Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    It's probably for the simple reason that a lot of us have rl commitments and have been very busy. I know for a fact that I'm planning on writing a couple of bills over Christmas, but that doesn't exactly count as an explosion
    And based on that, how do you explain the higher activity during the last term, even in the early stages when there were still those RL commitments?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    I see RL commitments thrown around a lot, but if the government aren't going to be committed enough to the MHoC, maybe they shouldn't be forming the government.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I see RL commitments thrown around a lot, but if the government aren't going to be committed enough to the MHoC, maybe they shouldn't be forming the government.
    One or two members having RL problems doesn't stop us from being able to govern. It's obviously going to be a quieter period over Christmas as people will be spending more time with their families.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    One or two members having RL problems doesn't stop us from being able to govern. It's obviously going to be a quieter period over Christmas as people will be spending more time with their families.
    But also have less RL commitments since they don't have 9-5 commitments.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    But also have less RL commitments since they don't have 9-5 commitments.
    Look, I don't have control over people's lives and their RL commitments. People give all they can. For some it's a lot, for some it's only logging on and voting a few times a week. People have to remember that this is just a game and shouldn't expect loads of legislation for the whole term. There will be peaks and there will be drops. Some members will have more time over Christmas, some will have less. People have to accept that the MHoC isn't and shouldn't be people's top priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Look, I don't have control over people's lives and their RL commitments. People give all they can. For some it's a lot, for some it's only logging on and voting a few times a week. People have to remember that this is just a game and shouldn't expect loads of legislation for the whole term. There will be peaks and there will be drops. Some members will have more time over Christmas, some will have less. People have to accept that the MHoC isn't and shouldn't be people's top priority.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct.

I also don't remember early January being specified. The Chancellorship and Budget will be my priorities when I return from Deutschland, and I hope to present the latter by the end of January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Dearest Government, can you explain the ongoing absence of your Chancellor since the very start of the term (more than a month and a half) and shed some light on the process of drafting the budget, which as you said is to be expected in early January? We need an assurance that the confidence in your governance isn't misplaced.
    PetrosAC you are not on form today, I could give a better answer.

The government sub-forum is very active with lots of people posting. You do not need to believe but that is the truth. We like to focus on quality of everything we do rather than quantity, and despite Jarred being away I have stepped up as Liberal leader. An acting Chancellor has been appointed to lead the very fruitful government discussions that are taking place on the budget. We have a lot in common this term and are getting along really well with each other. We have had the PM away and the Chancellor away but both are returning soon to take over their roles form the people who stepped up, and progress has not been delayed.

Activity in the House has fallen as people have been away but the government sub-forum is very busy with lots of interesting ideas being proposed and every MP is contributing something to the discussions. Christmas approaching does not help things, however, the government ministers have all of the SoIs complete which are begin debated before being submitted; this government should be the most active government yet.

I now expect to see James Milibanter, Saracen's Fez, and RayApparently join in to tell us ll how wonderful everything is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)

The government sub-forum is very active with lots of people posting. You do not need to believe but that is the truth. We like to focus on quality of everything we do rather than quantity, and despite Jarred being away I have stepped up as Liberal leader. An acting Chancellor has been appointed to lead the very fruitful government discussions that are taking place on the budget. We have a lot in common this term and are getting along really well with each other. We have had the PM away and the Chancellor away but both are returning soon to take over their roles form the people who stepped up, and progress has not been delayed.

Activity in the House has fallen as people have been away but the government sub-forum is very busy with lots of interesting ideas being proposed and every MP is contributing something to the discussions. Christmas approaching does not help things, however, the government ministers have all of the SoIs complete which are begin debated before being submitted; this government should be the most active government yet.

