Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I am split between Judaism and Christianity watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    You should go to your local UCKG help centre.
    LOL, i miss that church so badly back in the days when i used to live in London. Despite i had a love-hate relationship with them.

OP, this can be good for you if you live in London or the midlands

(Original post by Simes)
    Well, you've promoted it to other people about five times since July. Perhaps you might want to reconsider whether you know enough about this organisation to be recommending it to others.

You might be risking getting a bad reputation for promoting a cult that is run by criminals, robbing its members, laundering money, selling fake medicine and claiming magical curing abilities.

You see, the credibility of the professional journalists, government bodies, cult investigators, professional religious people and criminal investigators is going to be taken to be far greater than yours.
    I see what you are saying but when they talk about money, I am not involved, I don't really involve myself in that as sometimes is best not to cause problems for yourself knowing that the don't always use the money to help the poor.

Most churches have become businesses, its like, all some pastors care about is money.

As a Christin, I disagree with that, I think the purpose of a church is to help the poor and the needy and to help people revive their faith in God and Jesus his son.

What I like about the UCKG is the real talks, they are actually real and a few weeks ago, the topic was about who is controlling you.

Sometimes we do things that are unexplainable, perhaps there is something more to those things, something hidden, maybe.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Unfortunately, yes.
    Maybe if we could convince everyone that God was only testing Abraham, and told him that he could circumcise a ram instead of his son...

People be that stoopid, ya know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God? :eek:

Wikipedia: "The Church has frequently been accused of illegal activities and corruption, including money laundering, charlatanism, and witchcraft."

Formed in 1977 by a bloke and his brother-in-law. A bad sign.
    The founder is worth $1.1billion. Nothing dodgy there, obviously. :rolleyes:
    They believe in faith healing.
    They claim Jesus' suffering was insufficient and members must make up for them with their own finances to the tune of 10% of all gross income. (How gullible are people?)
    They use migrants to collect money, pass themselves of as others and target students.
    Anyone remember the horrid death of 8 year old Victoria Climbié? The parents (who tortured her to death) claimed she was possessed of evil spirits; the UCKG claim they can sort this out and the pastor they visited said he believed them and did nothing about her obvious injuries.
    There not that bad, (except for one pastor i almost lost my temper with)

Sometimes cults can be good (im sounding sociopathic i know) because look at the track record UCKG helped people who used to bully me, who used to be gangs.

I have a love hate relationship with them. I said on my last visit 'i don't give a **** about your ****e church' and there were sad. I now regret it and i'm now im in uni suffering, looking for uckg near me because every friday, thats were the devil comes out in one of their services.

Please do not insult churches as well, its a sin.

(Original post by Uyi 95)
    LOL, i miss that church so badly back in the days when i used to live in London. Despite i had a love-hate relationship with them.

OP, this can be good for you if you live in London or the midlands

ReputationRep:
    Please do not insult churches as well, it's a sin.
    Organised religions are created and run by people. They are no less likely to be corrupted or abused than any other human organisation.

Whoever told you "insulting churches is a sin" was talking rubbish and probably trying to prevent you criticising them. If it was someone from the proven-to-be-highly corrupt Universal Church of the Kingdom of God that told you criticising them is a sin, then that gives you an example of how such a cult works.

"God will be offended if you highlight issues with the running of this human organisation." Really? No, that's just a human using fear to control others.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

You should feel comfortable whichever religion you choose.
    Why not Islam? Christianity? Etc

Pls do your research 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Organised religions are created and run by people. They are no less likely to be corrupted or abused than any other human organisation.

Whoever told you "insulting churches is a sin" was talking rubbish and probably trying to prevent you criticising them. If it was someone from the proven-to-be-highly corrupt Universal Church of the Kingdom of God that told you criticising them is a sin, then that gives you an example of how such a cult works.

