Are you voting for Ukip? Watch

Imrightyourleft
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, news flash - I am (another) student who shall be voting UKIP.
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samon53)
No and anyone that really thinks that immigration is some sort of problem needs to go back to school.
Immigration per se isn't a problem; unlimited, uncontrolled and unmanaged immigration is. This is effectively UKIP's argument.
HMPD97
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sam280297)
UKIP voter and proud
And before you spout of your ****, I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic and I support controlled immigration and keeping the NHS free
Well Nigel Farage obviously doesn't want to keep it free...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...vate-companies
username1649843
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would do but they won't get in in a million years so it's pointless and will put Millibean in
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dozyrosie)
Yes. Not because I actually support their ideology (whatever that is), only because the Conservative party is as clueless as the other clueless parties, and Cameron is a fool.
Surely this highlights a complete ignorance towards politics? I'll be voting UKIP too because I believe in what they stand for, but to not even bother to study the party of which you intend to vote for merely to spite another (as in your case) seems to me to be futile gesture.
leinad2012
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sam280297)
UKIP voter and proud
And before you spout of your ****, I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic and I support controlled immigration and keeping the NHS free
Farage and UKIP are the main party wanting to privatise the NHS (said today that if you can afford private healthcare then you shouldn't use the NHS).

Looks like you only support UKIP because of their immigration policy then, like 99% of their voters.
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
I would do but they won't get in in a million years so it's pointless and will put Millibean in
The whole point of voting UKIP isn't to elect them for government - nobody representing UKIP is suggesting or expecting that.

Rather the point of voting for UKIP is to send a message to the Westminster elite/establishment that their time is up - to essentially amount greater pressure for an immediate, full free and fair EU referendum, to disturb the cosy Westminster club by holding Lib-Lab-Con MPs to greater accountability (through a greater presence of UKIP MPs) and to also gather momentum to carry us forward towards the 2020 election, where a majority UKIP government will by then be feasible.

Don't fall for the fearmongering 'vote UKIP get someone else' nonsense. Besides, what's the difference whether Miliband or Cameron is in downing street when the reality is that a vote for either of them will be a vote for Jean-Claude Junker?
username1649843
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Imrightyourleft)
The whole point of voting UKIP isn't to elect them for government - nobody representing UKIP is suggesting or expecting that.

Rather the point of voting for UKIP is to send a message to the Westminster elite/establishment that their time is up - to essentially amount greater pressure for an immediate, full free and fair EU referendum, to disturb the cosy Westminster club by holding Lib-Lab-Con MPs to greater accountability (through a greater presence of UKIP MPs) and to also gather momentum to carry us forward towards the 2020 election, where a majority UKIP government will by then be feasible.

Don't fall for the fearmongering 'vote UKIP get someone else' nonsense. Besides, what's the difference whether Miliband or Cameron is in downing street when the reality is that a vote for either of them will be a vote for Jean-Claude Junker?
The only two seats which UKIP have are in marginal torry seats which they will almost certainly lose at the next election at the next election
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by leinad2012)
Farage and UKIP are the main party wanting to privatise the NHS (said today that if you can afford private healthcare then you shouldn't use the NHS).

Looks like you only support UKIP because of their immigration policy then, like 99% of their voters.
And why did he say that, you deceitful person?

Because doing so (referreing to the 5-8% of the population who can afford private health service) "would actually relieve some of the burden on the NHS for everybody else" to quote his exact words.

But I notice you don't seem to like to mention that part do you? No - you'd prefer to mention, selectively the words of your opponents of which only you want to include, in order to suit your political agenda and deceive others during the process. Well it won't work, because you've just been caught out.

Next time you wish to accuse your opponents of something, have the courtesy to quote them in full.

Furthermore, it is official UKIP policy for the NHS to remain free at the point of service (a fact which was recently officially announced and will be in their manifesto), thus you're not only deceitful but ignorant too!

The only party who have privatised the NHS is Labour through PFI contracts.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
And why did he say that, you deceitful person?

Because doing so (referreing to the 5-8% of the population who can afford private health service) "would actually relieve some of the burden on the NHS for everybody else" to quote his exact words.

But I notice you don't seem to like to mention that part do you? No - you'd prefer to mention, selectively the words of your opponents of which only you want to include, in order to suit your political agenda and deceive others during the process. Well it won't work, because you've just been caught out.