I now expect to see James Milibanter, Saracen's Fez, and RayApparently join in to tell us ll how wonderful everything is.
    Haha, now I'm just going to call you a tool and we'll revisit the same issues in about two weeks. :laugh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Whoever said the government will last to Christmas........ I think your right...... Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Whoever said the government will last to Christmas........ I think your right...... Well done
    I would give it 5/3 for someone writing a MoNC before Christmas on grounds of poor activity, no legislative agendas, and key people being absent.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I would give it 5/3 for someone writing a MoNC before Christmas on grounds of poor activity, no legislative agendas, and key people being absent.
    I reckon if nothing is done by the end of the year I feel a MONC coming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I reckon if nothing is done by the end of the year I feel a MONC coming
    Because we've done nothing...

ReputationRep:
    You can hardly talk about poor activity, lack of legislative agendas and absense of key people after your last government (if you can call it that).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    You can hardly talk about poor activity, lack of legislative agendas and absense of key people after your last government (if you can call it that).
    That is why the government had a MoNC called against it; having one failing government does not authorise another failing government. I joined the MHoC about a year go but I have not seen a government do what it is meant to do: it is not surprising few people want to join the MHoC.

ReputationRep:
    That is why the government had a MoNC called against it; having one failing government does not authorise another failing government. I joined the MHoC about a year go but I have not seen a government do what it is meant to do: it is not surprising few people want to join the MHoC.
    I don't see how the government is failing, we have released numerous bills and statements already as well as an energy review.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I don't see how the government is failing, we have released numerous bills and statements already as well as an energy review.
    Hear hear. There is more on the way. I guess Tories and Kippers are just hard to please. Itching for a right-wing government.

ReputationRep:
    The Chancellor is away with no replacement announced, the cabinet changes are not announced, only an energy SoI has been released, the timeline for the budget is vague, a crisis hits the country to which the only response is an extra £40m, housing policies have not been mentioned, education policies have not been mentioned, defence policies have not been mentioned, local communities policies have not been mentioned, and every other department of government has been silent; in the remaining two thirds of the term the government must publish SoIs for all departments to be considered a successful government.

To make matter worse, there have been times when Petros has tagged the relevant SoS in a post when responding to question from someone, but the relevant SoI has not responded which shows a lack of interest in their department, inactivity, or a lack of knowledge of the problems the department faces.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador

Fancy becoming Govt Spokesperson?

Seriously though, I tried to not give the same generic response for once. I'll keep to the political answers from now on
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    The Chancellor is away with no replacement announced, the cabinet changes are not announced, only an energy SoI has been released, the timeline for the budget is vague, a crisis hits the country to which the only response is an extra £40m, housing policies have not been mentioned, education policies have not been mentioned, defence policies have not been mentioned, local communities policies have not been mentioned, and every other department of government has been silent; in the remaining two thirds of the term the government must publish SoIs for all departments to be considered a successful government.

To make matter worse, there have been times when Petros has tagged the relevant SoS in a post when responding to question from someone, but the relevant SoI has not responded which shows a lack of interest in their department, inactivity, or a lack of knowledge of the problems the department faces.
    Housing Policies would have been mentioned if anyone bothered to ask me during my Minister's Questions. I'm finalising a Housing SOI, but I'm not going to stick a date onto it and set my self a target to stress about. (Edit: Before you say that's bs, I'm happy expand on what I have via PM if it so pleases you. It's mainly just expanding on points and how things will be carried out)

It was my Minister's questions. They didn't need to respond, and if I remember correctly both Ray and THB did.

ReputationRep:
    Housing Policies would have been mentioned if anyone bothered to ask me during my Minister's Questions. I'm finalising a Housing SOI, but I'm not going to stick a date onto it and set my self a target to stress about. (Edit: Before you say that's bs, I'm happy expand on what I have via PM if it so pleases you. It's mainly just expanding on points and how things will be carried out)

It was my Minister's questions. They didn't need to respond, and if I remember correctly both Ray and THB did.
    It is the job of the government to promote their policy, not the job of MPs to ask the government's policy; the SoS question session was worthless because the SoS had not published any policy plans to be question on. I would likely publish what is said in a message to the MHoC allowing the shadow SoSs to hold the government account over its policy. The shadow SoSs want to hold the government to account but are unable to do so as the government has not done much.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.