Turn on thread page Beta

I gave her my number. Did I do the right thing? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    You come across as desperate, which s so off putting. They know that; so won't give you their number.
    How did I come across as desperate? Could you tell me your input, what exactly did I do wrong and what should I have done differently? Don't want to make the same mistake again..

ReputationRep:
    You're a mental, this is how Elliot Rodger started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceOfOrange)
    You're a mental, this is how Elliot Rodger started.
    Sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by believeteam22)
    How did I come across as desperate? Could you tell me your input, what exactly did I do wrong and what should I have done differently? Don't want to make the same mistake again..
    Think it was when you suddenly approached the 2nd girl and asked for her number for no reason.
    I know some girls don't mind giving it out but some may not be comfortable giving it out to someone they don't trust and it sounded so awkward your post. There was no conversation leading to asking for her number. She probably thought you would be a pest if you had it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by chikane)
    Think it was when you suddenly approached the 2nd girl and asked for her number for no reason.
    I know some girls don't mind giving it out but some may not be comfortable giving it out to someone they don't trust and it sounded so awkward your post. There was no conversation leading to asking for her number. She probably thought you would be a pest if you had it.
    Yeah. Like I said previously, I'd only give you my number if you gave me a reason to. For example, if you said "fancy meeting up for a coffee sometime?" I'd be more likely to give you my number.

ReputationRep:
    I have been reading this thread for like an hour and all your other threads.

I'm sorry to say and excuse me if i'm sounding like a ****, but believeteam22, your life is a tragedy. Are you looking for marriage or something (are you a muslim or christian even?). This is just sexual obsession and i can see why other users are so unsympathic with you because of your refusal to listen.

My advice is to dial 101 and ask them this question and all your history on girls, they will tell you to visit the hospital for examining. I'm very sorry i'm sounding blunt but this is just annoying and i really think you need to go to hospital and receive your diagnosis of Bipolar/Personality disorder.

PrinceOfOrange is right, you're going to go mentally ill. Find help and please find 'male friends' and not 'female friends'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Ah ok. I didn't ask her suddenly though. On the day of the sale, we were both working together and constantly talking for a good 40 minutes, laughing, etc. And I felt there was something there. Also, later that day, I would see her looking at me on numerous occasions and smiling. Again, I took for this as a sign of interest. But that day, I wasn't able to ask for her number. So the next day, I saw her again, she came up to me whilst working and made conversation. And again, I saw her looking at me a lot throughout the day. So I thought ok I will just go for it, so I approached her and said hey give me your number. To which she said noo and started to laugh and then just walked away.
    It's been 2 weeks now and I haven't seen her again after that day.
    I was rather annoyed at first but now I am not too bothered. Just annoyed at myself for misreading it I guess.

Definitely, I asked another girl for her number and she gave it straight away.

Anyway, I won't ask for a girl's number so suddenly next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Yeah. Like I said previously, I'd only give you my number if you gave me a reason to. For example, if you said "fancy meeting up for a coffee sometime?" I'd be more likely to give you my number.
    Yeah I should have done that I guess. Will keep that in mind for the future.

ReputationRep:
    frozen_fire Hey where did your comment go? I wasn't able to read it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uyi 95)
    I have been reading this thread for like an hour and all your other threads.

I'm sorry to say and excuse me if i'm sounding like a ****, but believeteam22, your life is a tragedy. Are you looking for marriage or something (are you a muslim or christian even?). This is just sexual obsession and i can see why other users are so unsympathic with you because of your refusal to listen.

My advice is to dial 101 and ask them this question and all your history on girls, they will tell you to visit the hospital for examining. I'm very sorry i'm sounding blunt but this is just annoying and i really think you need to go to hospital and receive your diagnosis of Bipolar/Personality disorder.

PrinceOfOrange is right, you're going to go mentally ill. Find help and please find 'male friends' and not 'female friends'
    My life is a tragedy? :/ you are exaggerating too much lol

I'm not looking for marriage (yet). I mean, I am looking for a girl. Yeah I am muslim.
    It's not sexual obsession. You definitely have the wrong idea here.

ReputationRep:
    Did you say the words "hey, give me your number" exactly? Because if a guy said that to me, it'd either sound like a joke or it'd be too forceful and I would react the same way the girl did with you.
    In future, approach more gently. As others have suggested, say things like "What're you doing this weekend, fancy meeting up' etc

I'm not looking for marriage (yet). I mean, I am looking for a girl. Yeah I am muslim.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster

It's an obsession. 30+ threads on one girl isn't healthy bro. But you need to learn to draw the line somewhere... Girl doesn't want to go out with you, move on, next girl. The fact that you've dwindled on this one girl means you've wasted a year chasing the same girl when you could have found better girls out there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celloel)
    Did you say the words "hey, give me your number" exactly? Because if a guy said that to me, it'd either sound like a joke or it'd be too forceful and I would react the same way the girl did with you.
    In future, approach more gently. As others have suggested, say things like "What're you doing this weekend, fancy meeting up' etc
    Yeah, I said something like hey, give me your number ini, i'll whatsapp you.. something along those lines.
    Ah ok I will keep that in mind in the future and not be so forceful..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    It's an obsession. 30+ threads on one girl isn't healthy bro. But you need to learn to draw the line somewhere... Girl doesn't want to go out with you, move on, next girl. The fact that you've dwindled on this one girl means you've wasted a year chasing the same girl when you could have found better girls out there!
    No. You are confused. The 30+ threads and that girl are behind me now. I haven't made any more threads about that girl in months and I haven't even been talking about her so please read carefully.

