Would you do a 3 day unpaid trial in a shop? Watch

Souljer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've done it for 3days then they told me to cone back for another so told them to bugger off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i<3milkshake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Souljer)
I've done it for 3days then they told me to cone back for another so told them to bugger off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is fair enough. I don't blame you for doing that because that would be exploitation.
I'm not saying exploitation doesn't exist, I'm just saying that three days is not it.
Jahana
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No fcking way. Trials rob you for your free time. I've had experience with this
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SuperWolfPaws)
yup, i'm job seeking, got an interview, interview went ok , and then the lady said, 'the next stage of the recruitment process is to work unpaid trail for a few days'

Would you do it? is it legal?

Oh wow,how has my life come to this :rofl:
Depends how much I wanted the job. Although I have mentioned previously on a different post that I completed a 6 week "work placement" programme with Asda a couple a years ago when I was desperate for a job but I found a different position by the end of it and turned it down because it was sssssooooo BORING. But that was my experience and it will obviously be different people so I am not bashing the company as a whole just the one store. The issue with so many people looking for jobs is that some employers will take advantage with these trials and such. The placement I completed was exploitation in hindsight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (158)
59.18%
No I haven't decided yet (63)
23.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.23%

Watched Threads