The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Congrats to all who got interviews!!! :smile: I feel so happy for you and hope that all of you do well on your interviews! :smile: So excited that they've already responded to some but also feel that's so early :wink:

Could anyone please also tell me what was your ukcat?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Beenieeee
GUYS, has anyone applied to both Oxford and King's and just got a King's interview?
I'm freaking out bc I don't know what to do?!?!

King's want a response in one week, even though the interview reply deadline is 8/12/15???
But do you think they will reschedule for a possible Oxford interview?? Will it lower my chances? King's is an absolute dream and I'd love to go, but I don't want to risk Oxford?? :/ (after the BMAT an interview seems highly unlikely, but still)

Oxford give out dates on 2nd/ 3rd Dec for either 13-14th Dec or 14-15th, and you can't reschedule theirs.

But my King's interview is 15th Dec morning? And I really don't want it rescheduled for mock time, or like March or something. Or even worse, NOT RESCHEDULED AT ALL, which is possible apparently?!

Original post by thechemistress
Oxford interview 13-14/14-15 so if I get an Oxford interview (which you can't reschedule) then I'm screwed :frown: don't know what to do :/

I'm in exactly the same situation about my king's interview and I don't know what to do!!
Original post by melody19
I'm in exactly the same situation about my king's interview and I don't know what to do!!

It feels like a test, they're trying to weed out who is applying to Oxford :'(

I'm going to wait until the BMAT result I think?

I want to call King's but I don't want them to think I'm even slightly disinterested
Did all of you who got interview invite received on their my applications portal or through email?
Original post by anvar333
Did all of you who got interview invite received on their my applications portal or through email?

I got an email saying that something on the portal has changed and then the portal told me that I got an interview :smile:
Anyone else got an interview on the 15th December? If so, what time?
Could anyone who got interview share their stats please ?
Original post by Jack354
Just wondering, could you link me to a place where I can find whether Kings has prosection or dissection? I can't seem to find any info on the website...

Yeah unsure where it is on the website, but from experience in first year you get a bit more hands on experience with dissecting through the chest wall to reach all organs in the abdomen/thorax. In second there isn't as much dissection but a shift to prosection since generally the limbs are a lot more difficult for beginners to dissect without tearing someone of the muscles.

I am unsure if that shift was just from first to second, or if the uni is phasing out dissection in favour of prosection now. But the way the anatomy sessions work is as follows:

Say you're doing the lungs. You'll have a lecture or two regarding the anatomy of the lungs. Then you will have a two hour dissection session a few days later. This will start with a talk from the head of anatomy (So first years, that's Dr Hunter), who will show you on a prosection what he wants you to look for. Then you and your tutorial group will be assigned one cadaver to use throughout the whole year. You will dissect through to the lungs and look for everything relevant. You'll be guided by an anatomy demonstrator, who is usually a final year or close to final year student who can will effectively lead, dissect the more difficult parts, and generally teach you and answer any questions.
Reply 188
Could anyone who got interview share their stats please ?

UKCAT : 775
AS: 4As
GCSEs: 10A*s, 2As
Predicted grades: 3A*s, A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone left who didnt get any response from Kings yet ?
Is anyone left who didnt get any response from Kings yet ?

Me :frown:
Original post by Lozzie97
Anyone else got an interview on the 15th December? If so, what time?

Yes i don! 115 how about you?
I don't either:
Ukcat 692.5
9 A*s 3 As
4 As AS
a* a* a predictions A2
Original post by khaopoad
Me :frown:
Got an interview 👌🏾 ukcat : 737.5
Original post by HarryAgo6
Yes i don! 115 how about you?

2:15. Gonna come early because I'm relying on trains and I've not actually visited Kings yet so might wonder round aimlessly. :P
I didn't get an interview :frown: But my UKCAT is 797.5
Reply 196
Original post by sugarmelodies
I didn't get an interview :frown: But my UKCAT is 797.5

What are your other stats?

Are you UK or overseas?

Don't worry, with a score like that you'll have a great chance.
Original post by MGM
What are your other stats?

Are you UK or overseas?

Don't worry, with a score like that you'll have a great chance.

I'm an overseas applicant, so my qualification is very different. But I have a classmate who has a lower UKCAT score than me but she got an interview invitation already :frown:
Got an interview, ukcat 705
Original post by millieprime
Got an interview, ukcat 705

What are your GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest