with a friend of the opposite sex and a planned sleepover is one of them if you have any respect at all for your partner - and it's most likely indicative of deeper problems. There's just no need as adults, regardless of drunken mistakes or actual affairs. No mature adults in normal relationships arrange sleepovers with friends of the opposite sex, it's very odd behaviour. And it looks like everyone was correct, the OP is clearly naive but she's only 19 so I'm not necessarily blaming her:
    Lol you are not fooling anyone I can smell your virginity through my mac speakers.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you are not fooling anyone I can smell your virginity through my mac speakers.
    I'm older and sexier than you, Mommie Dearest, you're not kidding anyone, even with that Mac.

ReputationRep:
    I'm older and sexier than you, Mommie Dearest, you're not kidding anyone, even with that Mac.

Lol CRINGE is this real life?

You are old. But that's where your perceived advantages over me end. You are an old, dried up thing with a shrivelled penis that burrowed back into your urethra under the thick and oily layers of flab that makes up your mid section.

ReputationRep:

You are old. But that's where your perceived advantages over me end. You are an old, dried up thing with a shrivelled penis that burrowed back into your urethra under the thick and oily layers of flab that makes up your mid section.
    When you reach my level of self-confidence, self-belief and sexiness, very few things are cringe-worthy.

ReputationRep:

What's with the hostility? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_tinie_D)

I typed that out in jest I'm sure no offence was inferred by the poster.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this?
    What are your thoughts and opinions on this?
    Is it okay?
    What about if it's vice versa?

I'm 19 and he's 20 and I told him I'm having a sleepover with a guy and he was pissed. He's just a friend - nothing more. What can I do?
    For you to say that For you to say that, it will be very hard to trust and believe that things will not go wrong that night and after...

ReputationRep:
    Real males are proud animals - in another lifetime we were hunters of dangerous game and guardians of our community. We thrive on leadership and taking care of close ones. We hold respect and courage above all other virtues. We will die ourselves lest our women and children be harmed.

Well maybe it's time that you "real males" evolved. You do not have possession over a woman, and she is perfectly within her right to spend the night with whoever she wants.

If you are that incapable of trusting your girlfriend then she needs to find a better boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Err, why would you have a sleepover? With any friend? Are you 10 years old?

As other posters said, I feel sorry for both guys. The friend guy obviously thinks he's in with a chance, and the boyfriend has a girlfriend who clearly loves having two guys chasing her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_tinie_D)
    Judging by her join date, it's either a troll on another account or just a very confused girl reflecting her insecurities on others as a defence mechanism. It's very common behaviour, though her posts are more what I would suspect from a male rather than female user (the focus on sexual insults, most obviously), which leads me to believe that it is indeed a troll account from a male user.

ReputationRep:
    No go area lads dont bother its a friend zone!!!

ReputationRep:
    if my bf sleep over with his girl mate, i wouldn't mind
    as long they don't do anything. i'll be fine with it. you can't stop someone from seeing a friend or an acquaintance
    when i mean sleeping over, i mean stay for the night. of course have something planned before going to his house straight away...

ReputationRep:
    if my bf sleep over with his girl mate, i wouldn't mind
    as long they don't do anything. i'll be fine with it. you can't stop someone from seeing a friend or an acquaintance
    when i mean sleeping over, i mean stay for the night. of course have something planned before going to his house straight away...
    This is a fun thread assuming it isn't a troll. The situation is so ludicrous it might be, but I am prepared to give the benefit of the doubt.

You really owe it to us all to tell us the denouement. Will you do so?

My money is on the two following outcomes:

1. You decide to go ahead and when the guy sleeping over hits on you (which he will, duh!)

i If you don't fancy him it is very embarrassing indeed

ii If you do fancy him he becomes you new boyfriend

2. Whatever the outcome of the night you won't be with your current boyfriend much longer.

But please do tell in the fullness of time. I for one am agog...

ReputationRep:
    In a relationship **** and pussy can't be friends, I would dump you and knock your guy friend out. & all people that are chatting crap about guys not wanting sex, trust me that's what we all want. A good time with a single girl, its 100% wrong to have sleep overs with someone that already has someone, you sideman. Girl your a hoe

ReputationRep:
    This is wrong on so many levels. What kind of bf would let his girl have a sleepover with her guy mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Four Queue)
    I feel bad for both guys. Your boyfriend because you actually think this is a good idea, and the other guy for being so friend zoned that he's eligible to have a sleepover with a girl.
    What if the guy friend is gay?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how narrow-minded and possessive the responses in this thread are. There's nothing wrong with having a sleep over with a friend who happens to have male genitalia when you're in a relationship. I can only surmise that the outrage at the OP is coming from people who have neither had a gf let alone had sexual intercourse and clingy/desperate people and religious nuts.
    Just seen this post and it made me despair about sex crime.

Are you seriously advocating a female invite someone SHE HAS NEVER MET into her house for a "sleepover?"

Don't you understand the signal being sent to the man? "Yes means yes, and no means no." What does "come and sleep in my house (my bedroom? my bed?)" mean?

A lot of communication in the approaches to sex are non verbal, and the two sexes don't always get on the same page, sadly.

Inviting someone back like this is a VERY powerful signal to a straight man.

No wonder there are so many date rapes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have slept in the same bed as my best friends GF, probably 2 or 3 times. Honestly none of us were that bothered about it. All three of us are pretty close though so I'd suggest that was an exception.
    Anonymous

You are either Gay or totally impotent..you decide there is no way that a normal young guy could sleep with a female (I`m not even talking about a looker) without Instantly thinking about slipping it into her. My God your friends must think you are the ultimate jerk if you told em about this!!

How thick are some people!! The very fact the girl let you into her bed should have told you she was desperate for shagging herself!!

KRO

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.