Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does the temperature change half if mass doubles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super199)
    What did people get for the keplers qs?
    Think I got 1.2 x 10^12 for the shorter radius and 3.6 x 10^12 for R2.
    I can't remember what the next question was, but I know the last 3 marker for the mass of S2 stumped me.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how many marks were just for calculation questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jm098)
    Does the temperature change half if mass doubles?
    No, the equation for c was (gmh)/(m x change in temperature),so the masses cancelled out, so C was independent of mass in this case.

ReputationRep:
    How come was it 5pi/4? I thought that the full wavelength was pi, and each of the dots was pi/8 apart, if you know what I mean, so I got 5pi/8

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was not bad, but there were literally almost no normal questions, like define this, why this. All questions seem to have a twist, lost most marks on that flipping alphabet question, but other questions was all good. I think I'm above the A threshold.

But man if I had gotten that question I would be flying right now.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Natalo77)
    Well if you used cos 55 with the other angle that would work. Was your answer around 1070?
    I used cos 55 but my andwer was more like 108N
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Oddowl)
    How come was it 5pi/4? I thought that the full wavelength was pi, and each of the dots was pi/8 apart, if you know what I mean, so I got 5pi/8
    one wavelength is 2pi

ReputationRep:
    I didn't square root my initial speed on question one ffs, do they ECF?

ReputationRep:
    There were 8 squares for the full oscillation, and they were 6 squares apart, so it was 6/8 = 3/4 difference, so it was (3pi)/2 I thought

ReputationRep:
    Full wavelength is 2pi

ReputationRep:
    What were your values for S2 people??? I NEED TO KNOW FUSUFBAKFJKDNDKIDJFJ

ReputationRep:
    for the fireman question, i calculated the weight of the fireman and took away the vertical component of the water hose so i got around 830N i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banksy0312)
    ...23? :/
    23 was for Mars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I used cos 55 but my andwer was more like 108N
    Something like that. Then the fireman's weight should have been added to that to get around 1070.

ReputationRep:
    One full wavelength is 2pie (360)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertyMan)
    What were your values for S2 people??? I NEED TO KNOW FUSUFBAKFJKDNDKIDJFJ
    1.02x10^33 lol idk

ReputationRep:
    What was the max speed and period?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dash52)
    for the fireman question, i calculated the weight of the fireman and took away the vertical component of the water hose so i got around 830N i think
    You should have added the vertical component of the water hose hopefully you should get some marks for the use of the component however, maybe drop 1 or 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dash52)
    You add the verticle component, newtons third law

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.