Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What language do you find beautiful? watch

ReputationRep:
    Modern Icelandic (basically Old Norse) is my favourite sounding language, but I really like the writing of Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and the languages derived from Sanskrit (Hindi, Gujarati ect) as well.

English is a pretty nice sounding language too, although I'm probably biased on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Oh right. I speak Gujarati. Understand basic Spanish and I'm currently learning Classical Arabic.
    Gujrati is one of the many languages of India right?
    And goodluck with arabic lol, if you start balding i'll know why.

(Original post by saeed97)
    Gujrati is one of the many languages of India right?
    And goodluck with arabic lol, if you start balding i'll know why.
    Yep indeed.
    lol. I think it has already started happening and it's only been two years :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    money.

ReputationRep:
    تعلم اللغة العربية، فمن الجميل

Learn arabic it's beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Mal)
    ahlan wa shalan.
    what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beyknowles2)
    "the British accent"? what is that though? I'm from the west midlands (of england) and we sure speak completely differently to, say, Londoners, or Scousers, or Geordies.
    You see, it seems like a lot of people outside of the UK (at least in the US) don't realize that people in different parts of the UK have different accents... it's kind of funny though, once one of our teachers showed us a video, and the accent was British, but it sounded a bit different, and one of my friends was like... "Is that an Australian accent?" And I just look at her like, have you ever even heard an Australian accent? That's not even close to an Australian accent (I live in the US btw lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mal Baadshah)
    Whatever the teletubbies are speaking.
    Oh my god stahp :'D

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats really cool.
    Im not as varied as you because by blood im an israelite (not to be confused with an israeli) but for simplicity sake i just call myself an arab.
    Thanks
    You mean Arabs who lived in the region where Israel currently is? It's not the same as Arab? That's interesting

ReputationRep:
    that language somalians speak
    its bre raw and aggressive

ReputationRep:
    Arabic
    Spanish
    London Slang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Thanks
    You mean Arabs who lived in the region where Israel currently is? It's not the same as Arab? That's interesting
    No, as in im an israelite by blood not arab (though we are semetic twins and look a lot alike). Im a descendant of the jewish tribes of the north of yemen. We were also known as the yemenites (hebraic yemenis), i probably have little to no arab blood in me but a couple of centuries ago we let go of our jewish ties and became more arab in culture and faith.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aamirac)
    Oh right. I speak Gujarati. Understand basic Spanish and I'm currently learning Classical Arabic.
    :five: Whoo! Hello fellow Gujju.

ReputationRep:
    No, as in im an israelite by blood not arab (though we are semetic twins and look a lot alike). Im a descendant of the jewish tribes of the north of yemen. We were also known as the yemenites (hebraic yemenis), i probably have little to no arab blood in me but a couple of centuries ago we let go of our jewish ties and became more arab in culture and faith.
    Oh wow! :O
    So in that respect do you feel more Jewish or Arab? Do you speak Hebrew and Arabic?

ReputationRep:
    Sarcasm. It always show the true inner person.

ReputationRep:
    Pashto and German, because I speak both and I think they sound nice. I also have to admit Spanish and Arabic sound beautiful too, I need to learn them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Yavanna)
    You see, it seems like a lot of people outside of the UK (at least in the US) don't realize that people in different parts of the UK have different accents... it's kind of funny though, once one of our teachers showed us a video, and the accent was British, but it sounded a bit different, and one of my friends was like... "Is that an Australian accent?" And I just look at her like, have you ever even heard an Australian accent? That's not even close to an Australian accent (I live in the US btw lol)
    To be fair, it's similar here. Ask a Brit to do an American accent and they either assume 'hillybilly' or 'valley girl', nothing else. I'm very interested in accents hence I always do correct people when they dispute the wide range of accents around the US.

Language wise, Chinese just sounds so great to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Not including languages I can speak/understand)

Spanish, Pashto and Arabic sound nice imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    Oh wow! :O
    So in that respect do you feel more Jewish or Arab? Do you speak Hebrew and Arabic?
    Na, like i said our tribe cut off all jewish ties a few centuries ago, we all speak arabic and are classed as arabs, none of us are Jewish and none of us speak hebrew.

ReputationRep:
    Korean and Arabic 👌🏽👌🏽

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.