And I am moving on. I asked 2 girls for their numbers, didn't work but still shows I am trying to move on from the old girl.

ReputationRep:
    frozen_fire Hey where did your comment go? I wasn't able to read it..
    I have no idea that's weird. Basically was a response to where you've been going wrong. I think the main problem is you don't know how to flirt with girls/build attraction so on first impressions it comes across as though you are looking for friendship rather than a relationship.

Also you shouldn't assume that if a girl you like is giving you attention, it means she is romantically interested. The best way to gage is to see her reaction when you try to flirt/show interest as that's usually a good way of finding signals.

Finally, it's important to realize that sometimes there's nothing you can do. If a girl finds you physically unattractive for example, then it's unlikely she will want to date you regardless of other qualities you may have.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frozen_fire)
    I have no idea that's weird. Basically was a response to where you've been going wrong. I think the main problem is you don't know how to flirt with girls/build attraction so on first impressions it comes across as though you are looking for friendship rather than a relationship.

Also you shouldn't assume that if a girl you like is giving you attention, it means she is romantically interested. The best way to gage is to see her reaction when you try to flirt/show interest as that's usually a good way of finding signals.

Finally, it's important to realize that sometimes there's nothing you can do. If a girl finds you physically unattractive for example, then it's unlikely she will want to date you regardless of other qualities you may have.
    Ah ok. So how do I flirt/build attraction with them? What exactly do I need to do? I am really a beginner at this, but I am trying.

Ok so I need to flirt and build attraction. But how? That's what I need to know.

ReputationRep:
    Then please explain? I'm sorry im sounding rude but all you just seem to dwell on girls

I think with your situation, you need to leave it. This is 2016. Forget it and hang out with 'guys'

My female friend will say this is a lot to me: 'hang out with the guys' (probably because she knows i'm in love with her).

So i repeat - 'hang out with guys'. Girls are poisonous in my view and are only good for one thing, sadly most guys (especially me and 90% guys on TSR) don't have that skill to possess
    I'm not. I really like the girl from uni. And I was hung up on her more over 2yrs. But a a couple of months ago I decided that I had wasted enough time and that I was going to move forward with my life (something everyone on tsr kept telling me to do).

And so since that, things have been well with the girl from uni. We still talk sometimes but our friendship has improved a lot in the sense that I have distanced myself a bit and don't talk to her all the time. And I am doing much better too in that I am not upset or sad all the time or anything like that.

I'm not dwelling on girls, but I am looking for a girl. Isn't that normal?

I recently found 2 girls and it didn't work out with either of them (this thread). And no big deal, it happens. And I have hardly given it any thought now. I am more preoccupied with uni.

I do hang out with my guy friends though.

Ahh well I just need to get better with girls, I can't just run away from this lol. It's a necessary skill and the only way to improve is to try and try and try again regardless.

ReputationRep:
    Then please explain? I'm sorry im sounding rude but all you just seem to dwell on girls

I think with your situation, you need to leave it. This is 2016. Forget it and hang out with 'guys'

My female friend will say this is a lot to me: 'hang out with the guys' (probably because she knows i'm in love with her).

So i repeat - 'hang out with guys'. Girls are poisonous in my view and are only good for one thing, sadly most guys (especially me and 90% guys on TSR) don't have that skill to possess
    Repped too early till i read the bit in bold, whats the only thing girls are good for i'm curious to know :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. I really like the girl from uni. And I was hung up on her more over 2yrs. But a a couple of months ago I decided that I had wasted enough time and that I was going to move forward with my life (something everyone on tsr kept telling me to do).

And so since that, things have been well with the girl from uni. We still talk sometimes but our friendship has improved a lot in the sense that I have distanced myself a bit and don't talk to her all the time. And I am doing much better too in that I am not upset or sad all the time or anything like that.

I'm not dwelling on girls, but I am looking for a girl. Isn't that normal?

I recently found 2 girls and it didn't work out with either of them (this thread). And no big deal, it happens. And I have hardly given it any thought now. I am more preoccupied with uni.

I do hang out with my guy friends though.

Ahh well I just need to get better with girls, I can't just run away from this lol. It's a necessary skill and the only way to improve is to try and try and try again regardless.
    What type of girls do you usually go for? you said you were muslim maybe cause you are asian you aren't their type or you come across as too forward which they don't like.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You try too hard though and it's really obvious to them how desparate you really are.

You need to start by trying not to approach every single with the intention of wanting to date them. I've met guys like you, it's obvious what you're after and it makes me not want to be friends with you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2016
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.