Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

"Shootings" reported in central Paris. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Use Err Name)
    IS sympathists have praised the attacks, not claimed responsibility. There's a difference.
    I'm quoting Twitter so maybe I know something they don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    On the basis the last 45,623 terrorist attacks in the world were committed by Islam?

We do not want terrorists entering our country.... hence border controls....

Nationality means nothing to these people, they only care about religion.
    Source? Daily Mail?
    If nationality means nothing then what has border control got to do with it?
    Terrorists are also born in this country. Stop being so ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Fourth attack in Paris shopping centre, it's going to be a long night.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus. Why Paris though?! Paris is part of the West, sure, but they don't have as much beef from Islamists compared with the States or even us.

Just don't get why it always seems to be Paris of late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassassin04)
    Oh yes of course, everything you hear has to be a scientific claim requiring evidence. Lets take everything literally. C'mon, stop being silly. You do not look smart if you believe you're winning this argument by asking the impossible.
    Well I'm not going to believe stuff on an internet forum just because someone says it. If I say that 500 people were killed in these horrific attacks, you're going to want to hear where I got that number from. I made it up, just like the majority of this Islam-hating forum does. I'm not asking the impossible, he gave a reasonable answer. But everyone has faults, like how David Cameron was found to be smoking illegal substances whilst at university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    18 dead, 60-100 held hostage.
    bbc news saying it's 40, paris tv station saying it's now 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Jesus. Why Paris though?! Paris is part of the West, sure, but they don't have as much beef from Islamists compared with the States or even us.

Just don't get why it always seems to be Paris of late.
    They don't need a reason. That's the ultimate truth.

I suspect that this is a retaliation because of Jihadi john (emwazi) recent death, just purely speculation before someone tries calling me out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Religion of peace at it again. RIP.
    when people keep saying this what do you want done?

what should we do? get rid of all muslims like hitler did to the nazi's?

ReputationRep:
    60 dead
    muslim terrorists
    on going hostage situation
    multiple locations like mumbai

crazy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    I suspect that this is a retaliation because of Jihadi john (emwazi) recent death, just purely speculation before someone tries calling me out.
    i was thinking exactly the same but it appears quite well planned. In terms of timing/co-ordination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    Where would you go, out of curiosity?
    Not the anglosphere

Somewhere chilled but also cultural, like Latin America or the far East. I'm sure African countries could be lovely if they are developed and stable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    I heard the number has increased to 100?
    Its time like this we all need a hug *gives yeh a wee hug*

Im not much religious anymore but God bless jaysus:O
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This is shocking. Oh my goodness hopefully this doesn't end with even more deaths. Can't imagine all those hostages are getting out alive which is the sad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    when people keep saying this what do you want done?

what should we do? get rid of all muslims like hitler did to the nazi's?
    Meenu is that a Hindu name? they can hardly take the higher morale ground. It's just trolls.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think it is because of jihadi john...this was clearly planned beforehand...

also this jihadi john thing is a joke...why have we made him into celebrity and given him that stupid name...this is what he wanted isn't it?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't imagine it's just because of that. How highly ranked was he that they would do this and could they co ordinate something this quickly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    bbc news saying it's 40, paris tv station saying it's now 60
    French police say at least 60. Only two gunman in main hall where are the other four?

ReputationRep:
    Here's a crazy idea, how about we wait to hear the facts before we start blaming certain groups?
    It may well turn out to be Muslims but let's wait for the facts.

ReputationRep:
    Because France is a weak country.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.