Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    What is your definition of religion ?
    And opinions on Buddhism, taoism or wicca?

Before I can comment constructively I have to ask sorry
    They don't bother me, but I don't know a lot about their views and anyone with views that are made from their religion rather than logic wouldn't be part of my new country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terry Tibbs)
    What, and the religitards do? I lol'd
    Wonderful
    And I never said that, she made an accusation, once i asked her to give me reasons and evidence to back her claims she simply replied with: "blocked"

she really got me there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeed97)
    I didn't realise there was a difference, being an atheist doesn't make your hatefulness any better.
    But most hate on here doesn't come from atheists though, it comes from muslims.

Most of you think you're making a change in the world, you're not, but you do provide great entertainment.
    What a vague comment this is. Would you mind defining "making a change in the world" and explaining how atheists can't do this and religious people presumably can?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Errm16)
    Isn't that how Science usually works.

Someone believes in something (hypothesis), and then they test it out (i.e: studies) and then they form a conclusion based on the study provided.

Are you rejecting scientific methodology?
    It is not a fact until proven.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wonderful
    And I never said that, she made an accusation, once i asked her to give me reasons and evidence to back her claims she simply replied with: "blocked"

she really got me there
    That's not really why she blocked you but to sit there spouting religious sympathies and have the audacity to claim someone isn't "backing up their claims" is absurd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    It is not a fact until proven.
    But you claim you don't believe in anything that starts with "I believe..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    But most hate on here doesn't come from atheists though, it comes from muslims.

What a vague comment this is. Would you mind defining "making a change in the world" and explaining how atheists can't do this and religious people presumably can?
    BS, 90%+ of the hate threads include the likes of you, the "super 6", hucktheforde, skip_snip, driftawaay, Dumachi etc...

Well i dont know you tell me, all im saying is that if you really want to put your ideals into place stop wasting your time on the internet and start a movement or a political party, who knows maybe you'll have a per-existing support base then you can get on with banning religion, deporting muslamics etc...

ReputationRep:
    That's not really why she blocked you but to sit there spouting religious sympathies and have the audacity to claim someone isn't "backing up their claims" is absurd
    What religious sympathies? And what? I asked for a reasonable debate and instead of proving me wrong she ran away and "blocked" me, so whats absurd is you trying to defend her for running away from a debate.

ReputationRep:
    Its not absurd at all. I'm glad she blocked me, one less arrogant bigoted cow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But you claim you don't believe in anything that starts with "I believe..."
    It's not evidence I am willing to accept as fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    BS, 90%+ of the hate threads include the likes of you, the "super 6", hucktheforde, skip_snip, driftawaay, Dumachi etc...

Nonsense, like many muslims here, you seem to be confusing criticism with hate, and they are clearly not the same thing. The ones who spew real hate (i.e. homosexuals are immoral, kuffar are evil and going to hell, adulterers will be punished, sex with slaves is allowed etc) are mostly muslims.

Well i dont know you tell me, all im saying is that if you really want to put your ideals into place stop wasting your time on the internet and start a movement or a political party, who knows maybe you'll have a per-existing support base then you can get on with banning religion, deporting muslamics etc...
    What do you mean by ideals into place? Atheism isn't a religion or ideology and hence has no "ideals". And most atheists aren't for banning religion or deporting muslims, don't conflate the views of a loony few to everyone.

And it's pointless to come onto a debate forum and then tell people to do something else. If you don't like what you read here than why are you here?

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that how Science usually works.

Someone believes in something (hypothesis), and then they test it out (i.e: studies) and then they form a conclusion based on the study provided.

Are you rejecting scientific methodology?
    But the hypothesis isn't the evidence though. You aren't taking the hypothesis as fact.
    You take the results and their implications from an experiment (most logical/likely conclusion) as fact. Even then, it's still open for improvement if evidence to the contrary appears. So no, she isn't rejecting scientific methodology.

ReputationRep:
    It's not evidence I am willing to accept as fact.
    Because it starts with "I believe...." and as a result, you refuse to read further.

Yeah, great logic there or should I say lack of logic.

ReputationRep:
    Because it starts with "I believe...." and as a result, you refuse to read further.

Yeah, great logic there or should I say lack of logic.
    K

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    But the hypothesis isn't the evidence though. You aren't taking the hypothesis as fact.
    You take the results and their implications from an experiment (most logical/likely conclusion) as fact. Even then, it's still open for improvement if evidence to the contrary appears. So no, she isn't rejecting scientific methodology.
    The poster refuses to read anything further if it starts with "I believe".

I was simply drawing parallels with scientific methodology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    ye and capitalism glorifies it. Which is why its more prone to corruption.
    capitalism glorifies human nature, right. and human beings are still human beings whether they're conditioned to be social or competitive - that would be why the soviet union is just as human post-1991 as it was before 1917. isn't that shocking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    capitalism glorifies human nature, right. and human beings are still human beings whether they're conditioned to be social or competitive - that would be why the soviet union is just as human post-1991 as it was before 1917. isn't that shocking...
    you're being silly =)

ReputationRep:
    The poster refuses to read anything further if it starts with "I believe".

I was simply drawing parallels with scientific methodology.
    No she doesn't, stop twisting it. She said she refuses to take it as evidence.

They don't bother me, but I don't know a lot about their views and anyone with views that are made from their religion rather than logic wouldn't be part of my new country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All right. Although it's best to actually read up on these things as it will help in future arguments. People should have an idea about the dogma they're arguing against. It's why I only respect people like Plantagenet Crown (There are others but I can't remember their names). Otherwise I don't really take the arguments of some atheists on here seriously.

Also please keep in mind that human beings are inherently evil, selfish and greedy. Because there is no religion in a state that doesn't mean that everyone will live harmoniously and happily. There will still be murder, corruption, rape etc. Which is why secular states are much better imo. People get to keep their beliefs (so long as they aren't harming anyone or proselytising) and those beliefs don't interfere with the politics of the state. It's a win win for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    What religious sympathies? And what? I asked for a reasonable debate and instead of proving me wrong she ran away and "blocked" me, so whats absurd is you trying to defend her for running away from a debate.
    The religious sympathies you are spouting throughout the thread? Maybe those? What's absurd is that you're so hard pressed at defending religion and complain when someone doesn't "back up their facts", because backing up facts is so commonplace in religion isn't it. No need to backtrack on your assertions because tbh seems like the only one running away from a debate is you.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.