Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CBowditch)
    Hey Paige_kayleigh,

There's a chance that you and your friends can live in the same flat , when you sign in to the online accommodation system, you and your friends will need to try and find a flat that has enough available rooms for you and book them roughly at the same time.

Similarly if you all apply at a similar time for the same halls of residence theres a chance you will be in the same building. When I applied for accommodation you have to rank all of the available accommodation by preference so if you all picked similarly and submitted at the same time theres a chance that you can be in the same halls.

It's really nice having friends from home at the same university but I would try to branch out a little. While I go to BU one of my best friends from home goes to AUB and because we weren't living together we made lots of good friends quickly and then became friends with their friends! Of course it is completely up to you though, I know people who have lived with their friends and they loved it!

Hope this has helped, let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks
    Chris

Thanks, that helped a lot 😃

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vices)
    thank you for that, so does that have to be done as soon as you go uncondiditional (aka on results day)? or can you pick your accommodation then pay later?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Vices,

I'm afraid it's not a very straightforward answer! You need to pay when you accept your accommodation, which might be at the time of booking for some halls, and it might be a little later for others - it won't be much later though. I'd suggest you get yourself ready to pay your deposit at the time of booking, so that you're well prepared.

I hope that helps, and just let me know if you've got any other questions.

Katie

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just put down BU Computing as my insurance.

I was wondering if that will that have a big impact on my chances of staying in halls if I do get my insurance choice, and when is it I apply for housing if I do get BU?

Thanks, Alex

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! anybody for Television Production????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexoso)
    Hey, I just put down BU Computing as my insurance.

I was wondering if that will that have a big impact on my chances of staying in halls if I do get my insurance choice, and when is it I apply for housing if I do get BU?

Thanks, Alex
    Hi Alex!

My name is Patricia and I’m a final year student at Bournemouth and also an ambassador for the uni on TheStudentRooms!

The best place to go for this information is here. I'll give you a quick run down of what it's talking about

Basically you can't choose your accommodation until you have an unconditional offer from BU. So if you have a conditional offer now, it will change to unconditional once UCAS have told BU that you've got the requirements of your offer.

Most people will be in the same boat as you so don't worry. The first stage is registering your interest in a particular accommodation

Have a read of the link but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask

Good luck!
    Patricia

ReputationRep:
    in terms of accommodation deposit- do we get it back if we don't get accepted to BU? I've put it down as my first choice and registered my interest in accommodation but I think the day I choose my room is before results day and £200 is a lot of money to lose if you get rejected! Or do you only pay once you know you have the grades? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryB12)
    Hey guys! anybody for Television Production????
    Hi KerryB,

I am a second year student studying TV! If you have any questions about the course feel free to ask
    Gemma (Student ambassador)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annagrace1)
    in terms of accommodation deposit- do we get it back if we don't get accepted to BU? I've put it down as my first choice and registered my interest in accommodation but I think the day I choose my room is before results day and £200 is a lot of money to lose if you get rejected! Or do you only pay once you know you have the grades? Thanks!
    Hi Annagrace,

The accomodation is in two stages, stage one is the registering your interest which you have already done, the second part is actually picking your room and then paying the deposit to secure it.

You will only be allowed to complete the second stage once you have your results and your offer turns unconditional.

This stops anyone from losing their money if they don't get accepted in.

When is your results day?
    The second stage is usually spread out on different days. The amount of accomodation is equally distrubted on these days (one will be after results day), so if you're picking accomodation on the 3rd day, you have the same chance as securing the room you want as the people selecting on the first day.

Hope this helps!
    Gemma (student ambassador)

ReputationRep:
    im stuck between a premium room in Cranborne or a standard in Dorchester, can anyone help hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hey, My names Charlee and I have applied and firmed Bournemouth for the Public Relations Course in September. I was wandering if there was anyone else joining the course at the same time that I am?

ReputationRep:
    When do we apply for accommodation if it's our insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarkagirl)
    Hi Elin Bird

I've had a conditional offer from Bournemouth for Physio How're you getting on?
    When you got your offer did it change on UCAS track first or on your myhub? I've had a confusing email post-interview and my status on myhub has changed to "pending UCAS update" and it seems they've asked for an additional reference, still nothing on my UCAS. Did you have any of that? Very confused so close to the closing date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annagrace1)
    Hi AnnaGrace1!

My name is Patricia and I'm a student ambassdor for BU on TheStudentRoom!

To properly answer your question, I will need a bit more information about the situation. Are you going through BU or through an external provider? However, I can give you the breif details about how BU does its accommodation.

You will only be able to choose your room once you have met the requirements of your conditional offer and you have confirmed your place at BU. Only then will you be required to pay the accommodation deposit. This way, you won't lose your deposit.

Hope this makes sense, if not feel free to private message me

Good Luck!
    Patricia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beths1)
    When do we apply for accommodation if it's our insurance?
    Hi Beths1!

My name is Patricia and I'm a student ambassador for the BU on TheStudentRoom!

You can apply for accomodation when you have met the requirements of your conditional offer and then once you've confirmed your place at BU.

Hope this helps

Good Luck!
    Patricia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BronsPayne)
    im stuck between a premium room in Cranborne or a standard in Dorchester, can anyone help hahaha
    Hi BronsPayne!

My name is Patricia and I'm an ambassador for BU on TheStudentRoom!

Did you manage to attend any of the open days and have a look at the accommodation? No worries, if not. Both rooms are pretty similar, they both have ensuites and about 4 - 7 people share the kitchen and both have 6 ft beds rather than the standard single bed.

The only difference is that a premium in Cranbourne is slighty bigger (only very slight)

You don't have to confirm your room until you've confirmed your place at BU so you still have plenty of time to make your decision!

Hope this helps, but feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Good Luck!
    Patricia

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else firming Bournemouth for Physio? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hii guys, i have received an offer to study Industrial Design. Has anyone else here applied for the same course? it'd be great to get to know a couple of people before classes start.

ReputationRep:
    it somehow seems like everyone applied for a different course hahah, looking forward to see how many will be on mine

ReputationRep:
    How the heck do I pay £125 weekly rent if Ill only get 5 grand from student finance? Will that be enough? Can I change how much finance I get if Ive already sent off my application?
    Also I deferred last year but before I did I got a scholarship for academic excellence, will I still be able to claim it if I show you the email that says I was awarded it?

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.