Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German Hunter pays £39,000 to kill largest elephant in living memory watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    You are just as much in denial as redferry. Of course people are allowed to do whatever they want. My point is they're hypocrites. They can eat animals, rape animals, torture animals and do whatever they want. It is wrong, inhumane, doesn't make sense to me, but obviously you don't want to hear about or acknowledge any of that.
    You sound like the kinda guy to watch Cowspiracy and then talk about it to a bunch of uninterested people at a party.

I just bought a new cookbook with a fantastic recipe for five spice duck. I share the same sentiment as DiddyDec. I will cook this duck in your honour. I will name my slaughtered duck rock climber86 and it will be beautiful and crispy, just like you.

ReputationRep:
    your examples are a bit different and not really relevant to the topic of climate change. The plain and simple truth of the matter is that eating meat, cheese and drinking milk is bad for the environment. If a scientist doesn't acknowledge this anywhere in their research and bangs on about killing Venison then I cannot take them seriously. Any good, honest, impartial scientist would acknowledge that the dairy and meat industries are bad for this planet. redferry for god knows what reasons thinks it is okay to kill animals on environmental reasons. She is completely neglecting the fact that the animals have been eating, ****ting, adding lots of greenhouse gases to the atmosphere before they are killed. If you really cared about the environment you should stop eating meat and consuming animal products.

If you want to kill venisons on environmental grounds, you might as well kill humans too, because we're doing the most environmental damage to this planet.
    It's not my remit to talk about those things - I study the effect of climate change on one species, which has massiveley benefitted from cattle ranching in my study site so it'd be pretty hypocritical to knock it.

I'm not really sure you understand how science works to be honest.

You refused to acknowledge my argument ok killing deer at all so why bring it back up? I'm a conservationist, of course I think killing deer to protect biodiversity is important and right. Unlike you, who'd rather see them as the only species left in the UK countryside as long as no animal dies by human hands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Have you ever studied, well anything at all?

Your arguments seem way too similar to that of a year 7 religious studies teacher who failed their education and became a teacher.

My arguments were perfectly valid and related - they related a profession, to what they know against how they actually act. Just like you did, and I proved how ridiculous you're being.

Just because they're a little bad for the planet, doesn't mean we should stop it all together. There are too many things that we do that are much worse for the planet than eating meat, but I bet you wouldn't give them up.
    No they're not. A hypocrite would be someone who campaigns to stop eating meat for environments sake, but then eats meat themselves.

Someone is not a hypocrite if they simply acknowledge a primary/ secondary effect of their actions, but still choose to do them regardless, because they feel the positives outweight the negatives. That's called choice, not hypocrisy.

How can you even compare picking up something from a supermarket against physically raping or torturing an animal. Lmaooo
    I will not reply to any more of your messages. You've clearly shown yourself to be a ignorant man who just resorts to name calling because you have no answer to my factual points. Go bully someone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    You sound like the kinda guy to watch Cowspiracy and then talk about it to a bunch of uninterested people at a party.

I just bought a new cookbook with a fantastic recipe for five spice duck. I share the same sentiment as DiddyDec. I will cook this duck in your honour. I will name my slaughtered duck rock climber86 and it will be beautiful and crispy, just like you.
    Churlish and Childish. Enjoy your live you savage man. What goes around comes around :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Very churlish and childish. Go ahead, my conscience is clear.

I do not trust meat-eating, cheese eating, milk drinking climate change scientists who do not acknowledge their diet is one of the biggest contributors to climate change. As far as I'm concerned if they fail to acknowledge this simple truth then all their work is biased for glossing over this important fact.
    so not eating meat because of its impact on climate change is the same as not acknowledging diet as one of the biggest contributors to climate change now.

Riiiiiight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    It's not my remit to talk about those things - I study the effect of climate change on one species, which has massiveley benefitted from cattle ranching in my study site so it'd be pretty hypocritical to knock it.

I'm not really sure you understand how science works to be honest.

You refused to acknowledge my argument ok killing deer at all so why bring it back up? I'm a conservationist, of course I think killing deer to protect biodiversity is important and right. Unlike you, who'd rather see them as the only species left in the UK countryside as long as no animal dies by human hands.
    Your priorities are different to mine. I don't give two craps about biodiversity. For me animal life is more important. I'd rather animals weren't killed at all even if that meant a few species of plant would go extinct as a result. Also it beggars belief you won't agree with me that a human cull would be far more beneficial to the planet than culling deer. You are very narrow minded and are not seeing the big picture.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't extinction at like it's highest rates ever at the moment? Not sure, just remember reading about it.
    Probably not ever, but it is believed we are undergoing a 6th mass extinction event yes.

ReputationRep:
    Churlish and Childish. Enjoy your live you savage man. What goes around comes around :rolleyes:
    If somebody offered to season me in aromatic five spice and fry me on a medium-high heat I'd happily oblidge.

Would you stop wild animals from eating eachother?

Savage? I'm the kind of guy to snort cocaine off a chicken breast. You're damn f***ing right i'm savage. I'm the Wolf of Vegan Street, baby.

