The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Physics Unit 2 and 3 (20th May)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amygardiner
For the kinetic and gravitational energy questions concerning the rocket i put 3.6 J
And for the height i got 7.2 m

Got this too! :smile: Did anyone else put 3.6J for both of them (one question after another)
Original post by amygardiner
Had trouble figuring out the direction of force in the motor effect because i couldn't remember which side of the cell symbol was positive and which was negative! I put the arrow upwards but i think that was wrong

I've done exactly the same!
Reply 182
Original post by Jonathanitb
Got this too! :smile: Did anyone else put 3.6J for both of them (one question after another)

I did lol hope it's right
Original post by Khank
Same!

incompressible* I mean

yes me :smile: yayayayayyaya i had 1 sec left haha lool
Original post by Asad_2015

I put that and I'm so glad someone else did as I wasn't sure :smile:
Original post by Asad_2015

Yeah haha thats what I got too. What did you lot put about the scientists and why they developed a new atom or something
Original post by Kathryn1998
P2 six marker was a dreaaammmm

:biggrin: SOOO tru.... bestest yet :smile:it was more like a chemisty question??!
(edited 8 years ago)

I did originally but then crossed out the 3.6J for the second one and left it blank. So annoyed 😩
Reply 189
Original post by VioletPhillippo
I think it's because it experienced 3 half lives from 80-10 (it halved 3 times)?

I put 3 half lives 80 to 40 1 life, 40 to 20 2 half life, then 20 to 10 3 half life.
Original post by Desouza123
Yeah haha thats what I got too. What did you lot put about the scientists and why they developed a new atom or something

didnt have any technology to prove otherwise, so they were happy to 'agree' to any theories basicaly wot i put haha
What did you put for the maximum gravitational potential energy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kwstudent
didnt have any technology to prove otherwise, so they were happy to 'agree' to any theories basicaly wot i put haha

Yeah same put something along the lines of that. Technology wasnt advanced enough
Just want to make it clear that half-life question is 12

It require A-level maths knowledge to solve it which is logarithm rather than just divide, of course you can trial/test to get the answer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cogito.

It require A-level maths knowledge to solve it which is logarithm rather than just divide, of course you can trial/test to get the answer.

Yeah thats what i got 👍
Did anyone else put 12 hours per half life? Also what did people write for the six marker? I wrote the following but I'm really nervous about it:
- The nucleus has protons which are positively charged and neutrons which have no overall charge.
- The nucleus is orbited by electrons which have a negative charge.
- Protons are heavy
- Neutrons and electrons aren't heavy
- Atoms are very small
Original post by cogito.

Complete work solution:

80/2^n = 10
2^n = 80/10 = 8
n = log 8/log 2 = 3

half life = 36/3 = 12
Q.E.D
:biggrin: SOOO tru.... bestest yet :smile:it was more like a chemisty question??!

I know, and it literally told you what to write about!!
PPLS; P2 .... The second last ques - Wot graph did u choose? ABC or D?

B I think? What did you put for the change in focal length for the 60 year old? P3
Original post by Kieran3
Did anyone else put 12 hours per half life? Also what did people write for the six marker? I wrote the following but I'm really nervous about it:
- The nucleus has protons which are positively charged and neutrons which have no overall charge.
- The nucleus is orbited by electrons which have a negative charge.
- Protons are heavy
- Neutrons and electrons aren't heavy
- Atoms are very small

Neutrons and protons have equal mass.

Quick Reply

Latest