The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Personally I think they should be taken off when entering a building, if nothing else for recognition and identification and as a sign of respect. Same principle as hats, you don't leave those on.

I'm all for you practicing your religions, by all means, go ahead... but lets face it, it's a piece of fabric. I'm not sure where the religion is in that?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ryanx623
Personally I think they should be taken off when entering a building, if nothing else for recognition and identification and as a sign of respect. Same principle as hats, you don't leave those on.

I'm all for you practicing your religions, but lets face it, it's a piece of fabric. Where's the religion in that?

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm all for you practicing your religions, but lets face it, it's a piece of fabric. Where's the religion in that?

Okay, Sheikh Ryan.
Yes, I haven't seen any convincing reasons why not.
Original post by United1892
Yes, I haven't seen any convincing reasons why not.

Feel free to counter any of the points I made. if you feel they aren't convincing.
Original post by tazarooni89
x

Original post by tehforum
x

Can you guys continue in the "... try again" format?

it was really entertaining :yy:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 186

I'm all for you practicing your religions, by all means, go ahead... but lets face it, it's a piece of fabric. I'm not sure where the religion is in that?

Agree 100%
Literally never seen a doctor with a full face veil. Is this really even an issue?
Reply 188
Original post by Etomidate
Literally never seen a doctor with a full face veil. Is this really even an issue?

will be soon
If i go to a hospital or GP surgery, it's because i need to be treated urgently because it's affecting my life, so as long as the doctor can help me and give me sound advice, prescribing me the best choice of medication then i don't really care if they wear a veil, after all i might not even see them again or if i do it won't be anytime soon. I'm trying to remember some doctors who treated me before and i can't even remember what they look like so obviously i'm not interested in their looks, i just want to make sure they are good at their job.
Original post by saxsan4
will be soon

I just looked at this comment and laughed then i saw your profile pic and was like "Oh he's being serious". Seriously though, we have a shortage of doctors and nurses and if someone wears a full face veil, they are still qualified. They've gone to university, done like 4 years in med school, came out with an honors degree so i would be like "Thank God you came to work in this hospital instead instead of leaving to work abroad"
Original post by preetg97
Ok. Maybe you ought to take a look at your disgusting, childish, narrow minded attitude and maybe then you'll understand why people feel a certain way about you. :smile:

I disagreed with everything you said :smile:
Original post by Dima-Blackburn
Okay, Sheikh Ryan.

Surely you respect the rules of the building you go into, and if removing clothing is part of the rules then so be it. If those rules don't satisfy you then don't enter, simples :smile:
Original post by amran.97
christianaphobia doesnt exist first of all, and integration into society doesnt mean the abandonment of your own culture + religion and its selfish and ethnocentric to think so maybe u should try not being so narrow minded :smile:

im not being narrow minded. I was referring to what the lady in the video said. So maybe you should actually have paid attention to what i wrote :smile:

but maybe other cultures should adopt more to mainstream and they should stop being so narrow minded. That sword cuts both ways
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gears265
I disagreed with everything you said :smile:

Cool :smile:
Original post by tehforum
And we've already gone through the argument re: professional judgement and how the general lay public cannot be trusted to take off their veil when the situation requires it, hence a full ban is necessary.

Yes, but I asked you about when it's the doctor who is the one wearing the veil.

You can't argue that a Muslim would wear a face mask instead of a veil because it's wholly absurd.

What's absurd about it? If they want to cover their face they'll cover it with whatever they're allowed to use.

More to the point, Helenia who is a doctor has already established that doctors take off their mask when it isn't needed.

The question is whether or not they should be forced to do so.
Original post by Good bloke
No surgeon has ever spoken to me while wearing a mask, not even in the pre-op area.

I don't think this matters. The question is whether or not there should be a formal rule requiring them not to wear the mask at those times.
Original post by tazarooni89
Yes, but I asked you about when it's the doctor who is the one wearing the veil.

What's absurd about it? If they want to cover their face they'll cover it with whatever they're allowed to use.

The question is whether or not they should be forced to do so.

I think it's a case of avoiding double standards, even though doctors would be able to exercise their judgement. I can imagine a huge uproar if doctors were able to wear veils, but patients weren't.

Putting aside the assertion that wearing a face mask in lieu of a veil is absurd, then it would lead to the ban of wearing face masks for its intended purpose.
Personally I wouldn't mind as long as they are doing their job what's the problem?
Reply 199
Original post by _icecream
Personally I wouldn't mind as long as they are doing their job what's the problem?

You wouldn't have any problem speaking with people wearing this?

"I'm very competent."

Latest

Trending

Trending