ReputationRep:
    Your priorities are different to mine. I don't give two craps about biodiversity. For me animal life is more important. I'd rather animals weren't killed at all even if that meant a few species of plant would go extinct as a result. Also it beggars belief you won't agree with me that a human cull would be far more beneficial to the planet than culling deer. You are very narrow minded and are not seeing the big picture.
    But without biodiversity most animals would die? Your logic is so twisted :/ you'd rather deer suffered a long slow starvation than a quick bullet to the head...

Of course culling people would be more beneficial but obviously that isn't an option, not that is want it to be, there are better more ethical ways to bring the human population down that unfortunateley aren't available in animals (education, contraception)

ReputationRep:
    But without biodiversity most animals would die? Your logic is so twisted :/ you'd rather deer suffered a long slow starvation than a quick bullet to the head...

Of course culling people would be more beneficial but obviously that isn't an option, not that is want it to be, there are better more ethical ways to bring the human population down that unfortunateley aren't available in animals (education, contraception)
    What if the next holocaust is committed by conservationist extremists :eek:

ReputationRep:

Thank you! Now let's move onto ethics. What gives us the right to kill non-human animals without their permission? They don't farm and kill us on an industrial scale without our permission. Why are we doing this to them? They don't rape our women with random men's semen and kill their babies so they can drink our milk. Why do we do this to them? They don't kill us because we are destroying the planet. Why are we killing them on this pretence?

This should be interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Now let's move onto ethics. What gives us the right to kill non-human animals without their permission? They don't farm and kill us on an industrial scale without our permission. Why are we doing this to them? They don't rape our women with random men's semen and kill their babies so they can drink our milk. Why do we do this to them? They don't kill us because we are destroying the planet. Why are we killing them on this pretence?

This should be interesting...
    If they could, they probably would though....

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he's such a legend. I wish more rich people were that cool.
    Such a useful inheritance to leave.

I think probably a lot of rich people would like to be more like that and some good-natured and friendly nudging would produce more. It isn't all a picture of greedy *******s wrecking the planet to build bigger and bigger yachts, although that's also part of the picture.

ReputationRep:
    If they could, they probably would though....
    I very much doubt that. They have more compassion than mankind ever will.

ReputationRep:
    I very much doubt that. They have more compassion than mankind ever will.
    Ahh, typical vegetarian/vegan bs. Associated human emotions with animals. Would you like me to send you videos of elephants intentionally raiding HUMAN settlements (the humans were not in their territory) and destroying houses and killing children?

What about a video of a sloth bear that wanders into a village and mauls a villager to death? I've seen it.

What about the fact that animals eat eachother? If animals were so 'compassionate', surely every animal would be vegetarian?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, typical vegetarian/vegan bs. Associated human emotions with animals. Would you like me to send you videos of elephants intentionally raiding HUMAN settlements (the humans were not in their territory) and destroying houses and killing children?

What about a video of a sloth bear that wanders into a village and mauls a villager to death? I've seen it.

What about the fact that animals eat eachother? If animals were so 'compassionate', surely every animal would be vegetarian?
    So you are justifying the torture and murder of 160 million animals every day because one elephant flattened one village and one sloth killed one human? Sorry sonny, i'm not convinced they are savages like mankind.
    :moon:

ReputationRep:
    So you are justifying the torture and murder of 160 million animals every day because one elephant flattened one village and one sloth killed one human? Sorry sonny, i'm not convinced they are savages like mankind.
    :moon:
    I didn't say it justified it. You shouldn't attribute human emotions to animals. Animals certainly have a complex array of emotions, but they don't manifest themselves in the same way human emotions do.

You didn't answer the question. Is it okay for animals to eat eachother?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say it justified it. You shouldn't attribute human emotions to animals. Animals certainly have a complex array of emotions, but they don't manifest themselves in the same way human emotions do.

You didn't answer the question. Is it okay for animals to eat eachother?
    Why not? Are you trying to tell me i'm better and superior to animals so shouldn't care that they are reared for meat and dairy and are tortured and killed? Rubbish. It's called compassion. True compassion. Not what all you 'animal loving' meat-eating hypocrites think is compassion.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Are you trying to tell me i'm better and superior to animals so shouldn't care that they are reared for meat and dairy and are tortured and killed? Rubbish. It's called compassion. True compassion. Not what all you 'animal loving' meat-eating hypocrites think is compassion.
    Yes, you are better and you are superior to animals. If I had a choice, I would save your life over a stray dog.

I would save my mother, my daughter, my brother, my son over the family pet in a life or death situation.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you are better and you are superior to animals. If I had a choice, I would save your life over a stray dog.

I would save my mother, my daughter, my brother, my son over the family pet in a life or death situation.
    Well i'm flattered but I'd rather you treated animals as equals. That's the difference between me and you. You see animals are inferior. I see them as equals and indeed superior to us in many ways. They don't raise other animals for food and use their products. They don't destroy the planet. They live in harmony with nature unlike us.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.