Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2015/16 Rugby (Union) Season Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can I make a notion to change the thread title to something that just generalises Union and not just the 15/16 season?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)
    Can I make a notion to change the thread title to something that just generalises Union and not just the 15/16 season?
    Are we not going to make a new thread for next season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Are we not going to make a new thread for next season?
    We could, but equally we could just have one continuous thread, much like the football, cricket, tennis etc. Suppose ultimately it doesn't make a difference
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    We could, but equally we could just have one continuous thread, much like the football, cricket, tennis etc. Suppose ultimately it doesn't make a difference
    I think there is technically another rugby thread that is highly inactive that is our equivalent of those threads, this was initially a kind of stopgap to give us somewhere to go after the RWC thread became obsolete IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I think there is technically another rugby thread that is highly inactive that is our equivalent of those threads, this was initially a kind of stopgap to give us somewhere to go after the RWC thread became obsolete IIRC.
    Fair enough, mate.

ReputationRep:
    15 Mike Brown (Harlequins, 45 caps)
    14 Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, 17 caps)
    13 Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby, 18 caps)
    12 Owen Farrell (vice captain, Saracens, 37 caps)
    11 Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs, 12 caps)
    10 George Ford (Bath Rugby, 19 caps)
    9 Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 54 caps)

1 Joe Marler (Harlequins, 39 caps)
    2 Dylan Hartley (captain, Northampton Saints, 68 caps)
    3 Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers, 58 caps)
    4 Maro Itoje (Saracens, 1 cap)
    5 George Kruis (Saracens, 12 caps)
    6 Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 45 caps)
    7 James Haskell (Wasps, 64 caps)
    8 Billy Vunipola (vice captain, Saracens, 23 caps)

Replacements
    16 Jamie George (Saracens, 5 caps)
    17 Mako Vunipola (Saracens, 29 caps)
    18 Paul Hill (Northampton Saints, 1 cap)
    19 Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 44 caps)
    20 Jack Clifford (Harlequins, 2 caps)
    21 Danny Care (Harlequins, 55 caps)
    22 Elliot Daly (Wasps, uncapped)
    23 Alex Goode (Saracens, 20 caps)

ReputationRep:
    Elliot daly finally included. That should please a few including me! Will be interesting when he comes on to see what impact he has on the game.

Also Itoje starts

Team made up of;
    Bath (x3) (League position 9th)
    Saracens (x7) (League position 1st)
    Exeter Chiefs (x1) (League postion 2nd)
    Leicester Tigers (x2) (League position 5th)
    Harlequins (x5) (League position 4th)
    Wasps (x2) (League position 3rd)
    Northampton Saints (x3) (League position 6th)

ReputationRep:
    Daly one of 6 Englishmen to score points against the Lions. Fun little fact for y'all.

ReputationRep:
    Daly one of 6 Englishmen to score points against the Lions. Fun little fact for y'all.
    Nice one! I never knew that!

ReputationRep:
    He's also one of the only (if not the only) players to score points both for the Barbarians against England and for England against the Barbarians

ReputationRep:
    We should definitely start an Elliot Daly fact of the day thread.

ReputationRep:
    That was a very scrappy and at times boring, match to watch.

I thought Wayne Barnes was particularly poor though for both teams, trying to micromanage everything all the time at the frustration of Wales. On the back of that though, he was then extremely lenient to Wales in the Welsh 22 under pressure from France, which should have easily seen a Wales player yellow carded and potentially even a penalty try given to France.

ReputationRep:
    Defence was, once again, high class. Finishing off opportunities and converting pressure into points, was very disappointing, it's becoming a big problem for this team. Can't be passing up opportunities like that in 2 weeks time.

England v Ireland promises to be an interesting encounter, really don't know which way it's going to go.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else find the commentary last night on the BBC appalling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrtricks)
    Did anyone else find the commentary last night on the BBC appalling?
    Didn't listen to it myself as I was in the pub, but from what I've heard you aren't the only one to say that.

ReputationRep:
    Soo freaking sad I never got a chance to see the Super Rugby today... and yesterday :mad2:

But proud of the Sunwolves... Hoping Lions outclass everyone again like they did in the Currie Cup :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/ultimaterug...9958731455880/

Tries from the first weekend of the Super Rugby season. Handling is on a completely different level. I really don't understand why NH teams don't put more emphasis on offloading.

ReputationRep:
    All set up for a massive game at Twickenham in 2 weeks. From what I've seen so far I think England will edge it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    All set up for a massive game at Twickenham in 2 weeks. From what I've seen so far I think England will edge it.
    You'll bottle it.. Again

ReputationRep:
    You'll bottle it.. Again
    We owe you for the world cup Interesting battle between the two cousins at number 8, Faletau and Vunipola. Both have been easily amongst the players of the tournament so far. Itoje was great yesterday aswell. Hope he keeps his place ahead of Courtney Lawes. Rugby thread favourite Elliot Daly will come on and score the winning try...mark my word.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.