"God will be offended if you highlight issues with the running of this human organisation." Really? No, that's just a human using fear to control others.
    I can tell your not a christian, which is fine. When judgement day comes, God will decide

As i said, i had a 'love hate relationship'. I think to myself often that if i had abandoned my family's church and went uckg everyday, my life would have changed.

Yes there are shady pastors in the church, EVERY CHURCH has a shady pastor. I don't agree with many of uckg's doctrine but i was such a fan of the demon possession and their honest preaching. At the time, i said 'it wasn't for me' but since i touched uni i now realise it was a mistake. I think there are the only church in UK to have strong deliverance services so i suggest this Friday you visit a deliverance service and see God

Then come back to me and see what your saw.

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you're not a Christian, which is fine.
    That's a capital C on Christian, if you don't mind.

I went exclusively to church schools and Sunday school and attended church on Sundays. I have attended Methodist, Baptist, C of E, C in W, Catholic, and evangelical services. I have also been to an Alpha Class which was disguised as a philosophy social club. I did Divinity O Level (GCSE to you, only harder). I've read the Bible (the Gospels a few times), the Koran and, for obscure reasons, an English translation of the Mahabharata (now there's a big book!). I've been through some Buddhist texts, tried to get to grips with Sikhism, and dabbled with various others. I'm currently working with some Quakers - they seem a nice bunch of people.

When judgement day comes, God will decide
    Which Judgement Day? Scores have been predicted already and failed to happen. And which god? There's thousands of them.

Yes there are shady pastors in the church, EVERY CHURCH has a shady pastor.
    There's shady and then there's criminally fleecing your flock out of $2billion.

I don't agree with many of uckg's doctrine
    If you have neither faith nor agreement, then why promote them to others? That's hypocrisy.

I was such a fan of the demon possession
    If you want fiction, go to the theatre. It's not cheap but they don't demand 10% of your gross income.

I think there are the only church in UK to have strong deliverance services so i suggest this Friday you visit a deliverance service and see God. Then come back to me and see what your saw.
    Been there. Done that. Seen the light. It's made-up nonsense done to fleece people who know no better. Possession and faith healing are fake. It is just showmanship, very expensive showmanship.

Telling people they do bad things because they are possessed by demons and then shouting and laying hands on them to tell them they are cured does not fix society's problems. They can simply say "It's not me, it's the demon that is torturing my children" and carry on doing evil because they are not facing up to the reality of their own behaviour. There should be no place for witchcraft in the 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1502)
    For a while I feel like something is missing I feel like I can't speak to God anymore I feel so lost.For a while, Judaism has been fascinating me I kind of want to convert however maybe I just want a new beginning I feel like I can no longer speak sincerely to God.I do not know what to do I was raised Catholic, but I don't want to be Catholic because many are homophobic and sexist (not all but some) also the news keeps making the catholic church look bad.I am against smoking and alcohol, but I don't want to be Muslim because it is not a religion that interests me.Am I coming to an age where I have lost my identity and maybe religion will help me find myself again?Should I just look for a different type of Christianity or do what? I don't know whether I believe or not I believe in Jesus, I never thought about it.I guess being raised Catholic I just accepted it and did not think about it.
    Hey there!

Well I think the reason you're split between Judaism and Christianity and why you feel like you can't speak to God anymore is because Christianity isn't a religion; Christianity is a relationship. I'm pretty sure you already know but (not gonna give you a super-long lecture) when Adam and Eve at the fruit and brought sin into the world, Jesus died for our sins (John 3:16) so that we could reconnect with God because the sin seperated us from God. The whole basis of Christianity is God wanting to get back to us instead of religion saying that we must do everything to try and reach a God who probably isn't listening to you.
    Finding yourself isn't easy, but in life, nothing that's worth it is easy and nothing that's easy is worth it. If a computer wants to find out its reason for creation, it'll ask Bill Gates or Steve Jobs or whoever created it. If we want to find why we're created, we've gotta ask our Creator and our Father, God Himself. He loves you so much and just wants you to come back.
    God bless you though, I hope this answer helped you in some way!

