Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles100)
    thanks, what do you mean by trigonometric proof, can you give me an example?
    They aren't really proofs but I think some people put them under that category.
    (using x to denote an angle)
    tan (x) = sin (x) / cos (x)
    and
    sin^2 (x) + cos^2 (x) = 1

You will often get asked to show that something equals something else, and you basically just have to keep on subbing these in and rearranging until you get there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone to help me out in the C2 question please!!

Giving your answer in terms of PIE, sole,

3 tan ^2 teta -1 for teta in the interval -pie < teta <pie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john123412)
    I really messed up c1. I got around 50 not including method marks(all my methods were correct) anyone know what I need to aim for in c2 and m1 to secure an A
    Literally in the exact same position as me, we need to get over 70 in both c2 and s2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    also this one if possible!

Given that t = log x to the base 3, find expression of t for:

log x to the base 3
    log x to the base 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IIEquinoxII)
    and

You will often get asked to show that something equals something else, and you basically just have to keep on subbing these in and rearranging until you get there.
    Theyre called identities

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userxx990)
    Anyone to help me out in the C2 question please!!

Giving your answer in terms of PIE, sole,

3 tan ^2 teta -1 for teta in the interval -pie < teta <pie
    3tan^2 theta =1

tan^2 theta = 1/3

tan theta = root 1/3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LearningGeek)
    Literally in the exact same position as me, we need to get over 70 in both c2 and s2

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really doubt we need over 70. I got around 56 including method marks which is possibly a B. To secure an A overall I think we need around 67/75 for both papers.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre called identities

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The equations are identities, but the process of subbing them in etc is a proof of a trigonometric identity

ReputationRep:
    3tan^2 theta =1

tan^2 theta = 1/3

tan theta = root 1/3
    Yes thanks, but how do i give the answer in terms of PIE

ReputationRep:
    In so scared because I can barely do C2 D: I got a U in my mock and I have a feeling this won't go much better D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulupixie)
    In so scared because I can barely do C2 D: I got a U in my mock and I have a feeling this won't go much better D:
    Aw you'll be okay haha!! Just practice, practice and practice on past papers lol. I hope you'll do better on the exam, plus the mocks dont indicate how well you'll do, at least I dont think. I'd also go over the topics which I find most difficult first? I'm not sure but yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Aw you'll be okay haha!! Just practice, practice and practice on past papers lol. I hope you'll do better on the exam, plus the mocks dont indicate how well you'll do, at least I dont think. I'd also go over the topics which I find most difficult first? I'm not sure but yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! That will be the whole book 😂 I have from now till the exam straight with no exams so I'm going to do as many past papers as possible!

ReputationRep:
    also this one if possible!

Given that t = log x to the base 3, find expression of t for:

log x to the base 3
    log x to the base 9
    2t
    1/2 t

Look at the log rules and this should make sense
    isnt the first on log X to the base 3 squared?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usmanzubair)
    Guys please help me with this question. I cant get it. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll do that for you step by step give me like 5 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and

oh yeah okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    2t
    1/2 t

Look at the log rules and this should make sense
    isnt the first on log X to the base 3 squared?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yess sorry thats squared! how did you get 1/2 t? ive looked at the logs rule but still cant figure it out..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know a good place to revise logs? i'm good with most of C2 but I loose so many marks from messing up log questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulupixie)
    Thank you! That will be the whole book 😂 I have from now till the exam straight with no exams so I'm going to do as many past papers as possible!
    You're welcome! Hahahah, oh no- just work your way each topic at a time, I'm sure you'll get there and if you need any help then I'll help anytime..if I'm able to do it ofc.😂Aw that's so good- I have one exam before maths which is physics, on Tuesday. Wooh!- Sounds like a plan haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    You're welcome! Hahahah, oh no- just work your way each topic at a time, I'm sure you'll get there and if you need any help then I'll help anytime..if I'm able to do it ofc.😂Aw that's so good- I have one exam before maths which is physics, on Tuesday. Wooh!- Sounds like a plan haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I'll drop you a message if I need any help! Good luck for Tuesday, you'll be fine! x

ReputationRep:
    Yess sorry thats squared! how did you get 1/2 t? ive looked at the logs rule but still cant figure it out..
    Log of X to the base a = Log of X to the base b / log of a to the base b

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.