Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain what's meant by balance of payments imbalances?
    I thought that it meant that there are imbalances between the components of the Bop, e.g. surpluses on the capital account and deficits on the current account, but the tutor2u toolkits definition is "persistent trade deficits or surpluses".
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    BOP imbalances in the form of a current account deficit is when more money is leaving a country then entering it. This is as a result of revenue from exports of goods and services, investment income and transfers from abroad bring less than expenditure on imports of goods/services, investment income and transfers going abroad.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asif_m96)
    BOP imbalances in the form of a current account deficit is when more money is leaving a country then entering it. This is as a result of revenue from exports of goods and services, investment income and transfers from abroad bring less than expenditure on imports of goods/services, investment income and transfers going abroad.

Hope that helps.
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    any attempts at predictions??
    what do you guys think of the APT mock? personally i think its complete trash. Most of those questions are poorly phrased and i think unlikely to feature in the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starwarsjedi123)
    any attempts at predictions??
    what do you guys think of the APT mock? personally i think its complete trash. Most of those questions are poorly phrased and i think unlikely to feature in the exam
    99% essay will be on Supply side

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for extract 2?

ReputationRep:
    Also, do we need to know about the consequences of Bop imbalances?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry to interrupt the thread but has there also been one created for transport f584 2016?

ReputationRep:
    What do we reckon the 20marker is on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    What do we reckon the 20marker is on?
    Supply side policies

ReputationRep:
    anyone who wants to make an attempt at what they think the 20 marker would be worded like???????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starwarsjedi123)
    anyone who wants to make an attempt at what they think the 20 marker would be worded like???????????
    "Discuss whether reforms to the supply side of the economy are key in promoting long term economic growth in Zambia" or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenro)
    Hi, sorry to interrupt the thread but has there also been one created for transport f584 2016?
    I haven't seen one, if there are enough of us taking it then we could make one? I think I've seen a couple of people around who do transport.

ReputationRep:
    Thread for Transport paper
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post65162821

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here bought Econplusdal's f585 model answer pack?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I have, and I would say it isn't worth the money. The answers aren't even very detailed, and very simple. So don't bother with them.

ReputationRep:
    can someone who has purchased the revision tool please take one for the team and post it online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Normal Economics)
    Yeh, I have, and I would say it isn't worth the money. The answers aren't even very detailed, and very simple. So don't bother with them.
    especially the 4,6 markers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I've compiled a list of all the question i think may come up for extract 1 (i've used gconomics, econplusdal, apt and my own little mind)

what is meant by globalisation (2 or 4mrks)
    what is meant by FDI (2)
    what is meant by trade barrier (2)
    state and explain 2 indicators of globalisation/ factors promoting globalisation (4)
    distinguish between absolute and comparative advantage (4)
    what is meant by MNC (2)
    explain why trade as a percentage of GDP may change (4)
    analyse the consequences of FDI (4 or 6 marks)
    analyse how reduction in trade barriers can increase whorl trade (6)
    analyse the effects of international trade (6)
    what is meant by protectionism (2)
    analyse 2 consequences of globalisation (4 or 6 marks)

Please let me know what you guys think, and should i do this for the other extracts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    Hi, was wondering if anybody had some model answers to the 15/20 markers set in past papers for Transport Economics, or where i could find these.
    Thank you.
    Yea I got some bro

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.