Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Aww so cute to see this thread being made. All these cute little yr 9s picking there options. I remember when I picked mine... I changed it at least three times before I made a decision.
    (I'm in year 11, so ask away

I did maths, English, re, Spanish, geography and compsci)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Gabzinc)
    And in general, with GCSE questions, I tend to misinterpret the questions- so I give an answer that is totally unrelated to the question.

Thanks for reading, and tips will be appreciated
    Can't really help you with specific subjects, as I haven't done the ones you need help with.

With the exam questions, I'm guessing you have the knowledge to answer those questions? So it's just a matter of mastering technique? You could try underlining keywords and that can help you focus and pick out relevant knowledge.

You have the next two years to get it right and do a lot of practise too, after looking at mark schemes you'll notice that some questions have been asked previously, but in different ways.and you'll understand what the examiners awards marks for :yep:

Good luck in your GCSEs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

I am in year 12. If you need any help, just ask. I did Maths english add maths ict physics chemistry spanish economics and accounts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning Y10 in September and I'm not very strong at maths because I find it hard to pay attention to a subject that doesn't enthuse me.
    I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to concentrate in maths particularly.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by JordanH69)
    I'm beginning Y10 in September and I'm not very strong at maths because I find it hard to pay attention to a subject that doesn't enthuse me.
    I am wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to concentrate in maths particularly.
    This may sound harsh but you're gonna just have to suck it up or face the consequences if you want to do well :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a bit of a vicious circle here and you're stuck in it. It's often the vase that initial lack of enthusiasm leads to not bothering which leads to not being very strong which just furthers the lack of enthusiasm etc etc. I would strongly suggest you brush up on your knowledge using the two sites below. if there are certain areas of maths you hate, tackle them first. It may be a case that after starting a new topic in class, you go home and watch the corresponding videos below to consolidate your knowledge. I honestly think that the stronger you become at maths and the harder the problems you do, the more you will enjoy it. Good luck!!

www.m4ths.com
    www.examsolutions.net

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting Y10 in September but I guess I could still be considered a Y9 student? My classified subjects for my GCSEs are history, Spanish and psychology. I also completed a GCSE in June in classical civilisation with OCR.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Pandora___)
    I'm starting Y10 in September but I guess I could still be considered a Y9 student? My classified subjects for my GCSEs are history, Spanish and psychology. I also completed a GCSE in June in classical civilisation with OCR.
    Welcome! The year 10s-to-be in September are currently using this thread.

I like your username. It reminds me of someone I used to know on here. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Welcome! The year 10s-to-be in September are currently using this thread.

I like your username. It reminds me of someone I used to know on here. :moon:
    Thank you! I've always liked the name Pandora, specifically because of the Greek myth, Pandora's Box.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome :awesome:

Looking forward to Year 10?

Thank you! I've always liked the name Pandora, specifically because of the Greek myth, Pandora's Box.
    Do you happen to watch Atlantis by any chance? :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Welcome :awesome:

Looking forward to Year 10?

Do you happen to watch Atlantis by any chance? :gah:
    Thanks

I'm not quite sure actually. I suppose I'm looking forward to starting psychology, but I've heard Year 10 is very stressful!

No though I've heard it's great, so I am definitely planning on watching it soon.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Following on from what Gilo98 said, if after looking at sites and stuff hasn't helped you, then definitely ask your teacher about it to help you understand. :yep:

I think you might also find Bitesize and MathsWatch helpful. If your school doesn't have mathswatch already, I'd say suggest it to them or buy the CD. It's brilliant.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I am going to be year 10 come september too guys. Are you ready for year 10? I am, I know there is hard work waiting for me . Give me everything you got GCSE!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've heard Year 10 is very stressful!
    (Original post by MrMackyTv)
    I am going to be year 10 come september too guys. Are you ready for year 10? I am, I know there is hard work waiting for me . Give me everything you got GCSE!
    You guys will be fine! Just walk into September with an open mind. :yep:

(I'm in Y10... Well, Y10 going to Y11. You can ask us any questions you have about GCSEs and the year itself etc. )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread is so cute.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Thanks

I'm not quite sure actually. I suppose I'm looking forward to starting psychology, but I've heard Year 10 is very stressful!

No though I've heard it's great, so I am definitely planning on watching it soon.
    You'll be fine, honest! My biggest advice would be to make sure you've done your best in any controlled assessments/coursework you might have, if you're unsure about something, ask. You'll regret it later on otherwise, or feel relieved knowing you have x percent of the grade secured.

It's good, especially toward the end, imo. It's a shame they've ended it!

Would you like to make the new thread? It'd be good to have someone in the year make it I can help you with it, too.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Black Rose)
    Would you like to make the new thread? It'd be good to have someone in the year make it I can help you with it, too.
    Like right now?

EDIT: That was a silly question. Cool, I'm gonna make it right now
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Like right now?

EDIT: That was a silly question. Cool, I'm gonna make it right now
    Nah you don't make it right now. A mod will purple post the chat and close the thread
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Nah you don't make it right now. A mod will purple post the chat and close the thread
    Lol just made it.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Lol just made it.
    I've tagged a Mod to fix the situation
    + The threads start at Mark 1 every year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.