Private Message me if you need anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garfeeled)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...nversion.shtml

A simple and source article on conversion to Judaism. I'm going to take this (along with multiple other reputable sources) over you, who talks nonsense.
    www.specsavers.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Reform Judaism?
    Yeah even though it does not detract from the fact there is an Issur of homosexuality or acting on same sex desires in Judaism/Halacha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    rubbish, you're spouting rubbish. judaism is for jews, just like hinduism is for hindus.

God only sent 3 missionary religions, christianity, islam and buddhism, if people wanna be religious, then they can only pick from those 3

yeah, yeah they can say that they've converted to judaism but they'll just be fake jews
    Rubbish

So was Tzipporah- Moshe's/Moses wife not really Jewish as she was a convert? Or how about her father Yitro who was said to convert . The Erev Rav- the Egyptians who joined the jewish people in Yeytziat Mitzrayim - the exodus they wern't Jewish. Ruth the female convert who Shmuel/Samuel the prophet wrote about was not really jewish and her famous descendants David, Solomon not really Jewish or how about the prophet Zechariah who according to rabbinic tradition was not really Jewish. or the father of the famous Tanna(Mishanic rabbi)- Rabbi Akiva was not Jewish?

Look conversion has always happened in Judaism and will happen for the next 3,500 years. As it says in the Chumash/Torah- One Torah shall it be for the Ezrach - Native, born Jew and for the Ger - Jewish convert

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you said this to me before but its still wrong
    Go on enlighten us and tell me how is wrong

(Original post by Simes)

*sigh* PRSOM again.

ReputationRep:
    wrong but if jews wanna pollute their own religion, i don't care

if people wanna convert to judaism, they're just not real jews but obviously if a wannabe jew has said to me that he's converted to judaism, ill say ok mate but in my mind ill just say fake jew
    I would like you to say that to King David if Techiyat Ha Metim- resurrection of the dead happens tomorrow that he is not a real Jew since he is a descendent of a convert- Ruth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev;60446999[b)
    ]This is pretty important - it's almost impossible to convert to Judaism. You have to go to a special centre for a number of years and learn Hebrew, change your name etc. It's actually more of a race than a religion - Jews aren't concerned with converting people and you are a Jew if your mother is. So if you do want to convert, make sure you really really really want to convert, it's a huge commitment. You can't just switch.
    [/b]

Here we go again more bs and misconception yes for the last time a non- Jew can convert. This is Yahdut not the Druze religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Being Jew is amazing. Except they take you foreskin away. Anyone see my foreskin lemme know, I want it back. Is it still legal to take babies foreskin away?
    Also, there's this new religion called Piphianism, really cool. It has nothing to do with me.
    What do you like about being Jewish the most?

What do you like about being Jewish the most?
    We can blame everything on antisemitism.

Actually, lots of people do have some kind of problem with Jews, it's a very interesting phenomena, that's quite hard to explain. Or you can just say 'God did it'...

ReputationRep:
    Reform Judaism?
    There only split in Judaism is on the denomination...What I meant is that the so called Christianism is nothing but a Jewish sect or denomination within Judaism so . And despite the fact the it;s commonly view by the whole world including Jew and Christians themselves as a different religion from Judaism ..It's not in reality. Here the split would be between fact and reality not Judaism and Christianity ....in the time of Yahshuah (Jesus who is a Jewish rabbi by the way ) there was about more than a dozen Jewish sects or denominations ...the most famous were the pharisees(today orthodox ) and Sadducees ...The sect of the Nazarenes as the others were calling them ...switched to something else when the number of non Hebrew increased and the Pharisees start to persecute them ...Note that violent attacks between different sects always existed ...Then came all the distorsion on the epistles of Rav Shaul aka apostle Paul...which are still causing a lot of confusion despite the reality in Kepha 's aka Peter warning about the difficulties for some unlearned to understand leading them to distorsion of the real Judaism taught by Paul..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.