Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by )
    No, i disagree with homosexuality and being intimate publicly (such as taking pictures and displaying it also)
    Well then you're homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmckinnin56)
    with abortion being a hot topic is it wrong to abort a foetus considering if u don't want the kid or u are up the duff by error what u think of the subject

posted from tsr mobile
    if you don't want a kid then have protected intercourse..
    No point killing an innocent soul..

ReputationRep:
    If you're against abortion then fine don't have one, but don't get in the way of other women making a difference choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    Well then you're homophobic.
    That's a Cute name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by )
    That's a Cute name
    Yw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farah_786)
    if you don't want a kid then have protected intercourse..
    No point killing an innocent soul..
    As has been said here now loads of times, contraception is not 100% effective and thus a girl can still get pregnant if she uses contraception.

And she has choice over her own body so if she doesn't want the child then she is within her rights to terminate the pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    And she has choice over her own body so if she doesn't want the child then she is within her rights to terminate the pregnancy.
    Unless you consider the fetus as a separate entity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    Unless you consider the fetus as a separate entity.
    Foetus is not even aware of its existence and cannot exist independently from the mother, therefore not a human being by the definition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    As has been said here now loads of times, contraception is not 100% effective and thus a girl can still get pregnant if she uses contraception.

obvs it's her own body . in my opinion, the baby should not have the gift of life taken because the mother doesn't want the kid.

ReputationRep:
    I would never have one myself no matter what the circumstances but I wouldn't judge someone else for having one; I appreciate that they have the right to that choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Foetus is not even aware of its existence and cannot exist independently from the mother, therefore not a human being by the definition.
    Whether it is aware of its existence or can live independently, is irrelevant to weather it is a human or not.

The unborn fetus is a new entity, with its own organs, nervous system, circulatory system, etc.

The relevance of the fetus' ability to live without the mother, or be aware of its existence is however, relevant to whether abortion should be acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pro-choice. I don't believe the state, much of which is led by men, should have any say or control in what a woman does with her own body. Abortion grants women freedom to control their own bodies and their own lives, it is necessary that all countries who regard themselves liberal and progressive grant women this right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MangoCrazy)
    What do you mean "you don't want the kid"? Why have sex in the first place? If you don't want children then there should be plans made beforehand.

Abortion is WRONG!
    Would you prefer that women abort their unwanted foetuses in back allies using dirty needles or dangerous drugs, causing damage to both her and the foetus which may survive the ordeal? Women who need abortions will get them, as they have always done, regardless of whether it is legal or not. The options are not abortion or life, they are safe abortion or dangerous abortion.

ReputationRep:
    I am 100% indefinitely pro-abortion - although, I would never accidentally get pregnant if by chance, I did; I would straight away get an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't plan or want a child, you should've used contraception - even double up to make extra sure you don't fall pregnant/get someone else pregnant if it is literally the last thing you want to happen.
    I do understand that people get pregnant even when using contraception or after one night stand's and that is where I say it is your choice to abort the fetus if you believe you're not emotionally and financially ready to raise a child (or in a serious, committed relationship with the mother/father).
    If it is a case of rape, then yes, abortion should definitely be allowed since it wasn't their choice to conceive in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    100% wrong.
    If you didn't want the child, use contraception. Why take a potential life from this earth? There's many couples who can't even have children due to infertility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Why take a potential life from this earth?
    Why bring life into earth? Have you seen the problems places like Africa or Pakistan are having due to lack of population control?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    There used to be another means of population control.

It was called "dying when you were in your 60's".
    Children grow up in poverty too. The poorest areas on earth have some of the highest birth rates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    100% wrong.
    If you didn't want the child, use contraception. Why take a potential life from this earth? There's many couples who can't even have children due to infertility.
    Contraception isn't 100% effective.

pro choice

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.