Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    To be fair Bellerin used to be a winger, Opsina excellent again still no goals conceded
    really early days, but wonder if a Bale conversion can be made
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    In 10 hours we could fly to Las Vegas ffs. That's such a long time.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Haha, I said yesterday we needed a 5-0 but wouldn't have been brave enough to predict it
    Kudos nevertheless :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Only watched the last 20 mins so far, but if this is how good Bellerin is, then I don't see Debuchy getting back into the team at this rate.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can't see Southampton/Swansea being as good to watch, especially with the latter missing Sigurdsson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    really early days, but wonder if a Bale conversion can be made
    Hmm, maybe, I like him in the Ashley Cole style role of a fullback who can join the attack (and that's saying something considering how much I normally hate our fullback joining the attack )

He's definitely changed my opinion, I thought he was dreadful tot begin with but I definitely judged him too early, he's been excellent defensively and offensively of late.

Shoutout to Coq though, dominated the midfield today again, absolutely excellent

ReputationRep:
    Lambert needs to get a grip. Despite our 10 hour drought I firmly believe that this side is capable of scoring goals, our lacklustre style of play just doesn't encourage it. There's no gameplan, at least not one that anybody seems able to work out, our own players included. He's clueless. Any half-decent manager could get a goal out of a group of players like Benteke, Gil, Sinclair, Gabby, Weimann, Delph etc. Lambert barely manages to muster an attempt on goal over 90 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Kudos nevertheless :cool:
    Our GD is 19 now, better than United and only 2 worse than Southampton, close to City too, if Soton lose by 2 we'll be up to 4th on goals scored
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Our GD is 19 now, better than United and only 2 worse than Southampton, close to City too, if Soton lose by 2 we'll be up to 4th on goals scored
    Omfg that's so true. Come on Swansea! Ain't gonna happen though :dry:
    And wow just saw Villa's stats, that's awful.

ReputationRep:
    Numb to this **** now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Damning statistics Name:  goals.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  113.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Damning statistics Name:  goals.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  113.8 KB
    Great advert for the Premier League :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Omfg that's so true. Come on Swansea! Ain't gonna happen though :dry:
    And wow just saw Villa's stats, that's awful.
    No Siggy is a big problem for them, stupid prick getting himself sent off in the FA Cup when the match was all but over. Can't see Swansea putting up much of a fight but these last 15 games could epic, it's looking really close atm, I can see city joining the top 4 battle tbh, in poor form and it only takes one bad result to drag them back in.

Hyped for Spurs next weekend, massive match in terms of momentum

ReputationRep:
    Shoutout to Coq though, dominated the midfield today again, absolutely excellent
    the way Coq plays allows the attackers to play so good. Cazorla and Ozil have total control of the midfield and when Rocisky came on, those 3 could keep the ball forever if they wanted.
    Le Coq's control of the game is amazing from the games he's played especially against City.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    No Siggy is a big problem for them, stupid prick getting himself sent off in the FA Cup when the match was all but over. Can't see Swansea putting up much of a fight but these last 15 games could epic, it's looking really close atm, I can see city joining the top 4 battle tbh, in poor form and it only takes one bad result to drag them back in.

Hyped for Spurs next weekend, massive match in terms of momentum
    Sigur's a complete ****. The only shining light of hope Swansea actually had of doing something in a match. Bony and Sigur, Swansea's top scorers both gone. I've said Bafatembi Gomis isn't up to par and certainly isn't ready to replace the calibre of such player in Bony who's left. Just because they look similar (Obvs not racist) doesn't mean they have the same damn ability. Just be happy they're not playing the likes of West Brom or Hull or something, the hope would be gone long time ago.

Spurs next week will be close, a win would be fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    Sigur's a complete ****. The only shining light of hope Swansea actually had of doing something in a match. Bony and Sigur, Swansea's top scorers both gone. I've said Bafatembi Gomis isn't up to par and certainly isn't ready to replace the calibre of such player in Bony who's left. Just because they look similar (Obvs not racist) doesn't mean they have the same damn ability. Just be happy they're not playing the likes of West Brom or Hull or something, the hope would be gone long time ago.

Spurs next week will be close, a win would be fantastic.
    Swansea have just shot themselves in the foot tbh, hope they prove me wrong today though.

Our record at WHL isn't great recently but we're in good form, they are too so it could be a cracker.

Having said that they're a 3 man team really, Kane, Eriksen and Lloris, we had 5 different scorers today, so many players in our team are a threat right now
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Lambert's press conference will go like this "I thought we were excellent, we deserved something from the game, we will pick ourselves up and go again against Chelsea"
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Swansea have just shot themselves in the foot tbh, hope they prove me wrong today though.

Our record at WHL isn't great recently but we're in good form, they are too so it could be a cracker.

Having said that they're a 3 man team really, Kane, Eriksen and Lloris, we had 5 different scorers today, so many players in our team are a threat right now
    True true. The 1-1 earlier in the season kind of pissed me off. If we do beat them next week then that will leave a nice gap between us and them. Seriously though, all it takes is for United and the Saints to drop points on the same weekend we win and bom, that's the coveted top four spot back.

Thought Gomis scored there.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lambert: "We have definitely got enough to stay up."

ReputationRep:
    True true. The 1-1 earlier in the season kind of pissed me off. If we do beat them next week then that will leave a nice gap between us and them. Seriously though, all it takes is for United and the Saints to drop points on the same weekend we win and bom, that's the coveted top four spot back.

Thought Gomis scored there.
    0-0 so far, Swansea not completely bottling it. I'd take a point tbh, would rather So'ton got 4th than United so a draw makes it really close.

If we beat Tottenham I can see us going on a run of wins tbh, we have an extremely good fixture list for our next 7 league games but our last 8 will be difficult, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd and 2 away games vs midtable teams. Having said that we've played 2nd and 3rd and Chelsea away so we have a decent fixture list

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 1, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.