Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midgeymoo17)
    Is king's my first choice? Yes and no. I am retaking year 13 so of those that I stand a realistic chance of getting King's is most definitely my first choice. However I will be applying to Manchester which if I was graced with an offer would be my first choice but I do not hold out much hope for actually receiving an offer.

My Predictions?
    My grades from last year are ABB a*- Maths, Physics, Chemistry at A level and EPQ Respectively.
    Now Changed college my predictions for this year are in the range of A*AAB-A*A*A* B (most likely outcome A*A*AB) with the new additional subject being Further Maths, total a level resit in Physics and a single paper resit in Maths as I got the notational a* in C3 but did really bad in C4.

Guessing What else you might ask:
    GCSE Grades: 4xA* 5xA 1xB plus a B in a short course and Level 2 thinking and reasoning with distinction and level 2 award in creative arts.
    AS Grdae B in History.
    Reason for redoing- extenuating circumstances like by the bucket load.
    Oh wow, you seem to have a really good chance if you ask me. But Im worried my predictions wont be eneough to get me an offer, but i still have a chance to change them.
    Btw do you think if you got an offer and didnt the grades, would you still have a chance of getting in?
    And have you sent your ucas of yet?

Sorry for all the questions btw, your like the first person i met thats applying for physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Oh wow, you seem to have a really good chance if you ask me. But Im worried my predictions wont be eneough to get me an offer, but i still have a chance to change them.
    Btw do you think if you got an offer and didnt the grades, would you still have a chance of getting in?
    And have you sent your ucas of yet?

Sorry for all the questions btw, your like the first person i met thats applying for physics
    It's cool. To your second question I recommend you read the person who was previously quoting me on page 2 of this thread-

The summation of what she said pointed out that last summer Kings College failed to fill the places on their straight physics course and therefore places in clearing. I saw this but due mental health was not ready to go to University, so I did not ring them. However the person points out that a friend in my exact position with a ABB did ring up about physics and was accepted. So yes there is a real chance evenif I make no change to my grade I will still get a place a Kings. However no guarantees as their normal offer is set at AAA-AAB and applications to physics may rise this year after falling last year.

No I have not sent my UCAS will probably do it before next Friday- as my teacher also needs to write the letter/ fill in the extenuating circumstances form for my choices.

As for your predictions what are they? If you do not mind me asking. Can you not just ask them to increase one by a grade if it's just one subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDHOrchard)
    Applied on Monday, and just got my offer for History! AAA!
    Congratulations! What were your AS grades if you don't mind me asking? Just applied for history a few days ago as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDHOrchard)
    Applied on Monday, and just got my offer for History! AAA!
    Congrats!! I got my offer on Tuesday (after applying last Friday) ) YeaaAH history
    Join the group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1622...group_activity

ReputationRep:
    It's cool. To your second question I recommend you read the person who was previously quoting me on page 2 of this thread-

The summation of what she said pointed out that last summer Kings College failed to fill the places on their straight physics course and therefore places in clearing. I saw this but due mental health was not ready to go to University, so I did not ring them. However the person points out that a friend in my exact position with a ABB did ring up about physics and was accepted. So yes there is a real chance evenif I make no change to my grade I will still get a place a Kings. However no guarantees as their normal offer is set at AAA-AAB and applications to physics may rise this year after falling last year.

No I have not sent my UCAS will probably do it before next Friday- as my teacher also needs to write the letter/ fill in the extenuating circumstances form for my choices.

As for your predictions what are they? If you do not mind me asking. Can you not just ask them to increase one by a grade if it's just one subject?
    Currently they are ABC in Physics, Maths and Economics, but i have mocks next week which my school says can help your predcitions, so im hoping to get economics to a B, and hoefully maths to an A. Kings admissions guy said I'd get an offer with AAB( A in maths and physics). The only problem is that I got a C in maths last year because I messed up C2, so even if i get an A* in these mocks idk if it would get me an A predicition. So i could be left with ABB. But like you said Physics was in clearing last year, which I was a bit suprised by, its really hard to say whats gonna happen this time. After these mocks, if i dont get that A in maths, Im gonna speak to them and see what happens.
    Ps. You know when you said that Physics places last year werent filled, what makes you think it would fill up this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boyyo)
    Currently they are ABC in Physics, Maths and Economics, but i have mocks next week which my school says can help your predcitions, so im hoping to get economics to a B, and hoefully maths to an A. Kings admissions guy said I'd get an offer with AAB( A in maths and physics). The only problem is that I got a C in maths last year because I messed up C2, so even if i get an A* in these mocks idk if it would get me an A predicition. So i could be left with ABB. But like you said Physics was in clearing last year, which I was a bit suprised by, its really hard to say whats gonna happen this time. After these mocks, if i dont get that A in maths, Im gonna speak to them and see what happens.
    Ps. You know when you said that Physics places last year werent filled, what makes you think it would fill up this year?
    I did not say I think it would fill. What I was trying express is that nationally in the 2014/2015 application cycle the number of applicants for physics fell significantly/ measurably compared with the 2013/2014 admission cycle. Therefore in this cycle 2015/2016 it is likely physics applications in general will rise compared with last year. Making competition for places in general harder than last year when person went to kings with an A and BB.

ReputationRep:
    I did not say I think it would fill. What I was trying express is that nationally in the 2014/2015 application cycle the number of applicants for physics fell significantly/ measurably compared with the 2013/2014 admission cycle. Therefore in this cycle 2015/2016 it is likely physics applications in general will rise compared with last year. Making competition for places in general harder than last year when person went to kings with an A and BB.
    Ohh yeah i see, well good luck with your applciation

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to business management or studying it? i want to know if i do an access course will i be able to study at kings or will i have a better chance at doing a-levels? im 19 and lets just say my academic history is very poor due personal problems. i only studied 2 gcse subjects math/english; the rest were btecs. i would love to know if i will be even considered as an applicant

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Chemistry with biomedicine as my fifth choice (applying for medicine) no response yet

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Maths at Kings as my fifth choice no response yet as well . 😓😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeyore_17)
    I've applied for biomed engineering, anyone else? probably not, noone else seems to be haha! does anyone know if you would get something via the kings portal thing or from UCAS?
    I'm applying for this course too How were your AS levels?

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my application 4 days ago for English. Still waiting to hear back :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jillian27)
    I'm applying for this course too How were your AS levels?
    haha I've just realised i'm talking to you too on the glasgow chat! ABBC where else you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaseho98)
    Got an offer for BSc Psychology!!
    Good luck to everyone else! XX
    Omg congraaaatz!! Do you if i ask what prediction and AS grades have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope I can one day be on here and express my joy at getting accepted. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I hope I can one day be on here and express my joy at getting accepted. Fingers crossed.
    LOOL ikrrrrrr, only a few more months left till we find out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeyore_17)
    haha I've just realised i'm talking to you too on the glasgow chat! ABBC where else you applied for?
    I didnt realise haha Glasgow, KCL, Queen Mary London, Sheffield and City as a back up You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkofaneyee)
    Omg congraaaatz!! Do you if i ask what prediction and AS grades have you got?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was predicted 3As

AS: A* (EPQ), A (Psych), B (Bio), B(maths), B (French) and C (Chem)

Tbh not the best set of grades, but I believe they saw something more to my application! So best of luck to you too, pm me if you have anymore of questions xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am hopefully applying tomorrow for Human Biology. Is anyone else? Congrats on offers! It sounds like Kings are pretty quick thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    I applied two weeks ago to study Geography but still no news!!
    I got 10A* at GCSE and 96% UMS at AS Geography.
    Has anyone received an offer for Geog yet?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.