Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lea, we're in the same flat!, what course are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickiistevens)
    Hi Nick,

Communications and Cultural Studies. Are you in that Facebook group? For Rayleigh tower?

ReputationRep:
    Welldone!, yeah im on the facebook page.

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Does anybody know if Essex are lenient for grades on results day? How low do they go down in terms of Alevels

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Essex is my firm choice I'm doing management economics I need a BBB, I've applied to be in south court accommodation, but haven't got a reply yet. Hopefully, I get it.

How long do you have to wait to get a reply on the accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, when i applied it wasnt as a student, i had finished my a levels a couples year ago so i got an unconditional offer. My course asked Abb but they accepted me with Acc. Essex do tend to interview alot so for me this certainly helped as my grades werent as strong as most. Hope this helps. Nick
    (Original post by Toto123)
    Hi. Does anybody know if Essex are lenient for grades on results day? How low do they go down in terms of Alevels

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i applied in early march after receieving my offer and got my accommodation offer late April. Essex say it can take around 6 weeks. Hope this helps Nick.

(Original post by RhInO_bEaSt)
    Hi, Essex is my firm choice I'm doing management economics I need a BBB, I've applied to be in south court accommodation, but haven't got a reply yet. Hopefully, I get it.

How long do you have to wait to get a reply on the accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i applied in early march after receieving my offer and got my accommodation offer late April. Essex say it can take around 6 weeks. Hope this helps Nick.
    thanks, I applied in the easter holidays, so I think that's about 5 weeks, but I'll be looking out

ReputationRep:
    I have made Essex University (Colchester Campus) as my firm choice even after they gave me wrong information for entry requirement which put me on stress at this stage. So it's more like a gambling for me now. I am going to study Computer Science (including a year abroad)
    However back to my question, I don't know about the Essex accommodation, so if anybody have any idea or suggestion then please share it with me as I have to apply for the accommodation as soon as possible.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joni.786)
    I have made Essex University (Colchester Campus) as my firm choice even after they gave me wrong information for entry requirement which put me on stress at this stage. So it's more like a gambling for me now. I am going to study Computer Science (including a year abroad)However back to my question, I don't know about the Essex accommodation, so if anybody have any idea or suggestion then please share it with me as I have to apply for the accommodation as soon as possible.Thank you
    what was the wrong entry requirement

ReputationRep:
    Well, when I was making choices, I called the university to find out about English as I didn't have GCSE so they asked me to get Functional skills Level 2 as an equvilant but after I made it firm the department asked me to get GCSE qualification or IELTS because they don't accept FS L2. Now this could be tough for me as I gotta spend the whole summer waiting for a test and get a good grade for it.

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anybody know if Essex are lenient on Alevel results day. If so what grades did people get in with or the lowest that you know of? Thanksss so much. I really love Essex uni

ReputationRep:
    Hi does anybody know if Essex are lenient on Alevel results day. If so what grades did people get in with or the lowest that you know of? Thanksss so much. I really love Essex uni
    Hey i think it depends on the course you have applied for. If its highly competitive then unlikely but if they have the spaces am sure they will be leinent. What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I recevied a conditional offer of ABB at Politics with Modern Languages. Is this a popular course? I am not living in UK and we all know the university website would flatter all programmes no matter how good or plain they are.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! I've firmed my unconditional offer to study Bsc Genetics. Finished college last year and decided to defer for a year after I received my place with a BCD in my A Levels. So Essex do seem to be pretty lenient when it comes to results- I was told at the open day last year that as long as I got a B in biology (and my other a levels weren't too poor) I should get in!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do Criminology at Essex University in September 2016. I want to be able to sort of break the ice with those I'll be sharing halls with when I move in but I can't until I get my grades at the end of June/start of July I've just finished college and am predicted Distinction*, Distinction*, Distinction* and the grade boundaries are D,D,D. Hopefully I should get in!! Good luck to everyone on results day and getting them!

ReputationRep:
    my mate got in biochem ABB with CDE

ReputationRep:
    poor flirting skills. reported

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to apply to uni till January next year, right?
    Why are people saying that Essex is their firm choice and already booking accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazy & Elite)
    You don't have to apply to uni till January next year, right?
    Why are people saying that Essex is their firm choice and already booking accommodation?
    its for people starting this year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 15, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.