Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a devout atheist.

Didn't change the fact that I had to parade a Union Flag through a church three years running.

I respect it and all, but not my cup of tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asuna Yuuki)
    I am a devout atheist.

Didn't change the fact that I had to parade a Union Flag through a church three years running.

I respect it and all, but not my cup of tea.
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to any of the Hillsong events?

---
    this is a good example
    http://weloveshortvideos.com/post/13...pastor-real-af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    Have you been to any of the Hillsong events?

---
    this is a good example
    http://weloveshortvideos.com/post/13...pastor-real-af
    That was entertaining get truthful! I haven't been unfortunately,what're they?

ReputationRep:
    I do. Every weekend and I really like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    That was entertaining get truthful! I haven't been unfortunately,what're they?

Hillsong are another great church to go to, I've been a couple of times. They are at the Dominion Theatre, Tottenham Court Road.

http://hillsong.com/london/

ReputationRep:
    I attend a Catholic church, but not regularly. I left Christianity for a while, and was an atheist for a time. I came back to faith recently, and looking to see what church would fit best with how I see Jesus, now, and I don't want to attend a church that forgets about Jesus, and makes it more about the church.

ReputationRep:
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

I've been slacking but would love to go on a regular basis myself.
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but rather widen it as its coming back to life - is anyone out there in the TSR community studying to be a Christian minister of any sort? or going into ministry??

Personally I was thinking http://vineyardinstitute.org/ for me but still researching anything else near London.

ReputationRep:
    I've been telling myself to go every Sunday for the past 5 years ever since I stopped going to a private Catholic school, but so far the best I could do is go on Christmas and Easter... or when it involves a funeral...
    Either Christian or Catholic church is what I'll go to.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I go every weekend and I really like it, I feel myself close to god when I go and it's a really nice feeling!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

No. I would burst into flames if I walked into a church.

ReputationRep:
    i dont go cus im athiest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skeptique)
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but rather widen it as its coming back to life - is anyone out there in the TSR community studying to be a Christian minister of any sort? or going into ministry??

Personally I was thinking http://vineyardinstitute.org/ for me but still researching anything else near London.
    That's great. Have you ever been to HTB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    No. I would burst into flames if I walked into a church.

Johnny Storm ehh??

ReputationRep:
    Someone prayed a prophetic prayer this morning at church which spoke right into a situation I am facing at the moment, God has a way of letting you know you are not dealing with stuff alone.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Someone prayed a prophetic prayer this morning at church which spoke right into a situation I am facing at the moment, God has a way of letting you know you are not dealing with stuff alone.
    Really glad to hear that someone's words spoke to you at church, it's really powerful and even life-changing/life-affirming when that happens

I attend communion services on Sundays and all times of obligation.

I am a member of the Church of England (adult convert), but follow Orthodox lines of theology. Hence, I call myself Anglo-Orthodox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Really glad to hear that someone's words spoke to you at church, it's really powerful and even life-changing/life-affirming when that happens
    It really is and this morning it was just what I needed.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go at Christmas to sing with my school, but otherwise nope.

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking forward to singing some Christmas carols and going to a Christmas concert.

I actually cannot wait for midnight mass this year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.