Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Zyzz being a role model is amusing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, to me he is really likeable, apart from the whole dying part.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Yeah, to me he is really likeable, apart from the whole dying part.
    The whole smack and tolberone combo with a "congenital heart defect"

Whilst lots like him; Im not his biggest fan tbh; there's better people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The whole smack and tolberone combo with a "congenital heart defect"

Whilst lots like him; Im not his biggest fan tbh; there's better people

Posted from TSR Mobile
    **** you

Bench is now 65kg. What do you advise to do to get my deadlift up, which seems to have stagnated? I've been stuck at 110 max for 4 reps for ages, and even then on some days I struggle to get 100/105. Barbell row, TRX row, wide-grips have all been making good progress so it's pretty bewildering tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by KeyToSuccess)
    **** you

Bench is now 65kg. What do you advise to do to get my deadlift up, which seems to have stagnated? I've been stuck at 110 max for 4 reps for ages, and even then on some days I struggle to get 100/105. Barbell row, TRX row, wide-grips have all been making good progress so it's pretty bewildering tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eat more

ReputationRep:
    Eat more
    Pls I have been

Probably is the case though tbh. Is it harder to move up in something like DL'ing than accessory exercises though (which I seem to be quite regularly?)

I swear I know nothing about science even though I study it every day ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Pls I have been

Probably is the case though tbh. Is it harder to move up in something like DL'ing than accessory exercises though (which I seem to be quite regularly?)

I swear I know nothing about science even though I study it every day ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then check your form
    What's your training programme like

The last thing to stall should be your deadlift really

ReputationRep:
    Then check your form
    What's your training programme like

The last thing to stall should be your deadlift really
    4 day split, pro bodybuilder approved and he's also checked my form. Would've thought that too, it may be part mental as I tend to think about it quite negatively (worst and most painful lift for me by far).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eat more
    Am I following you on IG?

I'm following Motorbiker and Areeb. There's two other lifters on here I follow but I'm not sure who they are lol.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    4 day split, pro bodybuilder approved and he's also checked my form. Would've thought that too, it may be part mental as I tend to think about it quite negatively (worst and most painful lift for me by far).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pro bodybuilder approved in my mind means it's a waste of time. What is this split?

(Original post by zKlown)
    Am I following you on IG?

I'm following Motorbiker and Areeb. There's two other lifters on here I follow but I'm not sure who they are lol.
    You are yah; my last vid was me barbell rowing I think

ReputationRep:
    Imo as a beginner the best approach is to eat plenty , enough to recover so that you are adding weight on the bar every week for as long as possible. When you can, add accessory exercise for volume. I think that it is very possible to push yourself more than the programmes stipulate as long as you are eating and sleeping well.

For the first year and a half of my training i willingly let myself get a bit fat to keep adding the gains, knowing that I would cut the fat pretty quickly and keep the strength and lean mass. For a while, it is best to sacrifice the aesthetics and just focus as much as possible on performance in the gym.

ReputationRep:
    Pro bodybuilder approved in my mind means it's a waste of time. What is this split?

You are yah; my last vid was me barbell rowing I think
    Chest-Tri's
    Shoulder's-Bi's
    Back
    Legs+Calves

(Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Imo as a beginner the best approach is to eat plenty , enough to recover so that you are adding weight on the bar every week for as long as possible. When you can, add accessory exercise for volume. I think that it is very possible to push yourself more than the programmes stipulate as long as you are eating and sleeping well.

For the first year and a half of my training i willingly let myself get a bit fat to keep adding the gains, knowing that I would cut the fat pretty quickly and keep the strength and lean mass. For a while, it is best to sacrifice the aesthetics and just focus as much as possible on performance in the gym.
    Thing is I wouldn't say that i'm a newcomer as such anymore (started in summer of 2014). Think you're right though, I am heavily into the aesthetics rather than the performance (which has paid dividends, but it's a slow one).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Chest-Tri's
    Shoulder's-Bi's
    Back
    Legs+Calves
    And what is your Squat/Bench/ Deadlift

ReputationRep:
    And what is your Squat/Bench/ Deadlift
    Squat- 85
    Bench- 65
    DL- 110

I've had knee surgery in the pasty (ACL injury) so i'm anxious to push my body too hard at times
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Squat- 85
    Bench- 65
    DL- 110

I've had knee surgery in the pasty (ACL injury) so i'm anxious to push my body too hard at times
    If you're stalling at those weights; then you have to consider two things - routine and diet.

I'd vote you're pretty skinny and your routine is built for a drug user; not a natty.

If you've been lifting consistently since Summer 2014; that's kind of ridiculous. My gf is stronger than you (no offence) and has been lifting a lot less time.

By end of year one lifting the couple of people I've helped have been able to get 130+/100+/ 170+. So yeah my recommendation is eat + get a better routine

ReputationRep:
    If you're stalling at those weights; then you have to consider two things - routine and diet.

I'd vote you're pretty skinny and your routine is built for a drug user; not a natty.

If you've been lifting consistently since Summer 2014; that's kind of ridiculous. My gf is stronger than you (no offence) and has been lifting a lot less time.

By end of year one lifting the couple of people I've helped have been able to get 130+/100+/ 170+. So yeah my recommendation is eat + get a better routine
    Fuk sake delete this before difeo gets here

Maybe. I'm not skinny per se, but yeah pretty light and lean, I have a sportsman's style build (was professional sports player for a while), can run a half marathon with ease so I don't wanna put on too much mass or lose my fitness. Diet wise I'm probably an 8/10 in terms of content, agree with you about eating more though. I'm probably 5-7kg away from where I want to be (but the vast majority if not all muscle, so we're talking years away lol).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Fuk sake delete this before difeo gets here

Maybe. I'm not skinny per se, but yeah pretty light and lean, I have a sportsman's style build (was professional sports player for a while), can run a half marathon with ease so I don't wanna put on too much mass or lose my fitness. Diet wise I'm probably an 8/10 in terms of content, agree with you about eating more though. I'm probably 5-7kg away from where I want to be (but the vast majority if not all muscle, so we're talking years away lol).
    Difeo can cream himself if he so chooses lolz

You can't hold onto running a half marathon with ease and putting on a decent amount of size; I've tried the whole cardio king and strong and it's pretty insane to balance the two.

So yeah if your diets fine; then I suggest you get another programme. Things should be done as a natty twice a week really

ReputationRep:
    Is this thread still going on :lol:

Things should be done as a natty twice a week really
    Can you explain this? I don't get why

ReputationRep:
    Difeo can cream himself if he so chooses lolz

You can't hold onto running a half marathon with ease and putting on a decent amount of size; I've tried the whole cardio king and strong and it's pretty insane to balance the two.

So yeah if your diets fine; then I suggest you get another programme. Things should be done as a natty twice a week really
    Don't wanna get too big though, something to the tune of Ronaldo's build (quite obviously unrealistic, but you get the jist) is my aim. May look to change programme up a bit then.

It's a fascinating topic really. Kinda wish I did Medicine now and went into sports Med.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    Can you explain this? I don't get why
    So if youre on anabolics, your protein synthesis post stimulation is extended in the muscle. Often that is 7 days.

In a natural lifter, it is elevated for 2-3 days. Hence hitting the movement twice a week+ is considered optimal. Hence why fullbody 3x a week has been popular since the Golden Age of BBing

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.