Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for biochemistry with industrial placement!^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sionedmairjones)
    Hi, I applied for radiotherapy last year (done a deferred entry so will be enrolling in 2016), and interviews were held on a 4 day period and were the same time as the radiography interviews. I received an invite in Feb for March so don't worry too much. It's not a first come first serve system anymore and therefore nobody will have an answer until after January really

Hey, thankyouu so much for replying Oh okay and did they make you guys do any assessments or something? And all this time I've been thinking that do that system because when I went for an open day at Cardiff University, the lecturers for Radiography had told me that for this year some people have already applied and got offers too But once again, thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morningstar49)
    Hey, thankyouu so much for replying Oh okay and did they make you guys do any assessments or something? And all this time I've been thinking that do that system because when I went for an open day at Cardiff University, the lecturers for Radiography had told me that for this year some people have already applied and got offers too But once again, thanks for the reply!
    No nothing like that! Jus an interview with the head of entries and a recent student who had just graduated but try and get in touch with a Radiography student as well encase yours is slightly different! No it used to be like that before but not anymore, I know a few that sent their PS on the deadline day and still got onto the course they wanted! Those people might have done the same as me then such as a deferred entry, but good luck anyhow!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Pharmacology?????

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Radiotherapy & Oncology last year (deferred entry) so already got my place. From Bethesda, North Wales

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFB2612)
    I applied for Mechanical Engineering and have an interview I'm from Cardiff 🤓

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck. I'm a Year 2 student here. Feel free to ask anything you want.

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for you guys to get a reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximus7)
    Yes, I'll be applying for Genetics! from Conwy, Wales.
    I've applied for genetics too! Where else have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    Applied for genetics, from Devon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukkkeee)
    Cardiff is my first choice but I'm unsure whether il receive an offer! Psychology, sociology and ICT! They aren't particularly 'preferred' subject which is why I'm unsure about whether il receive an offer
    Which course are you applying for? If it's for Psych you'll likely just get a higher offer ~ that's what it says on the website anyways!

and don't worry, I'm studying Psychology, Sociology and Film Studies AND I retook year 12. They must have really liked me because they gave me offers for both courses I applied for! (not Psychology though) So it's likely your subjects won't affect it

Btw hello fellow Cardiff-firmer!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from biomedical science (anatomy), sent my application on 13th november, still no news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MechanicalManiac)
    Good luck. I'm a Year 2 student here. Feel free to ask anything you want.
    Ive got an interview too, its on Tuesday and I've been trying to prepare myself for what to say to possible questions, do you have any advice on what to bring up or ask them about? Also do you know what sort of questions they might ask us?
    thanks!
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I'm going to comp sci applicant day on Wednesday which starts at 11 but my coach gets to Cardiff by 11:15-20. I'm so scared I'll be missing out on something important :afraid: or worse, them going to visit the Software Academy in Newport without me :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from biomedical science (anatomy) from cardiff sent on 13th November
    How long do they takee?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What accomodation are people thinking they're going to go for??😃😃🏠🏡🏫

(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I'm going to comp sci applicant day on Wednesday which starts at 11 but my coach gets to Cardiff by 11:15-20. I'm so scared I'll be missing out on something important :afraid: or worse, them going to visit the Software Academy in Newport without me :afraid:
    Should've booked an earlier coach then.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Or don't get off at Cardiff and meet them in Newport. :L
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Should've booked an earlier coach then.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Or don't get off at Cardiff and meet them in Newport. :L
    It's the first coach leaving, I'm not that daft. :lol:

I called and they said that they'll be giving a welcome talk by the time I arrive so I won't be missing too much.

It's the first coach leaving, I'm not that daft. :lol:

I called and they said that they'll be giving a welcome talk by the time I arrive so I won't be missing too much.
    But you will be the person who arrives late and has the whole auditorium turning around and staring at her in a judgemental fashion. :ahee:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    But you will be the person who arrives late and has the whole auditorium turning around and staring at her in a judgemental fashion. :ahee:
    Thanks for calming my nerves.

Thanks for calming my nerves.
    Anything for you, Hatless Cat.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 30, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.