Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Did you only apply to 4? What grades did you get?

And your choices are a lot better than mine imo, I realised after I'd applied that studying in London would be awesome. I picked Loughborough as a backup (ABB offer) but I wish I'd applied to UCL instead :/
    I applied to UCL twice (Comp Sci and EEE)
    I have an offer from UCL EEE (with a Comp Sci personal statement) but I want the Comp Sci offer, I don't think I'll be accepting the EEE offer..

Predicted A*AA (Maths FM Physics - Though my goal is A*A*A)

Hopefully either UCL or Imperial give me an offer for Computer Science. If they do, King's will be my Insurance
    If not, then I'll probably end up at King's unless I can make some magic happen through adjustment on results day.
    I'm not too hopeful with Imperial to be honest but I sincerely hope that the UCL Computer Science department don't let me down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    I applied to UCL twice (Comp Sci and EEE)
    I have an offer from UCL EEE (with a Comp Sci personal statement) but I want the Comp Sci offer, I don't think I'll be accepting the EEE offer..

Predicted A*AA (Maths FM Physics - Though my goal is A*A*A)

Hopefully either UCL or Imperial give me an offer for Computer Science. If they do, King's will be my Insurance
    If not, then I'll probably end up at King's unless I can make some magic happen through adjustment on results day.
    I'm not too hopeful with Imperial to be honest but I sincerely hope that the UCL Computer Science department don't let me down
    You have the exact same predicted grades, subjects and goal as me! No reason that UCL and Imperial won't give you an interview at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Yeah if there's STEP in the offer I'm probably not going to firm it :/
    It would seem kinda unfair to give a STEP offer so late when people (I think) started preparing quite a while ago. And they seem so inconsistent with who gets STEP or not - looking at last years Imperial CS thread it was seemingly random and possibly didn't even matter if you did badly in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    You have the exact same predicted grades, subjects and goal as me! No reason that UCL and Imperial won't give you an interview at least.
    I also have those predicted grades and still waiting on a response/interview from Imperial. They have to contact soon with that last interview day getting very close...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    It would seem kinda unfair to give a STEP offer so late when people (I think) started preparing quite a while ago. And they seem so inconsistent with who gets STEP or not - looking at last years Imperial CS thread it was seemingly random and possibly didn't even matter if you did badly in it.
    Yeah I hope they don't include it in the offer though. I don't want to take the risk of firming them, doing badly on STEP and then having to go to Birmingham with no accomodation guarantee :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Yeah I hope they don't include it in the offer though. I don't want to take the risk of firming them, doing badly on STEP and then having to go to Birmingham with no accomodation guarantee :/
    As far as I remember nobody mentioned STEP at the interview day, only that they might add in another A* or two, but then people last year seemed to get STEP offers at random so who knows... :s fingers crossed huh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by realhb)
    As far as I remember nobody mentioned STEP at the interview day, only that they might add in another A* or two, but then people last year seemed to get STEP offers at random so who knows... :s fingers crossed huh!
    Yeah I don't remember them mentioning STEP either. UCAS Track's back up now at least, I've heard they put the offers on at 22:01 every night so here's hoping!

ReputationRep:
    Offer conditions came in at 22:01! A*AA plus an A in my EPQ, anyone else's come in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Offer conditions came in at 22:01! A*AA plus an A in my EPQ, anyone else's come in?
    Just curious, is your EPQ related to computer science?

ReputationRep:
    Just curious, is your EPQ related to computer science?
    Yeah, the title is "What will be the impact of artificial intelligence on human employment and economic policy?". I spoke about it a lot with my interviewer so that's probably why they put it in, Imperial are known for adding extra conditions into offers to challenge people

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for BEng
    A* maths
    AAA further maths, computing, physics

and a merit in AEA (apparently easier than STEP so phew)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkwhater)
    Got my offer for BEng
    A* maths
    AAA further maths, computing, physics

and a merit in AEA (apparently easier than STEP so phew)
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether any Computing applicant has been rejected before or after interview yet? And I can't be sure but do they give better interviewees a harder offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Congrats!
    You too

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether any Computing applicant has been rejected before or after interview yet? And I can't be sure but do they give better interviewees a harder offer?
    I saw one guy post about getting rejected in October, about a week after he sent off the application. He had a C in Further Maths AS-level, so that was probably why.

ReputationRep:
    It's getting kinda late now. Last interview date is 17th and still haven't heard anything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    It's getting kinda late now. Last interview date is 17th and still haven't heard anything...
    I'm the same - I thought I would of heard by now if I was going to get an interview on the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an interview for MEng Computing, scheduled for Wednesday 17th February. Sent off application on October 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Finally got an interview for MEng Computing, scheduled for Wednesday 17th February. Sent off application on October 15th.
    Congrats! What subjects/grades do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zshn)
    Congrats! What subjects/grades do you have?
    GCSE: 10A*, 1A.

Last year: A* in A2 Maths, AAA in AS Physics, Chemistry and Computing.

Doing A2 Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing this year, predicted 4A*.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.