The Student Room Group

wjec c1 maths 13th may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WhisperingTide
Is it usually okay to write _/2_/11 instead of _/22 ?

yeah id think so, you obviously knew the answer
[QUOTE=jackyb;55736747]hi guys how did you find the exam, couple of hard questions but went okay i think?

Beautiful paper! (Kinda) few evil ones thrown in the mix but the majority was pretty standard.
Original post by Cocosroberts_om
Beautiful paper! (Kinda) few evil ones thrown in the mix but the majority was pretty standard.

What do you think you had? Have you looked at the unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Mr Bill
What did you guys get for final minimum length of farmers fence? I got x=40 and 80m 😥

I did!! THANK YOU!
[QUOTE=Mr rump;55770355]What do you think you had? Have you looked at the unofficial mark scheme?

Not yet. Where can I find it? I'd be happy with 70-80%
Original post by ihateexam
how many marks for the tanABC for question no.1 ?

Apparently 5...
Apparently 5...

thatll be for lengths of lines as well tho, so method marks as long as you did some lengths i imagine?
Not yet. Where can I find it? I'd be happy with 70-80%

Grade boundaries should be low and here's the link which was posted earlier- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwiKgtpAScbUdDRZU2FFd29fYzQ/view?pli=1
Original post by Mr rump
Grade boundaries should be low and here's the link which was posted earlier- https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwiKgtpAScbUdDRZU2FFd29fYzQ/view?pli=1

Thank you So much. Looking at the numbers ( I don't understand welsh) I'm not looking too bad, howl fully the boundaries are lowered!'
oh nooo. that marksheme made me so depressed now. Apprarently i got the entire binomials question wrong and the tan triangle question wrong :frown: also I was too stupid to know that 117+52-12 is 162. FML.
Yeah I got the tan wrong and part b to binomial. Also a few of the 1-3 markers 😒
Original post by Mr rump

What the hell are the chances that this would be in Welsh?!
Original post by WhisperingTide
Is it usually okay to write _/2_/11 instead of _/22 ?

Nope, sorry. It says simplify in the stem of the question, and root2root11 is definitely not simplified. Yes you probably know how to simplify that, but the examiner has to be fair and assume that you were not able to simplify it.
Got all the marks :biggrin:
Original post by PrimeLime
Got all the marks :biggrin:

75/75?
Original post by Mr rump
75/75

You too?
EDIT: Oh sorry I didn't see the question mark. Yep.
(edited 8 years ago)
You too?
EDIT: Oh sorry I didn't see the question mark. Yep.

I had about 69
If you had 75 them grade boundaries won't be lowered! :frown: please say you're joking 😂😂😂
Original post by Mr rump
I had about 69
If you had 75 them grade boundaries won't be lowered! :frown: please say you're joking 😂😂😂

I'm sorry I'm not joking :tongue:. But I'm trying to go for a Maths degree at Cambridge so I kind of need 100% in all my maths modules (or close)!! :redface:
Grade boundaries will plummet through the floor anyway so it's all good!
Is 65/75 good?
I'm sorry I'm not joking :tongue:. But I'm trying to go for a Maths degree at Cambridge so I kind of need 100% in all my maths modules (or close)!! :redface:
Grade boundaries will plummet through the floor anyway so it's all good!

FairPlay to you, I heard if someone in Wales gets 100% that grade boundaries don't shift for 100 UMS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending