Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your Unpopular opinions. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Pizza's not that great

Although I agree that pedophiles should get help, the current increase of tolerance for them worries me

You can be racist and be in an interracial relationship/have mixed kids

Transracial adoption makes me uneasy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    Great. - Think what you like. XD

Well perhaps you need to learn that not everything is what it seems. I just couldn't be bothered writing paragraphs on why I believe that Dyslexia isn't real. I've heard that argument you just attempted to make over a million times in the past and it just bores me, beyond bores me. Uh not really, the title of this thread isn't "state your unpopular opinion then explain it to those who disagree" therefore it really isn't on me at all. I don't need to provide scientific data to back up an opinion, I may choose to but it isnt a requirement. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just as I thought, you have no evidence or justification whatsoever that dyslexia is a myth and this is just an attempt at deflection. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up.

ReputationRep:
    That feminism has produced significant negative effects as well as the positive.

That being a straight white male is something people should revel in rather than feel guilty about.

That not all peoples are equal. Some nations have cultures which are quite simply inferior.

That eugenics is potentially glorious (just let the undesirable die off rather than kill them).

That the UK should remain a white christian/atheist nation and the growth of other groups here should be stopped.

That the abandonment of Ireland, the British Empire and soon Scotland are by far the worst crimes that Britain will ever commit.

ReputationRep:
    That there is nothing wrong with ethnic purity (albeit we shouldn't harm or discriminate under the law against others).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    The Iraq War was justified and the right thing to do morally.
    How? Do you really believe the terroist narrative pushed in the media? Do you realise the US is now funding ISIS? It would be conspiracy rubbish to even consider these countries fight these wars to extract oil which is the highest necessity to keep their currency afloat... its to fight for human rights where it has demonstrated a perfect example of it so clearly in its own country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    I think he does have a valid case here though...

If you're going to post something controversial like that then you should be prepared to at least explain why you think that. You haven't been able to do that about gays kissing being 'gross' or about dyslexia not being 'real' now, so the only conclusion one can draw is that you have no justifications for these beliefs or know that your justifications aren't very good...
    Tbh, I don't care. :awesome:

I just didn't want to, I was tired and it'd take effort and I didn't see the point, whether it's controversial or not makes no difference. Uhh it wasn't just homosexuals, thanks. I made that perfectly clear on the deleted thread more than thrice but apprently no one has grasped it yet. I'll clarify one more time before dozens of LGBT users start attacking my soul.

People can draw whatever conclusion they like, clearly they won't be v good artists by doing so bc that picture is anything but correct.

My justification as to why I don't believe in Dyslexia doesn't have to be perfect, just as my justification for why I think coca cola is disgusting doesn't have to perfect either. I don't see why the reasoning behind it has to be of a certain level so you can all be satisfied, bc quite frankly no matter how well I try, you won't be hence why it's labelled as "unpopular".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My justification as to why I don't believe in Dyslexia doesn't have to be perfect, just as my justification for why I think coca cola is disgusting doesn't have to perfect either.
    Well that's the problem; you haven't given a justification! Any justification. At all. Not even one. For either position.

And therein lies the problem. It is obvious you haven't given a justification because you do not have one, but why can't you just admit this rather than maintain the facade that you do have a justification you just don't want to tell us? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Just as I thought, you have no evidence or justification whatsoever that dyslexia is a myth and this is just an attempt at deflection. If you make a claim be prepared to back it up.
    It's an opinion, I don't need evidence. Do I need to provide evidence for why I think Nutella isn't v nice too? :dunce: If you're going to say something then please be consistent and follow through.

Well, you thought wrong bc I do have a justification and wut?¡ It's not a claim, it's an opinion. Why is that so difficult to comprehend. (':

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nicki minaj is ugly af and in no way whatsoever a good role model for teenagers (or anyone tbh)
    miley cyrus is amazing
    george bush was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks
    haagen-dazs > ben & jerry's
    Baskin robbins > Haagen-dazs + Ben & Jerry's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    I mean I'd like to hear how you argue against fact.
    It isn't fact bc nothing has been proven. Unlike many other diseases etc, no one really knows how many people can suffer from it or what the true definition of dyslexia is, there isnt a diagnosis for it either. I personally believe that dyslexia wouldn't exist if children were given more attention. For example, if a child was struggling with reading, perhaps due to the fact s/he may not have the best resources or support at home like the other children then teachers should spend more time trying to build them up to the level of others rather than immediately labelling them with this term and conditioning them to fit into this category. Isolating them from classrooms as well as giving them this so called "extra time" will only diminish their ability to read rather than enhance it. The current way in which this is handled irritates me, it's pathetic and in no way conforms to what education should be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Foetuses are every bit human and it makes no sense that women can have abortions while men cannot have financial abortions.

Men with cuckold fetishes are disgusting

The majority of people who are culturally Western are ball-less and cowardly

People who try to be logical and rational about everything outside the academic world are tedious

Irish accents are weird and not at all sexy

ReputationRep:
    Well that's the problem; you haven't given a justification! Any justification. At all. Not even one. For either position.

And therein lies the problem. It is obvious you haven't given a justification because you do not have one, but why can't you just admit this rather than maintain the facade that you do have a justification you just don't want to tell us? :erm:
    Great. - I don't have to give one either! :eek4:

It isn't obvious at all bc you're wrong, I have a justification which I've just provided since it seems to be so much of a problem to you all. I don't see why you hold the idea that anyone who doesnt wish to share information is immediately putting up a façade. Have you even considered that they just dont wish to share? Well uh probably bc there's absolutely nothing to admit to, there is no façade / pretence or whatever other word you and plantagenet have been thinking up to describe my behaviour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Declining birth rates for ethnic British people will be the downfall of the UK

Education isn't for everyone

We should do more to encourage kids to be healthy

There never was a war on drugs

It's hypocritical to bash homosexuality for being "Immoral" while ignoring the fact heterosexuals are equally as promiscuous nowadays

We should give therapy to Transsexuals instead of surgery

Fascism =/= National Socialsm

ReputationRep:
    Great. - I don't have to give one either! :eek4:
    Of course not. But if you don't attempt to give a justification for a patently absurd proposition then you have to acknowledge that this is rather irrational; thus it is going to look, to the reasonable observer, as though you have no justification.

As is the case here.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not.
    Glad we're in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Glad we're in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You manipulated that to get rid of the caveat that that is only the case if you are willing to acknowledge that the inference from that is that you are unable to justify it.

Rather disingenuous of you, I must say.

ReputationRep:
    Glad we're in agreement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't reply back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You manipulated that to get rid of the caveat that that is only the case if you are willing to acknowledge that the inference from that is that you are unable to justify it.

Rather disingenuous of you, I must say.
    Not really bc your original post is right above what I quoted¿ "Manipulated"? :rolleyes: I cut off the rest bc I'd read it and didn't want to respond to it since I didn't think what you said was in any way correct and don't wish to argue. Hardly deceitful considering I didn't alter your words, if you didnt want it to be percieved in the way in which I portrayed then perhaps you should've chosen your sentences more carefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    dyslexia don't actually exist.
    :five:

(Original post by stargirl63)
    dyslexia don't exist.
    :five:

~

Funny how no one has urged either of you to provide reasoning for such an incredibly patently absurd proposition though. (':

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoCrazy)
    I can't reply back

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know, I disabled them. Sorry, give me a second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.