Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it likely a question on how an increase in inflation might affect the achievement of VGL's 2017 objectives? if so what would you guys put?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Lewis7_;65733725]I personally thing its more likely for TSA as it is has came up once before, but I want it to be ratios, haha :P

Im revising the 4pt and 8pt moving average, ive got some shoddy graphs and tables i can send you if you want.

Yes please mate

ReputationRep:
    My teacher doesn't think so because you usually use them for a Plc but vgl is a ltd

(Original post by GeorgieH4)
    Does anyone think shareholder ratios will come up? My teacher didn't teach them as she didn't feel they would come up due to the assumption that Phoebe is the only shareholder. I have revised them, just not 100% on them and not sure if it it the most important thing to be going over before the exam!

ReputationRep:
    When discussing the impact on VGL from a change in income/interest/inflation etc can you just state the effects of an increase or do you have to speak about both increases and decreases?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody think the grade boundaries are really low? I've found these results:
    2015 - 59 marks = A
    2014 - 52 marks = A
    2013 - 59 marks = A
    2012 -60 marks = A

Pretty hopeful considering the papers out of 90!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys would anyone be able to help me out massively and send me some of their essay plans I struggle with the structuring of the essays. Would be great if someone could

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFEFC1)
    (Original post by Lewis7_)
    I personally thing its more likely for TSA as it is has came up once before, but I want it to be ratios, haha :P

Im revising the 4pt and 8pt moving average, ive got some shoddy graphs and tables i can send you if you want.
    Yes please mate
    http://imgur.com/a/b50Yb

I have some slides on TSA if you need them aswell.

I need to revise this, looking at TSA again I dont remember ANYTHING. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobs business)
    is it likely a question on how an increase in inflation might affect the achievement of VGL's 2017 objectives? if so what would you guys put?
    Instead of being so refined on just inflation I reckon it will be macroeconomic factors which will affect VGL. These are : Economic Growth, Exchange rates, inflation, employment, income tax and interest rates.

Could also have one incorporating social factors such as increasing population, ageing population, media pressure, government changes.

Hope this has helped a little..

ReputationRep:
    When discussing the impact on VGL from a change in income/interest/inflation etc can you just state the effects of an increase or do you have to speak about both increases and decreases?
    Describing both negative and positive is comparison which is rewarded for marks in the exam. When I write paragraphs for those I explain the benefits and then follow with the limitations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allytodd97)
    Instead of being so refined on just inflation I reckon it will be macroeconomic factors which will affect VGL. These are : Economic Growth, Exchange rates, inflation, employment, income tax and interest rates.

Could also have one incorporating social factors such as increasing population, ageing population, media pressure, government changes.

Hope this has helped a little..
    Thanks! Is it guaranteed a question on macroeconomic factors will come up?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Is it guaranteed a question on macroeconomic factors will come up?
    Ofcourse nothing is guaranteed but it's come up a few times and last year they did social factors which threw a lot of people! My tutor has predicted it's very likely to come up however!

ReputationRep:
    Ofcourse nothing is guaranteed but it's come up a few times and last year they did social factors which threw a lot of people! My tutor has predicted it's very likely to come up however!
    cheers, did your teacher have any other predictions? sorry to keep asking

ReputationRep:
    cheers, did your teacher have any other predictions? sorry to keep asking
    That's alright it's nice to take a break from revising it!
    We've predicted
    Times series / ratios for maths 13 marker
    Then the 18 marker which usually follows that question could be limitations/benefits of time series with budgeting or for ratios it could be would VGL be considered successful?
    Then for the other 18 markers and the 23 markers we've predicted A question on objectives, eg if they're realistic or not, then a macroeconomic factors question, then a question on moving into the textiles market and then : what stakeholder group most influential,
    But these are only predictions and the exam board usually re - word similar questions to catch us out!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please help me with the question 'discuss how vgl could address their problem of contamination in their materials recycling facilities'
    Also stupid question but is 'discuss' a level 3 or 4 question, will it need evaluation

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    We've predicted
    Then the 18 marker which usually follows that question could be limitations/benefits of time series with budgeting or for ratios it could be would VGL be considered successful?
    Then for the other 18 markers and the 23 markers we've predicted A question on objectives, eg if they're realistic or not, then a macroeconomic factors question, then a question on moving into the textiles market and then : what stakeholder group most influential,
    But these are only predictions and the exam board usually re - word similar questions to catch us out!
    thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    We've predicted
    which stakeholders would you say are the most influential?

ReputationRep:
    which stakeholders would you say are the most influential?
    For me the employees are crucial. their attitudes towards work are what can determine whether VGL achieve many of the objectives. In particular their revenue growth and labour turnover. pre-sorting waste requires constant focus and concentration and this all depends on employees motivation & willingness to work (all affected by poor working conditions, low pay etc). Table 2 highlights the correlation between their effort and levels of contamination = week 5 = Zero levels when compared to 4 reports in week 4 (just one week before the meeting!) .... plus happier workforce = less LT = reduction in recruitment and training costs = more profit = can afford charity objective due to money saved. And of course achieving that LT objective.

Very brief i know haha, just a little little.

ReputationRep:
    What does a strong pound mean? does it get stronger when exchange rates increase? and what is it compared to the euro at the minute?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ross24)
    Can someone please help me with the question 'discuss how vgl could address their problem of contamination in their materials recycling facilities'
    Also stupid question but is 'discuss' a level 3 or 4 question, will it need evaluation

Thanks in advance
    Discuss is a level 4. It will need evaluation.

They could address the problem with contamination by doing extra training to their staff (Which michael is already looking into with his horrible research) - alternatlively they need to use the social media platforms to advertise cleaning recylcing before putting in the bins.

All of this is on page 4 of the case study

ReputationRep:
    What does a strong pound mean? does it get stronger when exchange rates increase? and what is it compared to the euro at the minute?
    Copied from a general information page thingy:
    What does it mean for business?Imports become cheaper, making life easier for retailers, which can sell food and white goods at lower prices. Manufacturers enjoy cheaper raw materials and can retain the benefit if they sell their wares in the UK. But exported goods and services become more expensive, hitting Britain's balance of payments.

Basically, for VGL, it is bad news, as their prices will be higher to the international buyers, making them less competitive.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.