Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend is white and I'm a Muslim girl. Watch

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all... Here goes.

I'm in love with a non- Muslim, he's white and I cannot see myself with anyone but him.

My parents:
    My mum is a strict Muslim and prays five times a day, I can't talk to her about anything and I don't really have much of a personal relationship with my mum as she's very quick to judge and doesn't like listening.

My dad married again in Pakistan but is still married to my mum and she seems to be okay with it but I'm totally against it. He's always messing about and I know he does things that he's not supposed to be doing but when it comes to his daughters he becomes this strict hitler type of man and you can't actually talk to him either.

My older sister is the golden child and has done everything perfectly in life and has married a Muslim guy and my parents think the sun shines out of her arse.

My younger sister is kind of like me but no attention is thrown at her because I'm always under the spotlight for " bad child "

Me: I'm 24, final year at uni, I like to go out and enjoy myself, I don't commit crimes and I just like to live my life... and my boyfriend is 31 and is a well established business man with great values and personality - except he isn't Muslim.

Long story short : I told my aunties about him and they seemed okay with it at the time until all hell broke loose and she told my mum. Mum said she would disown me if I ever went near him again and that she would die of shame if anyone else were to find out.
    ( my dad still doesn't know but I reckon he would flip out too.)

I had a massive argument with my aunties and I cut all extended family off because of their negativity and racist behaviour towards it all.

Till this day it's depressing me day by day as I'm being watched on my every move... And it's come to a point where I just want to run away and that's what il do... But that means I can't return ... Ever.

Has anyone felt this way before? What shall I do ?!

This is very simple.

A man is temporary in this life.... This isn't from a Muslim standpoint. More from a believing in God standpoint.

A man comes and goes.... what you may perceive as love... can be something else in a year or two or even ten.

God's love for this believers is eternal. This life and the next. It may not be a sexual or affectionate type of love. But it is the greatest love as there is no superficial lining to it.

I would never choose a man over my family... and better yet.. I would never choose a man over God. God hears what is in my heart when no one else knows. A man is just another body. There is only one God... there are plenty of men.

Additionally - you must think about your future. How do you want to raise future children? It is worth putting your mother and father through so much pain and 'dishonour' for a man? Your mother carried you for 9 months and raised you into a smart and beautiful young lady. Give her the respect back. Sometimes what we think is great - isn't great at all... it's our mind playing games on us.

Only you can make this decision.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    This post is so racist, your muslim and you can't marry a white?
    Shouldn't it be you are muslim and you can't marry a non muslim?
    Also you can get white muslims!
    So are your parents objecting as he is not muslim or he is white?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is very simple.

A man is temporary in this life.... This isn't from a Muslim standpoint. More from a believing in God standpoint.

A man comes and goes.... what you may perceive as love... can be something else in a year or two or even ten.

God's love for this believers is eternal. This life and the next. It may not be a sexual or affectionate type of love. But it is the greatest love as there is no superficial lining to it.

I would never choose a man over my family... and better yet.. I would never choose a man over God. God hears what is in my heart when no one else knows. A man is just another body. There is only one God... there are plenty of men.

Additionally - you must think about your future. How do you want to raise future children? It is worth putting your mother and father through so much pain and 'dishonour' for a man? Your mother carried you for 9 months and raised you into a smart and beautiful young lady. Give her the respect back. Sometimes what we think is great - isn't great at all... it's our mind playing games on us.

Only you can make this decision.

Good luck.
    Good grief. Get a grip on reality.

Why are you posting anonymously? Are you also a coward?

Parents decide to have children then they ****. Babies do not suddenly decide: hey, know what, I want to be born into this family, this religion, this country, this town, this house and at this time.

One can respect parents but that respect has to be earned.

But parents must also respect their adult children have freedom of choice.

Anything else is simply emotional blackmail, bullying, coercion, threat and pure bigotry - and for what purpose? So that her parents don't have to deal with the fact their daughter has a strong character and is exercising her freedoms as protected by the laws of THIS land.

The surest way to lose their daughter is to carry on bullying. They should be extremely proud of her and shouting from the rooftops that they raised an intelligent, strong willed and beautiful girl who is independent and definitely making a success of her life.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a bit more time,to see whether you still have a love interest with in him,if not your love comes first with in the future matter,sorry for your parents,but what else did you expect moving into the UK where most of the population is white;love is boundless no matter what race,sex etc.,so your best option is to go for it,as you might be regret it I the future.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.