Next time you wish to accuse your opponents of something, have the courtesy to quote them in full.

Furthermore, it is official UKIP policy for the NHS to remain free at the point of service (a fact which was recently officially announced and will be in their manifesto), thus you're not only deceitful but ignorant too!

The only party who have privatised the NHS is Labour through PFI contracts.
Why should people who have paid taxes not be allowed to use the NHS?

Perhap's a way of "easing the burden" would be to not patronise potential doctors coming to the UK by saying they cannot speak English to the required level.

The irony of UKIP is that they are even more in bed with the elite, but have managed to con people into believing that they care about Britain.

A vast majority of their policies make little to no sense, but of course your average UKIP voter can't be bothered to read it.

Edit: also, very impressed by the macho offensive method of argument, normally used by those who have no clue about what they are talking about, and feel that they have to discredit their opponent's integrity to cover up the flaws in their own argument
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gott)
The only two seats which UKIP have are in marginal torry seats which they will almost certainly lose at the next election at the next election
Firstly, I'm not talking about the seats UKIP have now, I'm referring to the seats they'll gain at the general election.

Secondly, I beg to differ with your view - I think their 2 current seats will be retained come the election, particularly in the Clacton constituency.

Thirdly, it's 'Tory' not 'torry'.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The issue with UKIP is that even if they aren't racist (which is pretty debatable) a vast number of their supporters are.

Of the ones I know, (which thankfully is single digits) every single one of them was either racist openly, subtly racist or downright ignorant.

I remember one supporter of UKIP on my Facebook posting during the EU debates "for god sake, UKIP isnt a racist party they just want closed immigration" and thinking to myself, that might be true, but I distinctly remember you at school openly using terms raicst terms about black people, mixed race people, Indians and Pakistanis as well as openly homophobic language.

Whether UKIP is racist is irrelevant because they appeal to a vast majority who are
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why should people who have paid taxes not be allowed to use the NHS?
They can, if they wish - Farage was merely stating that it is surely a more preferable, generous option for those who can afford private health care to opt for that instead in order to relieve the pressure on those who cannot.

Perhap's a way of "easing the burden" would be to not patronise potential doctors coming to the UK by saying they cannot speak English to the required level.
Are you serious? That's not patronising. It's common sense. Would you personally wish to be treated by a doctor in an English speaking country that you couldn't understand or of whom couldn't understand you?

I think a more sensible solution to ease the burden would be to abolish health tourism (it is, after all, the National Health Service) and to get serious about the level of immigration in this country.

The irony of UKIP is that they are even more in bed with the elite, but have managed to con people into believing that they care about Britain.
Oh, is that so? Is that why the elite (of whom the media overwhelmingly represent) are unilateral in their efforts to slander UKIP at every opportunity? Is that why UKIP is the only party whose official stance is to withdraw from the EU whilst the official stance of every other mainstream party is to remain within it? Is that why UKIP is the only party who actually want the British people themselves to be able to govern Britain? Ah, yes, must be part of the elite.

A vast majority of their policies make little to no sense, but of course your average UKIP voter can't be bothered to read it.
You stereotyping windbag better provide an example of that then, if you can be bothered to.

Edit: also, very impressed by the macho offensive method of argument, normally used by those who have no clue about what they are talking about, and feel that they have to discredit their opponent due to the flaws in their own argument
'Macho offensive'? I'm very sorry you feel inclined to take that view. What a shame. Oh well, feel free not to be offended... I'd utilise that right if I were you while it still exists.

If there are flaws in my argument - do bother to highlight them if you're so clever, as I have been kind enough to highlight yours.
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The issue with UKIP is that even if they aren't racist (which is pretty debatable) a vast number of their supporters are.
Racists exist in every party.

Where is your hard evidence to support the accusation that the "vast number" of UKIP supporters are racist? Your anecdotal experiences on 'Facebook' don't prove that at all.

I'm a UKIP supporter who abhors racism and I support Farage 100% in his efforts to keep racists out (hence the UKIP constitution on this specific matter). They are not welcome in UKIP, never have been and never will be.

The problem is that the media have tried so hard to make UKIP a racist party that gullible, ignorant people like you have actually ended up falling for it.
CrapDunGoofed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by americandragon)
Their pledge is to scrap tuition fees in science, medicine, technology, engineering and maths. And that's on the condition that the graduate remains in the UK for 5 years following graduation, working and paying tax. They aren't scrapping ALL tuition fees.
That's a good thing. The government can't pay for all degrees. Why pay for stupid degrees like American studies or women's studies or w/e BS they have today.
samon53
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Immigration per se isn't a problem; unlimited, uncontrolled and unmanaged immigration is. This is effectively UKIP's argument.

