Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_mariesworld)
    I just came off a thread for applicants to Imperial for entry 2016, quite a few people have got interviews, most of which are predicted 4A*s :/
    *sits here with my A*AA prediction and somehow feels mediocre*

I haven't got a rejection, so it's still okay. What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Oxford Brookes for maths just 2 days after application was processed. It's my low option though, considering they want ABC (A in maths) and I'm predicted A*AA (A* in maths).

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Reading for English, I submitted on Monday but I swapped reading in on Tuesday. It's my fifth choice but hey, an offer is an offer - they want ABB but BBB if I firm them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiarax213)
    Has anyone applied for english literature and heard anything? Btw how long does Nottingham typically take to apply?
    I've applied for English Lit (albeit not at Nottingham) and I've not had any offers yet. It has only been ten days since I sent it though.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for english literature and heard anything? Btw how long does Nottingham typically take to apply?
    I've applied to Nottingham but for English language and literature, however when I rang up the department they did say they don't usually give out offers until January February time.

ReputationRep:
    So my friend submitted her application today, she's currently got an offer from Glasgow. Kinda jealous not gonna lie

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to regret applying for mental health nursing haha! I think it's going to be January before they get through every body!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    I'm applying for English, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am applying for Computer Science. I've heard English was quite a competitive subject, so it may be some time before you get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alessiamamon)
    When did you send yours?
    I've applied to surrey too
    My school sent the application off in the first week of October.

ReputationRep:
    Royal Holloway gave me an offer 2 days after I applied
    It was Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience, which was my 5th choice as I applied for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    I've applied to Nottingham but for English language and literature, however when I rang up the department they did say they don't usually give out offers until January February time.
    I'm dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arusya)
    Royal Holloway gave me an offer 2 days after I applied
    It was Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience, which was my 5th choice as I applied for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    congratulations! I'm sending off my application for Psychology and Criminology tomorrow and I'm terrified that I won't get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    I'm dead
    I know the struggle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe slay)
    congratulations! I'm sending off my application for Psychology and Criminology tomorrow and I'm terrified that I won't get an offer!
    Ah thank you! Don't worry, everyone thinks that, I'm sure you will, best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Well done! Which subject are you interested in studying?
    I applied for Japanese and German

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is being VERY QUICK.
    I sent my application off on the 14th, got an acknowledgement on the 15th, and got an offer on the morning of the 16th (although it did take until the 19th to update on track!).

On the other hand, Royal Holloway is being hideously slow. I've had acknowledgements from all my choices except them...it appears they are only sending some emails to confirm to half the applicants applying! (Yes, I have checked my junk and trash folders, too!)
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia)
    I sent my application off on the 14th, got an acknowledgement on the 15th, and got an offer on the morning of the 16th (although it did take until the 19th to update on track!).

On the other hand, Royal Holloway is being hideously slow. I've had acknowledgements from all my choices except them...it appears they are only sending some emails to confirm to half the applicants applying! (Yes, I have checked my junk and trash folders, too!)
    :eek: no way! What course did you apply to for Cardiff? I've only received an acknowledgement email and the SIMS login :erm:

ReputationRep:
    King's Computer Science was quite quick
    Imperial haven't even acknowledged my application lmao
    UCL will probably be really slow too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia)

Hi, what have you applied for? I've applied to Cardiff to study economics few days ago but so far I've only received a "thank you" email.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a while ago but when I applied 2 years ago around this time, East London uni gave me an offer within a day! Then Liverpool hope a few days later. Edge Hill took about a month and then Winchester (where I went) didn't offer me until January. Some unis make you offers direct and don't update ucas for ages so make sure you check your spam or logins if you get any!
    And surry gave me an interview for nursing within a few days!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.