The Student Room Group

GCSE French AQA 12th May

Scroll to see replies

can anyone remember the questions in the listening paper GCSE AQA higher tier and what you think the grade boundraries will be
Hey guys, my teacher actually went through the transcript with me yesterday so I know most of the answers if you want to ask about any...?
P.s. Does anybody know the official thread for the English lit exam tomorrow aqa? If so could you please link it, thank you:smile:
Original post by Thinedivine
Hey guys, my teacher actually went through the transcript with me yesterday so I know most of the answers if you want to ask about any...?
P.s. Does anybody know the official thread for the English lit exam tomorrow aqa? If so could you please link it, thank you:smile:

Can you share as many as you can please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 183

Yes, can you give me the answers for:
a) Social issues (the first question)
b) Celebrations at home ( the one that is related to Alice and that)
c) That relationship related to Dalphine and Marc I think it was
d) Transport - Advantages and Disadvantages
e) Being vegetarian - One of the options that had a) vegetarian diet b) temperature etc what was the correct answer?

And other answers you can remember can you post it here please thanks :smile:
Original post by oni176
Yes, can you give me the answers for:
a) Social issues (the first question)
b) Celebrations at home ( the one that is related to Alice and that)
c) That relationship related to Dalphine and Marc I think it was
d) Transport - Advantages and Disadvantages
e) Being vegetarian - One of the options that had a) vegetarian diet b) temperature etc what was the correct answer?

And other answers you can remember can you post it here please thanks :smile:

Alrighty, I mainly looked at the ones nearer to the back so I'm afraid I can't help you with those earlier on but I may be able to ask her if you're desperate to know:smile:
Celebrations was
a) Father (old music)
b) Amelie (disappointed with gift)
c) Mum (guests)
d) Mum (didn't like the roast)

They split up because he made no effort to find a job (you can't just say he's unemployed), he kept buying cigarettes and wouldn't stop smoking them and she also found him looking in her bag for money. Any two of those three would be good. I don't know what he said in defense sorry I forgot! But the advice was to learn to speak to each other and think about having kids.

The first was fast/comfortable and the second was that you can read or sleep and one of the disadvantages was that there's not enough space to sit down but I don't know which.

Ummm that whole page was
a) a long time ago
b) money

a) her parents were not happy
b) temperature

a) community spirit
b) they were optimistic about things getting better

Some people were debating about the school meals one, it was P/N (In my teacher's opinion) and of the environmental one, answers were floods, forest fires, deforestation and the drivers were putting up with traffic jams.

There we go, hope that's helpful for you and everyone else!:smile:
Reply 185
Original post by Fia2k16
i put they should have children later & learn to talk their problems out

Yeah that's what I put! However, some people say that ''they should consider about their child''. Not sure which one is correct.
Alrighty, I mainly looked at the ones nearer to the back so I'm afraid I can't help you with those earlier on but I may be able to ask her if you're desperate to know:smile:
Celebrations was
a) Father (old music)
c) Mum (guests)

They split up because he made no effort to find a job (you can't just say he's unemployed), he kept buying cigarettes and wouldn't stop smoking them and she also found him looking in her bag for money. Any two of those three would be good. I don't know what he said in defense sorry I forgot! But the advice was to learn to speak to each other and think about having kids.

The first was fast/comfortable and the second was that you can read or sleep and one of the disadvantages was that there's not enough space to sit down but I don't know which.

Ummm that whole page was
a) a long time ago
b) money

b) temperature

a) community spirit

Some people were debating about the school meals one, it was P/N (In my teacher's opinion) and of the environmental one, answers were floods, forest fires, deforestation and the drivers were putting up with traffic jams.

Thank you that's very helpful 😘

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Celebrations was
a) Father (old music)
c) Mum (guests)

Ummm that whole page was
a) a long time ago
b) money

b) temperature

a) community spirit

Thank you so much :smile: I'll never know I'll do that well for that Dalphine and Marc question but thank you so much :smile: Some errors were made but still hoping for low grade boundaries.. Reckon I've got 30/40.
Celebrations was
a) Father (old music)
c) Mum (guests)

Ummm that whole page was
a) a long time ago
b) money

b) temperature

a) community spirit

thank you so much!! :biggrin:

Out of interest, what does your teacher think grade boundaries will be like?
Celebrations was
a) Father (old music)
c) Mum (guests)

Ummm that whole page was
a) a long time ago
b) money

b) temperature

a) community spirit

Thanks so much for this, kinda relieving. Do you have the transcript to share with us? Thanks :smile:
Original post by oni176
Yeah that's what I put! However, some people say that ''they should consider about their child''. Not sure which one is correct.

I remember is said something like Spenser 'avoir' hence having children
Original post by oni176
Thank you so much :smile: I'll never know I'll do that well for that Dalphine and Marc question but thank you so much :smile: Some errors were made but still hoping for low grade boundaries.. Reckon I've got 30/40.

In June 2013 the boundaries were 20 something for A*, so hopefully it should be the same. Tbh I found the 2013 listening paper quite easy in comparison to ours, so if i could argue with the examiners about this I would say it should be lower.
Original post by helloitsmee
Thanks so much for this, kinda relieving. Do you have the transcript to share with us? Thanks :smile:

You're all welcome:biggrin:
I doubt that she'd give it to me since the whole department were only given one but I will ask just in case, and if so post it on here:smile:
You're all welcome:biggrin:
I doubt that she'd give it to me since the whole department were only given one but I will ask just in case, and if so post it on here:smile:

Aw thanks, your school sounds really nice. My teacher hasn't even asked me how my paper went lol considering only 12 people do French. Moving schools for Sixth Form anyway though :rolleyes:
Reply 194
Original post by helloitsmee
In June 2013 the boundaries were 20 something for A*, so hopefully it should be the same. Tbh I found the 2013 listening paper quite easy in comparison to ours, so if i could argue with the examiners about this I would say it should be lower.

Yeah that's true. I wouldn't mind getting an A on average as my Controlled Assessment for Writing and Speaking was A*, so literally getting C's and B's will still get me an A grade. However, my teacher said to me she'll be very upset if I don't get an A* overall and she's a very kind person so I don't want to disappoint her on results day :wink: I'm literally hoping that they do like 25 for an A* for both listening and reading. However reading might be a bit higher as everyone did well on that paper.
Original post by oni176
Yeah that's true. I wouldn't mind getting an A on average as my Controlled Assessment for Writing and Speaking was A*, so literally getting C's and B's will still get me an A grade. However, my teacher said to me she'll be very upset if I don't get an A* overall and she's a very kind person so I don't want to disappoint her on results day :wink: I'm literally hoping that they do like 25 for an A* for both listening and reading. However reading might be a bit higher as everyone did well on that paper.

Ah, well I screwed up on my speaking so was relying on my reading (which I think was good) and listening (i dunno about this :frown: ) to get me my target grade.
Original post by SusamS
She's probably joking

i thought my teacher was joking - honestly ! But she's an AQA senior examiner so i guess she won't lie :smile:
Would anyone be interested if I put together a full unofficial mark scheme? It might take me a while to get the papers though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
Would anyone be interested if I put together a full unofficial mark scheme? It might take me a while to get the papers though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be great, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobbiBlue
That would be great, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, I think I might be able to get them done tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending