Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueeyedgirl22)
    Hey I'm an international applicant (American curriculum) and I applied for international relations too! I'm still waiting to hear back and the suspense is killing me x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, I'm international and applied for IR & Social Anthropology Has anyone gotten any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    I really want to apply to St. Andrews for a History but don't know if i'll get in, so if any one has any help that would be fab!

I got AABC at AS ( the B in history) but have been predicted A*AA (an A in history) and the entry requirements are AAA.

Also i'm from England so i don't know if that would also effect anything??

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

This is my first post here (I'm hoping that I don't mess it up) but I wanted to see where people were at with their applications to St. Andrews.

I applied in October for two courses at St. Andrews -Medicine and Biochemistry- and haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone had any news back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiawrigley)
    I really want to apply to St. Andrews for a History but don't know if i'll get in, so if any one has any help that would be fab!

I got AABC at AS ( the B in history) but have been predicted A*AA (an A in history) and the entry requirements are AAA.

Also i'm from England so i don't know if that would also effect anything??

What do you guys think?
    I think you should go for it. You have a strong chance of getting the grades and I'm going to assume it's one of the best for your course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillBlackburn)
    Hi all,

This is my first post here (I'm hoping that I don't mess it up) but I wanted to see where people were at with their applications to St. Andrews.

I applied in October for two courses at St. Andrews -Medicine and Biochemistry- and haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone had any news back?
    I also applied in October, for Physics. Apart from an acknowledgement email, I've heard nothing. I expect I'll have to wait until at least January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    I also applied in October, for Physics. Apart from an acknowledgement email, I've heard nothing. I expect I'll have to wait until at least January.
    Good luck! Is St. Andrews your top choice?

This waiting is absolutely killing me, but no news can be good news, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillBlackburn)
    Good luck! Is St. Andrews your top choice?

This waiting is absolutely killing me, but no news can be good news, right?
    At the moment, yes. (I still need to go there and look around.)

I heard they make offers quite late, so I'm not dying of anticipation yet.

ReputationRep:
    I just received an unconditional offer to study international relations!!! i'm so happy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogan17)
    I just got unconditional offers for all three programs I applied to (International Relations, Modern History and Classical Studies). I'm actually so pumped. St. Andrews is seriously amazing and I think I'll end up going there!!

Good luck to everybody else!!
    congrats!! see you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone with an offer had an email directly from st andrews? i only had one from ucas about receiving an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got unconditional offers for all three programs I applied to (International Relations, Modern History and Classical Studies). I'm actually so pumped. St. Andrews is seriously amazing and I think I'll end up going there!!

Congrats!

ReputationRep:

did you get an email from both ucas and st andrews??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Blueeyedgirl and Bill Blackburn . . . . are you both International applicants?

ReputationRep:
    No just ucas. You?
    Just UCAS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChuckleBrother)
    Blueeyedgirl and Bill Blackburn . . . . are you both International applicants?
    yes i am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yes i am

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you US based? Would you mind sharing what your SAT scores were or at least ball park? I got 2100 (720 Math) and am waiting to hear. Driving me nuts!!

ReputationRep:
    Are you US based? Would you mind sharing what your SAT scores were or at least ball park? I got 2100 (720 Math) and am waiting to hear. Driving me nuts!!
    im a brit but i live in singapore and go to the american school (kinda complicated)- i took the act and had a score of 30 with 34s in reading and english

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    im a brit but i live in singapore and go to the american school (kinda complicated)- i took the act and had a score of 30 with 34s in reading and english

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on getting an offer. St Andrews is an amazing place and hopefully will see you there. Hopefully will hear this week.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on getting an offer. St Andrews is an amazing place and hopefully will see you there. Hopefully will hear this week.
    good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, well, sorta. I live in Bermuda which is technically a British overseas territory which I think means that I am classed with home students (since I carry a British passport). However, I still am overseas. I am currently taking AP exams as well, so I can only hope that the conversion rates are reasonable to A levels.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 21, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.