The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CallMeQueenie
I live quite far away (in Norwich) but I sent the uni an email saying I should be able to get to Kingston if they would like to interview me at any point. I'm applying for the psychology course and the creative writing & psychology course. Because this means so much to me, I'm really worried I will go to this interview and mess up big time on things I know and get myself in a muddle or that everything will just fly out of my head and I will just stand there gaping and not knowing what to say! :O I suffer from anxiety and stress quite a lot (and waiting to hear back is all but killing me, haha!) so I was wondering if you have any tips or pointers on what the interview might be like and if it's going to be like an interrogation of everything I'm supposed to know? (my worst nightmare!)

Thanks ^^

Hey, I'm going to do psychology too this september 2016 and I'm from Spain
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by haonej
Anyone doing psychology? :smile:

Meee✌
I'm a little unsure of when we're supposed to arrive? Some of my friends who have applied to other universities know their start date and when to be go already. Is there somewhere on Kingston's website that already has this information? Or does anyone already know?
Thanks!
I received a conditional offer and have sent the information requested. Will i have to wait until after A-Level results date to receive an response ? I am wrecking with nerves because I just barely missed it and really really wanted to go to Kingston.
This may be a stupid question, but is there free parking available on site? My foundation year is at Kingston College if that makes a difference - all I've found when looking it up seem to be pay & display car parks so it's looking like I may need to get 4 busses each way if I can't drive & park as I can't afford to pay for petrol & parking!

Thanks
Original post by bkingkingking
This may be a stupid question, but is there free parking available on site? My foundation year is at Kingston College if that makes a difference - all I've found when looking it up seem to be pay & display car parks so it's looking like I may need to get 4 busses each way if I can't drive & park as I can't afford to pay for petrol & parking!

Thanks

Is this for the Science Foundation Year?

Which course are you hoping to study afterwards?

What were your grades before applying for the Foundation Year?
Original post by LionKing101

Yes it is, I'm hoping to go on to do forensic science - I'm a 'mature' student so my grades weren't relevant; I didn't study any science related A-levels so I think they base it on the fact that you either have some A-levels, (mine weren't anything to write home about) your gcse's and/or your personal statement :smile:

Sorry not very informative haha.

I have just found this thread though which has a lot of information about the foundation year! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4195347

Just seen you've already commented in that other thread hah! Way ahead of me :smile:
Yes it is, I'm hoping to go on to do forensic science - I'm a 'mature' student so my grades weren't relevant; I didn't study any science related A-levels so I think they base it on the fact that you either have some A-levels, (mine weren't anything to write home about) your gcse's and/or your personal statement :smile:

Sorry not very informative haha.

I have just found this thread though which has a lot of information about the foundation year! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4195347

No worries.

Is your offer conditional or unconditional?
No worries.

Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Unconditional due to already having met the criteria - thankful I don't have the wait for results day!
Original post by EllieBowker13
I'm a little unsure of when we're supposed to arrive? Some of my friends who have applied to other universities know their start date and when to be go already. Is there somewhere on Kingston's website that already has this information? Or does anyone already know?
Thanks!

Hi Ellie,

Welcome Week starts on the 19th September and then lectures will start on the 26th September.

You can find out more information like this on our Getting Ready site.

Hope that helps!

Corinna
Kingston University staff
Original post by Second_Beauty
I received a conditional offer and have sent the information requested. Will i have to wait until after A-Level results date to receive an response ? I am wrecking with nerves because I just barely missed it and really really wanted to go to Kingston.

Hi Second_Beauty,

You can get in touch with our Admissions team if you're concerned about this. Their telephone number is 0844 855 2177 and their email is [email protected].

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Corinna
Kingston University staff

Thanks

Parking permits are free to all students or Kingston Uni :smile:
Emily
Student Ambassador
Hey, i have the same problem since i sent my results on the 7th of july with no response. I have sent them an email yesterday and Im still waiting for answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When & how will we receive our timetables?
Original post by Jessejiofor
Hey, i have the same problem since i sent my results on the 7th of july with no response. I have sent them an email yesterday and Im still waiting for answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
Their telephone number is 0844 855 2177 and their email is [email protected] though i expect they will
be very busy at the moment with results coming out tomorrow. Keep checking UCAS as it can take a while to update.

Emily :smile:
Student ambassador
When & how will we receive our timetables?

Hi,
Depends on the course but should very soon, The best way to access them in the Kingston Uni mobile app.

Emily
Student ambassador
Reply 197
Hi, I am confirmed a spot and on Ucas (track) it lists the start date as 1st Sep however the website states that the Induction week starts on the 19th, I was just wondering what date to follow? Thanks in advance.
Hey!

I'm Rachel, I was wondering if anyone is staying at Clayhill?
Or is anyone was studying psychology.
Original post by RachelS17
Hey!

I'm Rachel, I was wondering if anyone is staying at Clayhill?
Or is anyone was studying psychology.

Hi Rachel,
I'm staying at Clayhill and studying psychology :smile:
Feel free to message me anytime,
Scarlett

Quick Reply

Latest