Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Either way that's good news, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Es0phagus)
    I am not saying that % = GAMSAT score. I am just saying that I got 50-60% on my practise tests and I got 61 in the exam. Whether I did better (or worse) %-wise on the exam day, I will never know. But, S1 isn't really something you can improve on drastically, so I'd guess I performed more or less the same as the practise tests. Also, since your score is linked to the performance of the cohort, it is impossible to gauge. I'd just comment that 60-70% from practise tests is probably above average.
    Oh I see, that makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    4 more days to go!!

ReputationRep:
    Thats supposed to be a shocked emoji, cant be arsed to change it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paniking_and_not_revising)
    I'll be digging myself a hole to bury myself in for when we get the results. At least I'll be prepared for that.
    Do you know when we get results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anillatoo)
    oh, sorry, thought you took it before! If anyone can let me knw what time the first exam component started at any test centre...
    From an email GAMSAT sent:
    • You must report to the test centre at the time stated on your Admission Ticket, but it is not necessary to arrive before that time. The test itself will start as soon as all pre‐testing procedures are completed. If you report to the centre after all candidates have been admitted to the testing room you may not be admitted. No latecomers will be admitted once the test has started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PintoBeans)
    Do you know when we get results?
    I think it's mid-May. Should be 2 months after the exam but I'm not going to hold my breath. It may not be. Doesn't help that Acer don't tell us when we get the results when we sit the exam.

I'm feeling a bit better. Marked my S3 from the red booklet and got 48% so up quite a bit from the blue one which was like 30%.

So going to mark S1 now and hoping I get 80%.

I feel so sick thinking of the exam!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone sitting in London? What time are you guys planning to get there. Normally I would leave to reach bang on time but don't really trust London underground.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharma21)
    Anyone sitting in London? What time are you guys planning to get there. Normally I would leave to reach bang on time but don't really trust London underground.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm gonna take the 5:30 train and hope I get to the centre by 8:00 so I don't wander around looking really lost and get there late. I'm going to be so tired. Planning on waking up at 3am :eek2: I kind of wish I was staying in a hotel overnight but would have cost me too much.

My mum's been arguing with me cos she wants to come with me and I'd rather she didn't. She's like a helicopter parent on steroids.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. Planning to get there after 8.15am but before 8.30am ish, because it takes time checking people in etc. So could be waiting around for a some time if you're early. Normally I think they aim to start about 9am, as I've been told.

If anybody doing the London GAMSAT hasn't got anyone to hang out with during the break, pick me! I'm pretty much loning. I'll be the one crying into my sandwich..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna take the 5:30 train and hope I get to the centre by 8:00 so I don't wander around looking really lost and get there late. I'm going to be so tired. Planning on waking up at 3am :eek2: I kind of wish I was staying in a hotel overnight but would have cost me too much.

My mum's been arguing with me cos she wants to come with me and I'd rather she didn't. She's like a helicopter parent on steroids.
    (Original post by ZaiKay)
    Yes. Planning to get there after 8.15am but before 8.30am ish, because it takes time checking people in etc. So could be waiting around for a some time if you're early. Normally I think they aim to start about 9am, as I've been told.

If anybody doing the London GAMSAT hasn't got anyone to hang out with during the break, pick me! I'm pretty much loning. I'll be the one crying into my sandwich..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks guys I should be good for 8.15 then, don't worry we can all cry together during the break lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZaiKay)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awww I'm probably going to be crying too. I told my brother the exam was 5 and a half hours and he was like "how would you not cry through the whole thing?"

I'm annoyed I have to leave the house so early cos from 5:30 to 6:30 it's just bus replacement services and I ****ing hate those things.

ReputationRep:
    awww I'm probably going to be crying too. I told my brother the exam was 5 and a half hours and he was like "how would you not cry through the whole thing?"

I'm annoyed I have to leave the house so early cos from 5:30 to 6:30 it's just bus replacement services and I ****ing hate those things.
    If you're coming from south of London, you can get one of the trains to Victoria. The test centre is only 10 minutes walk from the station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KoalaBoar)
    If you're coming from south of London, you can get one of the trains to Victoria. The test centre is only 10 minutes walk from the station.
    I'm catching a train from Woking to Clapham Junction and then from Clapham Junction to London Victoria. But I need time to grab something to eat also because I'm not going to eat before leaving the house otherwise I'd just get really hungry during the exam. So I'm planning on getting to Victoria by 7:30 which should give me enough time to get something to eat hopefully and then walk to the centre.

ReputationRep:
    Just chipping in to say i'll see you guys on saturday! If it makes anyone feel better I have absolutely zero confidence in my ability to score well on this exam! Que sera sera

ReputationRep:
    I am fully expecting to bottle this exam as well; I have only done like 2 practise papers and written 2 dismal essays. Smiling through the pain

ReputationRep:
    I am fully expecting to bottle this exam as well; I have only done like 2 practise papers and written 2 dismal essays. Smiling through the pain
    I feel you, absolutely dreading section 2, keep thinking what if they ask something I have no idea about, going to end up sitting there and doodling for an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here :'( My practice tests have been abysmal. Losing hope, but just got to keep plodding on..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel you, absolutely dreading section 2, keep thinking what if they ask something I have no idea about, going to end up sitting there and doodling for an hour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha I was thinking of writing a monologue or something.

ReputationRep:
    When does everyone start studying for the GAMSAT in September 2016 ?? Feel like everyone is talking about a different test. I have only just started looking at GAMSAT so apologies for my ignorance .. Advise regarding preparation welcome xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 27, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.