Teesside university sept 2016 start all nursing/midwifery Watch

beckyyhenderson
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I applied for the adult nursing september 2016 intake but they've offered me a placein the jan 2017 group instead which I suppose won't make all that much difference as long as I get my degree!. Anyone else been placed in Jan? Also, any idea which accommodation will be best or where the car parking is?
Soul-Searching
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beckyyhenderson)
I applied for the adult nursing september 2016 intake but they've offered me a placein the jan 2017 group instead which I suppose won't make all that much difference as long as I get my degree!. Anyone else been placed in Jan? Also, any idea which accommodation will be best or where the car parking is?
It will just affect your funding, you'll have to pay for the course :/ but it'll be worth it! Parkside village is where the parking is

Posted from TSR Mobile
beckyyhenderson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Soul-Searching)
It will just affect your funding, you'll have to pay for the course :/ but it'll be worth it! Parkside village is where the parking is
I don't think I have to pay for the course because I can't physically get a tuition fee loan because I'm doing a Heath care course that's is covered by the bursarys?
Soul-Searching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think I have to pay for the course because I can't physically get a tuition fee loan because I'm doing a Heath care course that's is covered by the bursarys?
The funding ends this year though, from 2017 it all goes to loans

Posted from TSR Mobile
beckyyhenderson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Soul-Searching)
The funding ends this year though, from 2017 it all goes to loans
I'm fairly sure the fees start for those applying for the September 2017 intake whereas I applied for the September 2016 intake but they divide the group in half and start each at separate times so I think I'm ok. Also I've allready applied for my student finance and I'm not eligale for tuition fee loans so I mustn't have fees to pay
Soul-Searching
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm fairly sure the fees start for those applying for the September 2017 intake whereas I applied for the September 2016 intake but they divide the group in half and start each at separate times so I think I'm ok. Also I've allready applied for my student finance and I'm not eligale for tuition fee loans so I mustn't have fees to pay
Aaww that's good then 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
LG1993
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
anyone starting Teesside child nursing january 2017?
beckyyhenderson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LG1993)

I'm starting adult nursing in Jan 2017 and I'm beyond excited! 😸
Carlossss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's a Facebook group called Teesside university nursing 2016 sept / 2017 Jan intake , if you wanna join it
There's already 80 + members

Posted from TSR Mobile
abbifxo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Carlossss)
Anyone heard back for MH Nursing yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi i heard back 3rd March.
i have a place for MH Nursing Sept 2016
xjess97x
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi everyone, I started adult nursing last year and just wanted to offer some survival tips
- remember to wear warm clothes on placements because the hospitals can be freezing!

-Create formula posters and display them everywhere as soon as possible -

-Choose accommodation wisely - I found that central halls although was close to the uni was miles away from the hospital, even though you are first years definitely look into private accommodation that is in the middle of both the hospital and the uni. Try 1st Degree Student Accommodation who I found somewhere with as they have a property right in the middle with en-suite rooms and internet all for £80.00 a week including all bills an internet. A great bonus about this house is that they only house nursing students in it which is advantage as we all understand each others needs and can pick each other's brains for knowledge.
blessed35
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am starting September 26th 2016,what kind of text books do I need to buy please?
Blondie864
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Has anyone got accommodation back yet? I got an email today saying I got woodlands
WilkoSalty
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, so my date has been changed from September 2017 to January 2017. Really happy the fact that I am starting a lot sooner. Plus it means that I will now be entitled to the bursary I am going in to Adult Nursing, is anyone else starting?
beckyyhenderson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WilkoSalty)
Hi, so my date has been changed from September 2017 to January 2017. Really happy the fact that I am starting a lot sooner. Plus it means that I will now be entitled to the bursary I am going in to Adult Nursing, is anyone else starting?
Me! ☺️
LaurenJ_92
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WilkoSalty)
Hi, my start date has changed to Jan 2017 as well, but on the email I received it states that I can't apply for the bursary and I have to pay for the course with loans too x
LG1993
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LaurenJ_92)
Hi, my start date has changed to Jan 2017 as well, but on the email I received it states that I can't apply for the bursary and I have to pay for the course with loans too x
You are entitled to the BURASRY it doesn't end till August 2017 and if u are entitled to it before then u get fill funding for 3 year! hope this helps - I start Jan 2017 for child nursing - soo excited we can apply for the NHS BURASRY from October xx
LaurenJ_92
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wonder why they've said that on the email then. I'm going to email them and ask xx
Kirstyrudd
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by abbifxo)
Hi i heard back 3rd March.
i have a place for MH Nursing Sept 2016

I've also got a place for MH Nusing sept 2016, can't decide on accommodation though, where have you applied?
sophiejr
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by LG1993)
I am! You're the first person I've come across who is too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads