Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazbaz)
    YES! I got an interview On the 10th, when's yours??
    What subject?

ReputationRep:
    Did you send the confirmation of coming to the interviews by e-mail or post ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for AMES (specifically chinese )?? I havent heard about interview yet, hopefully will know soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runner0204)
    Sorry if this has been asked but has anyone heard back about engineering interviews yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same question. They haven't invited me yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fysarmonica)
    Same question. They haven't invited me yet.
    If you don't mind me asking what are your grades/predictions like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denny13)
    Did you send the confirmation of coming to the interviews by e-mail or post ?
    I sent it in the envelope they gave use?? the instructions on my letter werent very clear I hope I did the right thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zorrocheech)
    What subject?
    HSPS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aelizabethg)
    Anyone applying for AMES (specifically chinese )?? I havent heard about interview yet, hopefully will know soon
    Hi, i just heard about AMES ( for arabic) at St.Johns, im sure yours will come soon

ReputationRep:
    I posted this question in the St. John's College thread, but it has been deathly quiet over there, so I am reposting here in case someone here might have some information:
    (Original post by gsckmom)
    Two questions about interviews:1) if allowed, can anyone shed any light on the basic outline/feel/direction of the general interview at Johns, the one that is not subject specific?2) The applicants website has interview preparation guidelines for many subjects but not maths, anyone know if there is one coming?
    Absolutely NOT looking for an unfair advantage, just trying to gather any information that might be common knowledge over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lesmisgirl)
    Hi, i just heard about AMES ( for arabic) at St.Johns, im sure yours will come soon
    I hope so! I'm using all the data on my phone checking my email every other minute thats so cool you're doing arabic, mind if i ask why?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got an interview for PBS on the 11th I'm an international student.

I was wondering whether other international students are sending back their slips through email or post? It would take ages to arrive by post since I live in Egypt!

Also, does anyone else have an interview on the 11th? It would be lovely to meet some of you.

Best of luck to everyone xx

ReputationRep:
    To the international applicants:

Are you all sending back the form by post or are you just responding to the email with an acceptance/ accommodation request?

Unless we pay $25 to send the form express mail, I feel like there is no way it will get there by post before the Dec 3 deadline.

Does anyone have any concrete info on if it is okay to respond via email?

Thanks!
    Hey, I'm an international student too and I have the same question! I emailed it to them but also asked whether I should post it or not. They haven't replied yet though. Please let me know if you got an answer from them.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salnajjar)
    Hey, I'm an international student too and I have the same question! I emailed it to them but also asked whether I should post it or not. They haven't replied yet though. Please let me know if you got an answer from them.

Good luck
    My son emailed his acceptance and said that if he didn't hear back that it was acceptable then he would send it back by express mail this week. He received an email response stating that his email would suffice.

He sent his email to the address that the letter came from, though, not the general admissions email address.

ReputationRep:
    My son emailed his acceptance and said that if he didn't hear back that it was acceptable then he would send it back by express mail this week. He received an email response stating that his email would suffice.

He sent his email to the address that the letter came from, though, not the general admissions email address.
    Wonderful! I did the same: sending it to the address that the letter came from. Thank you and good luck to your son

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an interview on the 7th? would be great to meet some of you!

ReputationRep:
    I swear, if St. John's wrote a book, a good proportion of the people reading it would have anxiety attacks from all the cliffhangers and the other half would just throw the book across the room and get on their knees and be like, JUST TELL ME THE ENDING PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Or maybe that's just me.

Edit: That's basically every university, because, you know. Waiting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salnajjar)
    Wonderful! I did the same: sending it to the address that the letter came from. Thank you and good luck to your son
    Good luck to you, too!

ReputationRep:
    I posted this question in the St. John's College thread, but it has been deathly quiet over there, so I am reposting here in case someone here might have some information:

Absolutely NOT looking for an unfair advantage, just trying to gather any information that might be common knowledge over there.
    We should be prepared to discuss anything we wrote in our personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ioanapm98)
    Anyone with Physical Natural Sciences interview?
    Not yet :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the 11th!! Best of luck to you

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.