The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside university sept 2016 start all nursing/midwifery

Scroll to see replies

I applied for the adult nursing september 2016 intake but they've offered me a placein the jan 2017 group instead which I suppose won't make all that much difference as long as I get my degree!. Anyone else been placed in Jan? Also, any idea which accommodation will be best or where the car parking is? :smile:
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by beckyyhenderson
I applied for the adult nursing september 2016 intake but they've offered me a placein the jan 2017 group instead which I suppose won't make all that much difference as long as I get my degree!. Anyone else been placed in Jan? Also, any idea which accommodation will be best or where the car parking is? :smile:

It will just affect your funding, you'll have to pay for the course :/ but it'll be worth it! Parkside village is where the parking is :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soul-Searching
It will just affect your funding, you'll have to pay for the course :/ but it'll be worth it! Parkside village is where the parking is :smile:

I don't think I have to pay for the course because I can't physically get a tuition fee loan because I'm doing a Heath care course that's is covered by the bursarys?
I don't think I have to pay for the course because I can't physically get a tuition fee loan because I'm doing a Heath care course that's is covered by the bursarys?

The funding ends this year though, from 2017 it all goes to loans :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Soul-Searching
The funding ends this year though, from 2017 it all goes to loans :frown:

I'm fairly sure the fees start for those applying for the September 2017 intake whereas I applied for the September 2016 intake but they divide the group in half and start each at separate times so I think I'm ok. Also I've allready applied for my student finance and I'm not eligale for tuition fee loans so I mustn't have fees to pay
I'm fairly sure the fees start for those applying for the September 2017 intake whereas I applied for the September 2016 intake but they divide the group in half and start each at separate times so I think I'm ok. Also I've allready applied for my student finance and I'm not eligale for tuition fee loans so I mustn't have fees to pay

Aaww that's good then 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
anyone starting Teesside child nursing january 2017? :biggrin:
Original post by LG1993

I'm starting adult nursing in Jan 2017 and I'm beyond excited! 😸
There's a Facebook group called Teesside university nursing 2016 sept / 2017 Jan intake , if you wanna join it :smile:
There's already 80 + members

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 189
Original post by Carlossss
Anyone heard back for MH Nursing yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile: i heard back 3rd March.
i have a place for MH Nursing Sept 2016 :smile:
Hi everyone, I started adult nursing last year and just wanted to offer some survival tips
- remember to wear warm clothes on placements because the hospitals can be freezing!

-Create formula posters and display them everywhere as soon as possible -

-Choose accommodation wisely - I found that central halls although was close to the uni was miles away from the hospital, even though you are first years definitely look into private accommodation that is in the middle of both the hospital and the uni. Try 1st Degree Student Accommodation who I found somewhere with as they have a property right in the middle with en-suite rooms and internet all for £80.00 a week including all bills an internet. A great bonus about this house is that they only house nursing students in it which is advantage as we all understand each others needs and can pick each other's brains for knowledge.
Am starting September 26th 2016,what kind of text books do I need to buy please?
Has anyone got accommodation back yet? I got an email today saying I got woodlands
Hi, so my date has been changed from September 2017 to January 2017. Really happy the fact that I am starting a lot sooner. Plus it means that I will now be entitled to the bursary :smile: I am going in to Adult Nursing, is anyone else starting?
Original post by WilkoSalty
Hi, so my date has been changed from September 2017 to January 2017. Really happy the fact that I am starting a lot sooner. Plus it means that I will now be entitled to the bursary :smile: I am going in to Adult Nursing, is anyone else starting?

Me! ☺️
Original post by WilkoSalty

Hi, my start date has changed to Jan 2017 as well, but on the email I received it states that I can't apply for the bursary and I have to pay for the course with loans too x
Reply 196
Original post by LaurenJ_92
Hi, my start date has changed to Jan 2017 as well, but on the email I received it states that I can't apply for the bursary and I have to pay for the course with loans too x

You are entitled to the BURASRY it doesn't end till August 2017 and if u are entitled to it before then u get fill funding for 3 year! hope this helps - I start Jan 2017 for child nursing - soo excited we can apply for the NHS BURASRY from October xx
I wonder why they've said that on the email then. I'm going to email them and ask xx
Original post by abbifxo
Hi :smile: i heard back 3rd March.
i have a place for MH Nursing Sept 2016 :smile:

I've also got a place for MH Nusing sept 2016, can't decide on accommodation though, where have you applied?
Original post by LG1993

I am! You're the first person I've come across who is too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending