The Student Room Group

2016 PPE Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by vjcx
Anyone heard from Kings or UCL? I had a rejection from LSE back in December

Not heard from UCL yet - only sent module grades form.

Do you know what the reason for lse rejction was?
Reply 181
Original post by fran143
Not heard from UCL yet - only sent module grades form.

Do you know what the reason for lse rejction was?

I don't think I've been asked to complete module grades form from UCL yet... Did they email you or request it through the online service? LSE rejection was 'insufficient academic profile' I think because I am re-sitting
Reply 182
Original post by vjcx
I don't think I've been asked to complete module grades form from UCL yet... Did they email you or request it through the online service? LSE rejection was 'insufficient academic profile' I think because I am re-sitting

Ah, that's unlucky. And they emailed me requesting module grades
What offers have people been getting from York vs Exeter? As I'm applying a year late Ive got unconditionals from both and am struttling to choose between the two; which has greater respect/graduate prospects?

Ive noticed Exeter is currently ranked higher (overall, and Pol/Econ/Phil individually) but York has has consistently higher rankings over the years. Also, York gives out typical offers of A*AA-AAA vs AAA-AAB at Exeter. Also, theres clearly no individual ranking for PPE.

Thanks guys.
Original post by Slow_Philosopher
What offers have people been getting from York vs Exeter? As I'm applying a year late Ive got unconditionals from both and am struttling to choose between the two; which has greater respect/graduate prospects?

Ive noticed Exeter is currently ranked higher (overall, and Pol/Econ/Phil individually) but York has has consistently higher rankings over the years. Also, York gives out typical offers of A*AA-AAA vs AAA-AAB at Exeter. Also, theres clearly no individual ranking for PPE.

Thanks guys.

AAA from Exeter on the year abroad programme - still waiting on LSE and UCL though! :frown: Not looking hopeful tbh
anyone else got rejected from Warwick :frown: , is it possible to try again through ucas adjustment from a university that rejected you?
Original post by Chamelean
Offers from York and Durham, rejected by Oxford (St John's) waiting on UCL and LSE

Also got an offer from Durham, rejected by Oxford, and waiting on UCL, what's your Durham College? Mine's St. Mary's
Reply 187
Currently I have.. two rejections - LSE (because of my PS), Oxford (post interview)
one offer :-) from Durham
and I'm waiting for UCL and Warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone applying to do PPE with IB rather than ALevels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachelod21
Anyone applying to do PPE with IB rather than ALevels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me!
I'm currently deciding on whether to do a levels or IB. How have u found applying to do PPE with IB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for UCL back in October.

Anybody else not even been asked for module scores yet? I got my ID thing through within a week but been forever since I heard anything else.

Anybody else not even been asked for module scores yet? I got my ID thing through within a week but been forever since I heard anything else.

Do not worry, you are far from being alone. UCL has what they call a 'semi gathered field' - a 'gathered field' means that a Uni will wait until all the applications are in (Jan 15) and proceed from there. It is frustrating, but hang in there.
Reply 193

Don't worry, I have applied to UCL in October too 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
I'm still waiting on UCL also. Does anyone know how the applications are processed, particularly regarding communications from the university, for example I see a few people talking about stream emails and module request, are these required for all students and what order should you expect them?
Original post by vjcx
I'm still waiting on UCL also. Does anyone know how the applications are processed, particularly regarding communications from the university, for example I see a few people talking about stream emails and module request, are these required for all students and what order should you expect them?

Haven't had any stream requests either man, its not just you.
I got a diploma in BTEC Hairdressing. I'm applying for PPE at Oxford.

Me too, I have had a module request though
Reply 198

Good to know, thanks.
Where else did you apply?
York or King's for PPE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending