Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim woman in Hijab pushed into a moving train by a man in London watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    Incorrect. Those 4 other people only come into view after the event because they decided to assist. Chances are that others were also there in the "near vicinity" but just stood there and watched - bystanders effect.
    Again, you are making unsupported assertions. We know that there were 8 other people on the platform. Anything else is speculation. It does not support your assertion that the platform was crowded and she was deliberately targeted

Strawman. I've never asserted that she was targetted because of her religion, only that it's plausible to suggest that this may have been the case.
    You claimed that it was "probable", which is a very different claim to "plausable", unless you don't know the definitions of these words, in which case, my apologies. Additionally, you rejected the possible scenarios of random act through mental instability or desire for arrest, so you clearly were certai of your assertion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    At least we can agree on that!

And I think all reasonable people agree that it is possible

Oh, now you've gone and spoiled all that good work.
    If you just read the posts, I wouldn't of had to spoil it.

(Original post by QE2)
    Like this.
    Train pulls up.
    Everyone on the platform gets on train.
    Train pulls off.
    Man steps onto empty platform as doors close and train pulls off.
    Man walks length of empty platform to what he knows will be the quietest area when platform fills up.

It's not really that difficult to visualise if you are familiar with the Underground.
    I'm not saying that it is what happened. I'm not even saying it was probable. Just possible.

As I have said, why not wait till the facts are out before claiming you (probably) know what happened?
    I very much doubt that it would of been empty seeing as the Bakerloo line splits into two different directions - not difficult to visualise if you were familiar with Piccadilly Circus.

I've just put forth a possible scenario which I consider the most probable - nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woIfie)
    How many Muslims have been pushed in front of trains? One?

I will read your answer tomorrow.

Good night (for real this time)
    There was a Hindu who might of been mistaken for a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Again, you are making unsupported assertions. We know that there were 8 other people on the platform. Anything else is speculation. It does not support your assertion that the platform was crowded and she was deliberately targeted.
    I don't recall saying that the platform was 'crowded' just that it was probably busy, as it usually is - especially when approaching rush hour.

(Original post by QE2)
    You claimed that it was "probable", which is a very different claim to "plausable", unless you don't know the definitions of these words, in which case, my apologies. Additionally, you rejected the possible scenarios of random act through mental instability or desire for arrest, so you clearly were certai of your assertion.
    Another strawman. I said that it was a plausible version of events which I consider to be probable, not that it is probable - two very different things, unless your reading comprehension isn't very good, in which case, my apologies. I also don't recall rejecting the possibility that the attack was carried out due to some 'mental instability' - more strawmen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Some people who attack Muslims are undoubtedly racist xenophobes. This man may also have been one. At present, there is no information either way.

As you raised the point, exactly how many Muslims have been pushed in front of trains because of their religion?
    Give me a number I can work with.
    There was a Hindu guy who might have been mistaken for a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    There was a Hindu guy who might have been mistaken for a Muslim.
    Yes, and they did not charge her with murder because of her “substantial psychiatric history and drug problems.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    Yes, and they did not charge her with murder because of her “substantial psychiatric history and drug problems.”
    You only asked those who have been pushed in front, not how many were charged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QE2)
    How do you know he chose to stand behind her? How do you know that she didn't stand in front of him?

More assertions without support.

If he did choose her, perhaps it was because she was standing in a quiet section of the platform (Boondock has already told us that that platform is usually crowded) and he didn't want there to be anyone to stop him.

Why not wait for the facts before making your mind up? You should use this maxim for everything, BTW.
    u can speak. read ur own words, assertions without support.
    I was suggesting it and u shot it down without saying yes it could potentially be a possibility

ReputationRep:
    Man you are one stupid ignoramus redneck. Why don't you go sleep with your sister.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always use incest insults when arguing about these things says a lot about their own mind tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chosenone93)
    Why do people always use incest insults when arguing about these things says a lot about their own mind tbh
    I know right the insult say a lot more about them than I'm sure they would like to admit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    She is perfectly fine. Somehow she managed to just bounce off the thing. A few cuts and stuff the news said but nothing that bad considering the circumstances. Whether she wants to leave her house again or play any part of public life, even using the tube to get to work, remains to be seen.
    Thank God she's doing better now! Poor lady must be traumatized

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.