Immigration always the solution never the problem. Unlimited immigration would not create a disaster in fact it would provide greater prosperity an increased workforce of increased diversity is massively beneficial both for out looking onto the world and developing in our own country. Also may I remind you we have both an ageing population and a declining birthrate. We need immigration desperately to help care for the elderly and keep our economy moving. Not only that but a lot of the migrants that travel to the UK arrive at working age and often leave before growing old. They are any sensible economist dream and to argue the opposite is pure stupidity based of a lack of education on the matters and indoctrination by the deceitful scum-bags in the corporate mainstream media.

(Original post by CrapDunGoofed)
That's a good thing. The government can't pay for all degrees. Why pay for stupid degrees like American studies or women's studies or w/e BS they have today.
I'm a big supporter of STEM a lot more than most but this is the most pitiful argument I've ever seen. We need diversity of people in the workforce and people studying wider ranges of degrees can be massively beneficial both to governments and companies. For example these degrees would be very useful in the foreign/home office and in companies trying to make deals or as civil servants.
Imrightyourleft
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samon53)
Immigration always the solution never the problem. Unlimited immigration would not create a disaster in fact it would provide greater prosperity an increased workforce of increased diversity is massively beneficial both for out looking onto the world and developing in our own country. Also may I remind you we have both an ageing population and a declining birthrate. We need immigration desperately to help care for the elderly and keep our economy moving. Not only that but a lot of the migrants that travel to the UK arrive at working age and often leave before growing old. They are any sensible economist dream and to argue the opposite is pure stupidity based of a lack of education on the matters and indoctrination by the deceitful scum-bags in the corporate mainstream media.[/I]
I cannot take anyone seriously who believes unlimited immigration is a sensible or responsible idea, more so when taking in to account that the British Isles do not have the the land mass, nor the resources which would be required to accommodate an unlimited flow of immigrants. Your view is nothing less than sheer insanity, let alone 'stupidity'. Anybody could understand this, it really isn't rocket science.

"Not only that but a lot of the migrants that travel to the UK arrive at working age and often leave before growing old"

Perhaps 'some' do. But many others do not.
samon53
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I cannot take anyone seriously who believes unlimited immigration is a sensible or responsible idea, more so when taking in to account that the British Isles do not have the the land mass, nor the resources which would be required to accommodate an unlimited flow of immigrants. Your view is nothing less than sheer insanity, let alone 'stupidity'. Anybody could understand this, it really isn't rocket science.

"Not only that but a lot of the migrants that travel to the UK arrive at working age and often leave before growing old"

Perhaps 'some' do. But many others do not.
The UK is under 7% urbanised your first point shot down.
Second having an unlimited number of immigrants allowed would not mean unlimited number turning up. You'd have to be insanely Nationalistic to believe that we'd end up with truly large numbers turning up. Even if we had an unprecedented and massive influx it still would not be beyond our means to accommodate them.
Thirdly you are forgetting the fact that people are a resource not a burden. We could have a much higher productivity and GDP with a higher population.
OK lastly yes I'm sure most people could understand your argument it doesn't make it any more right though. I'm sure Intelligent design is very easy for religious zealots to understand especially when compared to a complex concept such as evolution but something being easy to understand rarely has any bearing on it's validity.
When we consider things like this, It's hardly surprising that scientific studies have actually shown a link between more left wing views and intelligence and right ones with stupidity.
OMGsideboob
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I will be voting for UKIP. I really like their views on immigration, I fully support their stance regarding access to healthcare and education in immigrant families. It would be a refreshing change.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dozyrosie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Surely this highlights a complete ignorance towards politics? I'll be voting UKIP too because I believe in what they stand for, but to not even bother to study the party of which you intend to vote for merely to spite another (as in your case) seems to me to be futile gesture.
It is a protest vote, I almost definitely will never vote for UKIP again, so I hardly need to know much about them. If the Conservatives ditched Cameron and moved back to the centre-right of politics we would have a conservative government for ever as it would force the leftists in the labour party to stop pretending to be "new".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.18%
Leave (289)
20.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed